how to water the plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
i just watered my plants i fell i watered at the right time, because when i watered air bubbles where bubbling up from the soil which i believe means that the trapped gases from the roots got replaced by water.my question is how much water should i give them when watered it seemed to me like the water i put in the pots came out the bottom, so i scooped it up and put it back in but again it came out the bottom . so my question is did i do it wrong did i overwater or is there a certain amount to give the plants . dam i sound like the over concerned gardner. :hubba:

I water til it starts to come out the bottom, the "run off" is what I test the ph of soil but anyways water til it starts comin out bottom then stop cause yual got enough water. Let the soil dry between waterins pilgrem and yual do just fine. Good luck and hope yual yield yur need ;)

BWD

yup, water to run off, get in the habit of lifting your pots and you will quickly learn when they need water, but until then you can water when the top 3 inchs of soil are bone dry.

These here folk be bout smart as yur gunna get! Thanks for helpin out this here pilgrem, thinks he just might fill pouch with folk like yual helpin ;)

BWD

You are doing fine, SkullCandy. I do the pot lift thing --when they need water the pots get real light. I water until run-off and then let them sit in the run-off for half hour or so -- they usually suck up the run-off which fills in and dry areas in the pot -- whatever doesn't get sucked up I remove with my trusty turkey baster. It takes some experience to understand what your plants are telling you, but it sure is nice when you begin to understand their language and know why you are doing what you do -- green Mojo to you friend.

Peace

I have my plants in 5 gal. pots and usually give about a litre of water. When the plant is dry I'll pour the water over the soil which looks saturated but, directly under is still bone dry i guess it's like trying to wipe up a puddle with an old dry rag, no absorbency until it's damp again. I forgot the scientific term for it but, not important.

yeah the soil can get very hard once it has dried out and the water can just pour down the side of the pot and out the bottom. i water very slow around the base of the main stems. i give just a little water to each plant at first so the soil has a minute to moisten up, then i go back again and water them on the wet mark i made last time, but this time with much more water. it seems to help the water absorb.

hope this helps

What Hemper said is what I do, except for the baster. The plant will drink it all up eventually, then i let it dry out. Have good air in your room and you will be fine.

thanks everyone for the good advice i will keep it in mind during my next water, i can honestly say that after hearing the good advice i get from all of you that my plants will turn out fine . :)

Latest posts

Back