Hurricane Irene

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont worry bout us Rose. Worry about all those losing homes, livelihoods, and loved ones.

Got power back about an hour after I posted though.

Its not the grid or anything Rose. Its so many big shallow root trees. Been so wet here lately before the hurricane, the ground has stayed soft. So it didnt take much to cause damage. Weve had storms with as big of gust this year. But already soft ground, tossing on 10 inches of rain and 60mph winds. They just tipped onto lines everywhere.
Oh and with every area around cutting funding to their dept of trans. Trees arnt groomed going down the highway like they once were. Lines running right through trees cause they arnt getting cut as often.

Pretty much everything in my area is getting back to normal now. I saw the CRAZIEST thing ever two days ago though. My job takes me up and down the North Carolina coast and two days ago I had to drive through Havelock, North Carolina. This area of North Carolina had some pretty serious damage and this was day #4 that they had no power. So I am driving through the outskirts of the town and I pass through a small intersection pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Nothing but farmland all around. So at this intersection there was a small car lot with a building that had been all glass windows. On the other corner was a small, 2 pump gas station. The car lot office had most of it's windows broken out. Chairs and desks were overturned inside, there was a ton of damage. Across the street the gas station ad been borded up and it appeared to have no damage but they were closed since they had no power and there were no cars around. I look closer at the gas station and standing in the middle of the parking lot, chewing something from a turned over trash can is a GOAT! I laugh and look back at the car lot building with the busted out windows, and ANOTHER GOAT is coming out of the office building thorugh a broken out window!

I'm telling ya peoples, some day goats are going to rule the world. They are already attempting to figure out the combustion engine.

That is funny right there Sensi. I bet you thought you were seeing things.

Latest posts

Back