i cant believe this stuff!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokeup1

Reaction score
hello peeps..i live in kentucky..and guess what i just found out...my buddy was growing 4 gorgous white widows..they were two weeks from harvest today when around 6am this morning he gets some loud *** knocks on his door..he gets up to see who it is and bam!! DEA AND KENTUCKY STATE POLICE!! they told him they had a search warrant and so he let them in..next thing he knows he is being led out his front door in handcuffs..after being read his rights...HE NEVER TOLD A DAMN SOUL!! so..i bet your wondering..how they hell did he get caught right?....well after he spoke to his lawyer his lawyer told him that it was the electric company that called the law..as i understand it now..our electrical companies here in ky are now told to moniter the electric usage and report to athorities any SUSPICION OF ILLIGAL ACTIVITY..so now they have become a nark for the DEA AND KENTUCKY STATE POLICE....so as i tell you all this im wondering..what kind of lighting can i use now for my two plants? i damn sure aint useing no MH OR HPS thats for damn sure

What was his grow conditions? If he was stealing electricity could be a problem for him, if he sold to the wrong person and they got busted they could have snitched even if they didnt know about the grow they could have busted in for selling and just happened to find the grow.

With this election year comming to an end the Obama Administration is pounding down as hard as they can right now to get more stats in for the election. If you're affiliated close with your friend I would lay low for a while as cops sometimes will watch your buddy's friends and try and get more people in his ring of friends. I would just watch the neighborhood for cars that aren't normally around and if there is anyone in them. Not tryin to scare you just to make you aware if you werent before.

This isnt related to mj busts but when my father fell and got hurt at work they tried fighting his workers comp and we took them to court. the company put spotters in out neighbor hood that would watch our house 24/7. They even went as far and followed us from Florida to West Virginia for a funeral. They sat in a car 4 houses down and watched us for 8-9months.

There are also helicopers that have IR cameras to see the heat signatures coming off of the lights so if he had a few of lights goin on in a weird pattern somewhere a light normally wouldnt be then they may have picked up on it.

I have an inground pool so the pump will suck power like crazy when it's on I've just cut back on how long I run the pump to offset my light usage when I get fully up and running. Do what you can to save energy anywhere in your home so you can allow more energy use on your set up.

All the people in Ky need to get some 1kw hids and put in their houses without anything else anywhere near the house so that after a few months of the police running around knocking down doors for nothing, and spending a lot of money doing it, the judges will quit giving warrants for it :)

I wonder how many doors they knocked on that the occupants had tanning beds and a hot tub out back.

wow that sucks hope that they are not doing that here in colorado, i think it would be pretty hard to spot any irregularities in usage when they monitor so many houses and anything can affect useage

Hushpuppy- Great idea.

We fought this in Richmond, BC- and won for about 6 months. BCHydro has been ratting people out for several years now. To make it even easier they are installing smart meters.

One of the reasons we are trying to buy a house is to get off the grid. And my hubby will be insulating roof to protect us from the fly-bys. And first priority is to generate all plant related activity without the local power company.

There are new forms of solar technology coming out all the time - and a new form of storage battery being developed by an MIT prof and some of his students that looks really, really promising.

Check out this TED talk on it:
http://on.ted.com/Sadoway

I call **. I highly doubt any elec company is going to call the DEA over an increase of 9 amps in daily use.

That's my thinking Hal. It seems like that would have a lot of people getting their doors knocked in for having a space heater and a hair dryer going at the same time. There are too many things that can affect the electrical usage to the level of a few thousand watts in a month. It might seem like a lot to have 2 1kw lights going along with another 500watts (max) for fans,etc. But it really isn't that much. Not to mention the fact that the power companies wouldn't want to discourage good paying customers from using what they need as long as they pay the bill every month. :)

NorCalHal said:
I call **. I highly doubt any elec company is going to call the DEA over an increase of 9 amps in daily use.

:yeahthat:

I agree with Hal...whenever we hear stories like this they always go back to the underlying point of someone stealing electric. I highly doubt they went knocking on all the doors that would fit the scenario of someone using a lil more electric at times but paying their electric bill. jmo

I'm with NCH--I call bull. There are simply way way too may legitimate reasons why electricity usage could go up. A hot tub will take far more electricity than a small grow. Shoot, having guests for a couple of weeks and increased laundry, dishes, and showers will increase someone's power bill as much or more than a 400W HPS. The DEA is simply not interested in small grows. Even if you are in KY, the cops still need probably cause to get a warrant. There is more going on here than you are being told. You knew your buddy was growing, others did too, or he made some other kind of stupid mistake. Do you have any kind of idea what it would take to monitor millions and millions of customers and then have the cops running around checking out anyone with what they deemed higher electric usage. It is just not feasible or logical. It is the same with people worrying about the helicopters with IR. They are pretty much targeting large grows. Smaller closet or tent grows could be anything from an oven to a space heater to a dryer.

A HPS is going to require less watts than CFLs.

It wouldn't make sense for an electric company to call the cops on someone using more electricity. Wouldn't that just mean more money for them? You would think they would like for people to use more electricity, even if it is for growing MJ.

something rotten in Denmark ...er...I mean "anywhere, usa" .....

If you would like to see the rules used by where we used to live check out this .pdf

hxxp://www.richmond.ca/__shared/assets/4_Electrical_and_Fire_CO_02250819861.pdf

tokeup1 said:
hello peeps..i live in kentucky..and guess what i just found out...my buddy was growing 4 gorgous white widows..they were two weeks from harvest today when around 6am this morning he gets some loud *** knocks on his door..he gets up to see who it is and bam!! DEA AND KENTUCKY STATE POLICE!! they told him they had a search warrant and so he let them in..next thing he knows he is being led out his front door in handcuffs..after being read his rights...HE NEVER TOLD A DAMN SOUL!! so..i bet your wondering..how they hell did he get caught right?....well after he spoke to his lawyer his lawyer told him that it was the electric company that called the law..as i understand it now..our electrical companies here in ky are now told to moniter the electric usage and report to athorities any SUSPICION OF ILLIGAL ACTIVITY..so now they have become a nark for the DEA AND KENTUCKY STATE POLICE....so as i tell you all this im wondering..what kind of lighting can i use now for my two plants? i damn sure aint useing no MH OR HPS thats for damn sure

First, I want to know, DO YOU HAVE A SMART METER??? If you do, get rid of it!!
Tons of info on this.. 2nd if you do have one, and told no one, I read a while back, they were busting house after house in Florida near a buddys home. Small growers. Just a few plants. The story came back that the VERY SMART METERS would FLAG your home when TIMERS and corresponding USAGE, 12 on, 12 off, your FLAGGED. These meters are way too SMART and physically too dangerous for my health and home . I don't even grow indoors. Never dare grow indoors w/SMART meter. I believe they can tell, when you get up, go to bed, open fridge door, etc., etc., the more you READ about these, the scarier it gets.

The problem where I live is that the smart meters are already installed. The power company will disconect but will also add a $10.00 per month fee to your electric bill due to the fact that someone must manually read your meter. Also in the county where I live only 200 customers have requested manual meters which in its self causes a red flag to pop up.
BIG BRO, is closing in...............

Maybe its time to grow some vegies under artifical light just to test the system in court.

Newbietoo said:
First, I want to know, DO YOU HAVE A SMART METER??? If you do, get rid of it!!
Tons of info on this.. 2nd if you do have one, and told no one, I read a while back, they were busting house after house in Florida near a buddys home. Small growers. Just a few plants. The story came back that the VERY SMART METERS would FLAG your home when TIMERS and corresponding USAGE, 12 on, 12 off, your FLAGGED. These meters are way too SMART and physically too dangerous for my health and home . I don't even grow indoors. Never dare grow indoors w/SMART meter. I believe they can tell, when you get up, go to bed, open fridge door, etc., etc., the more you READ about these, the scarier it gets.

Man you just saved me a TON Newbietoo! Made me sweat a little too.... here in FL I called our company and they said they disconnected it... yet when we turn our pool pump on an LED light turns red for a few mins then green again so I'm not sure what all is going on with it.

Can I just hire an electrician to take it out physically or is the smart meter tied into the main meter box? If you wouldnt mind, PM me a link so I can read up more on these nasty things...

good god this is disgusting....why would power companies turn down legitimate customers that are using extra power...?? It just doesnt make sense unless the FEDS themselves are leaning on power compaies to install these...

you guys keep yer heads down and in the game, k?

The Silver Bullet Special said:
Man you just saved me a TON Newbietoo! Made me sweat a little too.... here in FL I called our company and they said they disconnected it... yet when we turn our pool pump on an LED light turns red for a few mins then green again so I'm not sure what all is going on with it.

Can I just hire an electrician to take it out physically or is the smart meter tied into the main meter box? If you wouldnt mind, PM me a link so I can read up more on these nasty things...

Try this link. If it doesn't work, google "you tube smart meters" and it's the first video with white-haired man with glasses. 4.33 minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JNFr_j6kdI

There is little doubt these meters know EVERY elect. Move you make. The question is , would they release this info????

WHY would anyone risk this when you can eliminate or stop it from ever being installed.There is tons more info.. Goggle SMART METERS

sticky u-tube??? Many people would appreciate it, (I M O).

Latest posts

Back