I believe I'm about to dive into CO2...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanna go co 2 but I dropped 4 k into this wife won't let me anymore..but love that auto pilot snd nice ser up bro..tech

I have the CAP xgc-1e complete growroom controller. It has fuzzy logic, you can hook the fans and ac and lights and dehumidifier and water supply to it. You set the parameters and it acts like god for you. It turns the fans on when it gets too hot, and automatically shuts down the co2 so you're not wasting it, only to turn right back on when fans turn off. The fuzzy logic shoots an infra red beam through the grow space and counts the ppm's I n the air, and tells the regulator when to work, you can set the parameters on the ppm's of co2 as well. I have mine at 1500 Ppm's. I love it. It was the best $500 I've spent on my growroom.

Last edited:
I just go in and out of my grow room so many times a day that I don't think I could get CO2 to work--every time I opened the door, I would be letting it all out. It is just hard for me to stay out of the space and leave the doors closed.

Do you that run CO2 pretty much just try and stay out of your space while it is running?

I just go in and out of my grow room so many times a day that I don't think I could get CO2 to work--every time I opened the door, I would be letting it all out. It is just hard for me to stay out of the space and leave the doors closed.

Do you that run CO2 pretty much just try and stay out of your space while it is running?

Yeah I try as best as I can to stay out, but if I let it out, I really don't worry about it. It's worth running it to me. And if it gets out, it's in the room where my tent is and will be drawn back in through the passive intakes anyway. I just keep the door shut to the room my tent is in. Lol

I wanna go co 2 but I dropped 4 k into this wife won't let me anymore..but love that auto pilot snd nice ser up bro..tech

SWEET JESUS 4 K What does that get you? I'm under $1000 with 3 rooms. I'm adding another tent light etc that's $500 so $1500 all said and done with sub panel

SWEET JESUS 4 K What does that get you? I'm under $1000 with 3 rooms. I'm adding another tent light etc that's $500 so $1500 all said and done with sub panel

Some of us are caring for others than just ourselves;)

Yeah I try as best as I can to stay out, but if I let it out, I really don't worry about it. It's worth running it to me. And if it gets out, it's in the room where my tent is and will be drawn back in through the passive intakes anyway. I just keep the door shut to the room my tent is in. Lol

This is my thought process. I mean, yes it is a "waste" if the CO2 is seeping out of holes and not exactly 1500ppm's etc etc, but I think it's looked at too dramatically for efficiency. Yes, if I'm being efficient then do "all the things" sure...I just think increasing the PPM's some is better than increasing them none. It would take a heck of a lot to get me to think otherwise.

CO2 is the cake to the fat kid. If you're giving constant cake, you get constant fat, but if you give a bit more cake than the normal intake of cake, you're bound to have a fatter kid, than the one just eating the normal uptake.

Just seems worth it for $25 every 2 weeks or so, to fill a tank and give it a shot. If I'm running average of 600ppms all the time, then why wouldn't dumping in 1500ppms here and there during lights off help somehow?

I'm at about double Techrons investment, personally. ;) And it will continue to rise, hah.

it's not just the cost that stops me from doing CO2 enrichment, but the fuss, like having to change tanks and before that sealing all that room tightly and add to it the cost, if i wanted more bud, i would rather add another light JMO

it's not just the cost that stops me from doing CO2 enrichment, but the fuss, like having to change tanks and before that sealing all that room tightly and add to it the cost, if i wanted more bud, i would rather add another light JMO

I do not need anymore light in my space 1200 watts between two cooled hoods in my 4x4 seems to be plenty. If anything, maybe some UVB.
Would just like to bulk up the ones in there more, and figured a little CO2 would help.

Also, you only have to tighten things up if you're worried about too much PPM's of CO2 leaving the tent. Like HighBrix mentioned, it just leaks into the room outside of the tents which is fully sealed, and the passive intakes will pull some of it right back in. It's gotta be better having higher PPM's than just normal ppm's. Also, I only want to run it in flower anyways. I would run it from week 0 - week 7-8 I think.

Either way, no matter how much I think of this.. everytime I get ready to pull the trigger on anything, I end up deciding to just do it when I reinvent my room. :D

tell me about reinventing my room, jeez, just when i thought that i had the perfect growroom built, i realized that it would have been way better to have the flowering on the other side and vegging vice verse! lol one stupid idea of making an oversized soundproof venting shaft. i guess that i will live many many grows with my current situation i don't know if i will ever do that and turn the whole place upside down. point is, there is always a justification for demolishing and rebuilding from zero. anyway what i meant with more light, was more light and space, like i would make one more flowering space with one more light instead of investing in co2, but thats just me

Oh cool, I see what you mean now. Yeah, I have no more space, so CO2 was my next thought hah :)

I've changed around a flowering tent and the veg tent before, so that both my flowering would be 4.5' x 4.5' and the 4 x 4 was the veg. Total pain in the bum!

DGF, running co2 in veg cuts down veg time dramatically. I do it. You can almost watch them grow right before your eyes. They get there fast! To me it's worth it. Veg 4 weeks and get 6-8 week results for 50 bucks! I think so, we'd spend it on nutrients if they performed like that, so why not?

I have an excellent "why not" for you, sir Brix... I do NOT want to speed up my veg tent!! lol. It's always a jungle in there, and I always have something ready to go into one of my two flowering spaces. Certainly, if anything, I'm always trying to SLOW DOWN my veg station!! hahhah :)

Thanks for your comments my friend! :aok:

My thinking is the less time in veg, less work, less electricity, less water, less nutes. More time for other things, like tending to the flowering plants! Enjoying life. But hey, to each his own!

LOL--the problem is what do you do with them when they get too big in veg and you still have flowers flowering in the flowering tent--no way to speed that up. And no way to keep the vegging plants in stasis until you can get them into the flowering tents. For those with separate tents, it works out well for the plants to veg 8 weeks or so.

I cut stuff back and tie it down. If you check pics / read, in detail, some of my previous journals.. you'll have seen jungles I've grown and weed wacked, all just to keep em and slow em down. It's a fun, and entertaining process, but surely getting some type of proper schedule down pact would be optimal!

I generally top/FIM / super crop / maaaajor LST things to buy weeks of time. After they recover they have more nodes and are even shorting, now buying me more time. I'm saying all this for no reason though, I'm sure, lol!! I'm speaking to a grand master!!!

I feel "rough" inside (only way to describe it) when I give my thoughts and experiences... to people so much more knowledgeable and experienced than I. I feel as though, I type it all out and should delete my thoughts, out of respect to people like you THG.. and PJ, and Duck and Rose and all you decade + growers.

I just want you all to know I respect you highly, and may come off opinionated or at least just have joy in sharing my personal experiences. :D

Ok, off to smoke one.

lol you can definitely slow them down. i had a mother grow for years giving me clones before i decided to let her go. i kept her for months growing very slowly under a small cfl, and just chopping and branches that were not getting light and trimmed roots transplanted into small pots. there was a whole chapter in the old OG faq about bonsai mothers, and it worked perfectly for me. i also considered grafting 2 or more strains on one plant, which i might one day do if i got my hands on several great strains

It all comes down to proper planning, if you time it correctly the veg may have to be tamed for a week or so but in with the new, out with the old. I've never had an issue with having to tame plants. Always on time with the end of flowering, and flipping veg into flower. It just takes a little experience and knowing your strains!

Latest posts

Back