hydro nutrient schedule question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrow22

Reaction score
Hey guys,
When you feed your girls in between vegging and flowering, is it best to continue on the ppm that you are currently at, or should you reduce it so it can get adjusted to the new nutrient ratio?

you will def want to reduce it. you may have a strong pheno, or hardy genetics but nutrient lock up happens most often when switching light cycles, or rather switching the nutrient reg due to the change in light cycle.

especially if you are going to be using new nutes (another brand) or supplements from other companies that you would regularly use like carbo load, etc. when putting your new mix in, or when mixing more/different nutes in a recirculating system the new mix can cause lockup.

Sometimes this is not even noticible- some plants wont go through it at all, others will just slow down for a couple days, and then the majority of indoor genetics will lockup to the point that you notice.

with the phenos i work with i actually wean them off by just adding mixed half doses to my exisiting solution until the plant decides to start taking up those new available nutes, but keeping the overall ppm between 600-800

if you just change the solution, the plant mayy not be ready to take up those newly available nutes and in turn will lock up for a while until it adjusts.

if you are using a new brand of nutes i would say to change out the solution and keep the ppm level lower

if you are using the same nutes, just a new reg i would say to just start adding on more bloom over the next 2 weeks, keeping your overall ppm lower until you see the begginings of preflowers- then adjust your N, micros, and supplements to the suggested amount by the nutrient company.

either way it is ALWAYS, ALWAYS safer to underfeed, and in any case where it is questioned, always underfeed. You just got to learn how your plant likes it, rough and hardy or soft and sultry haha

Thanks ob1 :D, i am using advanced 3 part solution, so sounds good

Latest posts

Back