How to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sampson

Reaction score
So I really want to start growing MJ by doing it the hydroponic way..My mom just bought this little hydroponic system to grow her type of cooking herbs and I thought wow I'd like to do this..

So how do I go about making one??

I think the first place to start is to look at how much space you have to work with. Then you are going to have to research the different methods of hydroponic growing, such as ebb & flow, DWC, NFT, drip, ect. Once you have selected the style that suits you best, then it is time to get constructing, but firstly you need a plan.

Do a google search on hydroponic methods or hydroponic systems and read all of the general principles of each system, that will make your decision easier. I am sure that some people will come by and say that this system is best or that system is best but really it comes down to what you feel comfortable with

Learn about the different types and decide what is best for you. I will be doing a aerorail DIY and I'm hoping to have it done by tomorrow, also look at the DIY section, tons of units but you need to know what you want, meaning do some reading first, then ask specifics. Good luck, and remember hydro is fun but you wanna get a system that suits you.

Welcome to MP Sampson. Good to have you here. This site is filled with all the information that you will need to get on the path to growing some good mj. You definitely need to research into what you need to do. Read, read, read is the name of the game my friend. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

welcome, somebody will tell you if its your first grow you shoud start out with soil...its easier. i dont know if its easier cause i started with hydro and have had no major probs. like the rest say, researching before your grow will save headaches. i do an ebb and flow tray with rockwool and i love it...but its not for everybody(only us who want the best buds the fastest!)

lyfr said:
welcome, somebody will tell you if its your first grow you shoud start out with soil...its easier. i dont know if its easier cause i started with hydro and have had no major probs. like the rest say, researching before your grow will save headaches. i do an ebb and flow tray with rockwool and i love it...but its not for everybody(only us who want the best buds the fastest!)

I go both ways with this. I'm used to think it was best to start in soil but I don't know how I feel now. You can really learn a lot about a root system and nutrients with hydro, you see what's going on. However I think soil is a bit safer for the plants when grown by somebody new to gardening...it's not as intense with nutes. A lot of beginners don't realize how potent nutes can be. I started with both, but I like to overwhelm myself for some reason.

welcome. peeps here are more than helpful. what i did (im only on my 2nd grow) is really pay attention to other buddies setups, research, and not be in a hurry to get things done. really triple thought out everything before buying anything. designed whole setup with no help, but researched about everything i would need! asked the hydro shop guy a million questions. my link below will show yo my setup. happy growing!

hey sampson, i am certainly no expert having never grown before, but if you want something simple like your moms set-up "only better", you can get great single bucket set ups and get your feet wet, then after your hooked go crazy on the ultimate set-up

Latest posts

Back