How Would These Containers Work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllusionalFate

Winter Madness
Reaction score
I really like these containers and want to use them for my next grow. They're 6 gallons and slightly less than 1 foot in diameter, but the only issue is that they're white.

I don't want to allow light to get to the roots, but since the containers are made of durable plastic and since I will be growing in soil, I was hoping that it would be able to block out enough light. What do you guys think?

hxxp://www.yankeecontainers.com/PHP/Product1.php?itemnumber=PCI48BTWHPHT

I'M getting a error message with that link. :confused2: IMHO if they are not see through you should be fine even though they are white. ;)

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
I'M getting a error message with that link. :confused2: IMHO if they are not see through you should be fine even though they are white. ;)
Works for me... did you change the hxxp to http?

They are indeed completely opaque so it sounds like they will work fine. Thanks guys for the replies.

and if you have any concerns about the light "glowing" thru the containers, simply spray paint the containers with a cheap, paint....:cool:

Man crazy..you want to spray everything flat black...dont you?..lol...I thaught I was but after some research, I found that the Big word "Hick" used..was what I had..KEEP M GREEN

My ex BF grew in soil and used white buckets. He never had any problems. I think that the white buckets are only a problem with hydro.

Latest posts

Back