Hydro Grow. DWC. New to hydro.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growbuddy

SEVENTEEN
Reaction score
Ok well I would like to start off with the basics of this grow.
Plants
12 bag seeds and they are 3 and a half weeks old (from seeds) in 5 gal. buckets. These buckets have air stones in each and plenty of power for making LOTS of bubbles.
Lights
One 400w mh and a small T5 fluorescent
Grow room
You can look at the pictures but there are 2 fans going, one oscillating on the plants on all the time and one fan blowing the heat off of the light when it's on.

I have them at 1/2 nutes right now.
Any tips/thoughts on this, as this is my first hydro grow, would be appreciated.

Photo 74.jpg

Photo 77.jpg

Photo 78.jpg

Photo 76.jpg

ninja edit, i just saw you had a 400w light, should have more for that size area, at least a 600w.

Also, where is your reflective siding?

Looks dirty, make sure you grow room is a top secret "eat spaghetti of the floor clean" laboratory.

JB

looks good . are you planning on getting a hps for flowering? will be grabbing a seat early.:cool: ...bb...

i would suggest using clones in dwc it will save much time and hassle

goneindawind said:
i would suggest using clones in dwc it will save much time and hassle

ah it doesn't matter. I have done seed and clone with equal results.

Thanks for the input thus far. And my worry too is that 400w may not be powerful enough for 12 plants in veg. and defiantly not in flowering, but the T5 I have worked for 4 plants in a closet grow, so therefore I am figuring that that can account for some of the light and all 12 are not under the 400w mh.

And reflectiave siding is something I intend to put up, (thanks for the reminder) I have been reading around and mylar seems to work best, any suggestions?

I am planning on getting at least a conversion bulb for flowering. I know you loose wattage but thats the only option I have, as I cant buy a new fixture right now.

The roots are doing great, already hanging out of the baskets on a half of them.

I will measure the area today and hopefully get better quality pictures..

I have tried both Mylar and Flat white paint..I love the Paint. I have a roll of Mylar under my bed gathering dust.
My Girls grow just as good and Bushy with the White Paint,,and guess what,,I dont have to worry about making the Mylar flat and smooth on the wall anymore.
The paint has no wrinkles,,unless you suck big time at painting.:hubba:

BuddyLuv said:
ah it doesn't matter. I have done seed and clone with equal results.
idk i like running clones because of sexing and veg time seeds are kinda finky too

12 plants with a 400w? You are gonna need more light for sure... not to mention how crowded it will get with 12 plants going... I had 4 going in my DWC set up and it was a jungle...hell I got rid of 2 males in the DWC and it's still a jungle...cld not imagine 12 going... Good luck with the grow though..

12 plants =2x600w or 1x1000w

i wouldnt use any less since the buds would be loose and airy.

gl

UPDATE!

Okay, here's the deal, I am now 35 days after seeds and 19 days after transplant.
I have cut down the number of plants by 3, making 9 plants total.
The T5 light is growing bigger plants, but also it is concentrated over only 2 plants; opposed to the 400 watt is covering, now, 7.

Look at the roots, they are hanging to the bottom of the bucket, (even longer) Is this norml? ;)

I am trying to find a good light position for these and how to put them under there.

our babies 001 Stitch-3.jpg

our babies 016.jpg

AppleScript Utility.app.jpg

our babies 049.jpg

Any thoughts people?

How are the roots?

Is my light enough, I have a 400 w mh and a small T5?

They have become a lot taller and are starting to spread their wings. I am wondering about pruning/topping with a hydro set, is it okay and a good idea to do?

roots look fine to me, just watch for algae in those buckets.

i not big into hydro...more work than the simple way.but if you must you must...roots look good...t5 are a big waist of time i think.ther are only 2 hid you use mh then hps or hps the whole time...you may be suprized what a 400 hps at 53000 lumes can do....i have done over 20 big bud'rs with just one while back.but more light is always better...also thy are to big to top...you woukd stress them to much at that size.only top at the 3rd node..use ya 400 Hp

bnightclown said:
i not big into hydro...more work than the simple way.but if you must you must...roots look good...t5 are a big waist of time i think.ther are only 2 hid you use mh then hps or hps the whole time...you may be suprized what a 400 hps at 53000 lumes can do....i have done over 20 big bud'rs with just one while back.but more light is always better...also thy are to big to top...you woukd stress them to much at that size.only top at the 3rd node..use ya 400 MH for now when ya go and flip to 12/12 i would invest in a 600 hps...be good flowers and you will have ya system down..maybe spend more on a dig ballast so you can run the 600 with both bulbs more money but just an idea...good luck and keep it green

Excuse me!!!!This is T5's 4ft 6tube 30,000 Lumens( 7 weeks into flower)
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=107219&d=1238540573

Latest posts

Back