i cant believe this stuff!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NorCalHal said:
I call **. I highly doubt any elec company is going to call the DEA over an increase of 9 amps in daily use.

I agree. Theres no way a judge is going to risk his job handing out warrants to raid houses that have high electric bills. It is a lawsuit waiting to happen when they raid a house and they have a lot of normal items that consume a lot of energy such as air conditioners. HPS and MH ballast do not take that much energy for someone to suspect a grow op unless you had 3 or 4 of them running. I have dealt with the law many times in my past and have been raided and doubt a warrant would be issued over a HUNCH from an electric supplier. Police, judge nor the electric company knows what appliances you use in your household or if your the type of person that leaves every light on in the house when no needed.

Theres one installed on my home, not sure how I can stop the dang thing.. or if i can get them to replace it. This has me a little worried and wondering if I should pop a solar circuit up to run a 1200W grow off the grid... I wonder if grid tie inverters would mess with the readout of these meters if you produce more electricity(from solar) than you use the power company has to send you a check.

It's not how much power I'm using that has me concerned it's the 12/12 light flipping at the exact time every day that has me wondering about these meters.

everyone watch that video that was linked on youtube its freaking crazy. I had a smart meter on a previous place i lived but the house i am in now does not have one and will not have one as long as i live here. they can take that meter and shove it.

ITS NOT THE SPIKES, it overall useage that would be of suspect. And be it analog or digital, the only way they will "find" you is if you have been ratted out by someone in the know or a nosy neighbor or something along those lines.

The power companies do not have the time to monitor smart meters like that, but if they are subpoenaed by LEO then of course they have to roll over.

Again dont steal power, don't tell ANYONE about growing and make sure your odor control is dialed in and you should be golden. Oh here's one more for the ages, "Don't be greedy."

They have to suspect you of growing (with probable cause) before they can get a judge to sign-off on a warrant and if they already suspect you, smartmeter or not, they will be coming after you.

I can grow a full pound and a quarter off of one harvest under one 1kwhps(12/12@70days to harvest), and a 400 watt MH (for bigger veg 24/7)and a 3x40watt old Boeing surplus office light (for clones and young rooted cuttings, 24/7) retroed with grolux lamps and my bill at the most comes to 200$ during the winter months. Excessive bloom lights are unneccesary if you know how to utilize what you have, that or you're just a commercial endeavor and if busted could never use the MMJ excuse.

sasnak said:
The problem where I live is that the smart meters are already installed. The power company will disconect but will also add a $10.00 per month fee to your electric bill due to the fact that someone must manually read your meter. Also in the county where I live only 200 customers have requested manual meters which in its self causes a red flag to pop up.
BIG BRO, is closing in...............

Maybe its time to grow some vegies under artifical light just to test the system in court.

many,many people are fighting SMART METERS for the health risk alone...
good luck

7greeneyes said:
ITS NOT THE SPIKES, it overall useage that would be of suspect. And be it analog or digital, the only way they will "find" you is if you have been ratted out by someone in the know or a nosy neighbor or something along those lines.

The power companies do not have the time to monitor smart meters like that, but if they are subpoenaed by LEO then of course they have to roll over.

Again dont steal power, don't tell ANYONE about growing and make sure your odor control is dialed in and you should be golden. Oh here's one more for the ages, "Don't be greedy."

They have to suspect you of growing (with proabably cause) before they can get a judge to sign-off on a warrant and if they already suspect you, smartmeter or not, they will be coming after you.

I can grow a full pound and a quarter off of one harvest under one 1kwhps(12/12@70days to harvest), and a 400 watt MH (for bigger veg 24/7)and a 3x40watt old Boeing surplus office light (for clones and young rooted cuttings, 24/7) retroed with grolux lamps and my bill at the most comes to 200$ during the winter months. Excessive bloom lights are unneccesary if you know how to utilize what you have, that or you're just a commercial
if you are using a 400w light,the smart meter knows it.please watch video and READ more on this.

endeavor and if busted could never use the MMJ excuse.

if you're using a 400w light,the smart meter (power co.) knows it.see video-READ more.

yeah but those spikes are not being monitored. Did you not read what I typed...they have to suspect you first of growing, there's no roving eye going over the details of your TOU records. It's ludicrous and not cost effective, I don't need see a video to know that...

you should edit that anyway...no livelinks here....

edit: just watched it.....again read what I typed...he said nothing that goes against what i've posted.

And they could do the same usage monitoring with the old style of elec. meter too, they just have a guy(or woman) come out and record the hours for the power company, thusly LEO (again, if they already suspect you, you're screwed anyway)

read more...thats a good suggestion...

They only see that something in the home is running 400W whether it's a space heater or an oven on slow roast for hours. If I'm reading right? So I feel a little bit better. I still think I may persue the solar route after a few months/year. I like my projects lol. Yeah there has to be some sort of cause for them to even look... There is 3 million people in 25 mile radius of me I doubt the power ompany will pay people to sit and see how many people are flagged (which is probably half my area and medical patients with equipment that sucks power to keep them alive).

Yes, I agree they may have maybe one strike on you (SUSPICION). Now can readily I D. Your light program. or maybe they just have a list forwarded of all 12/12 users. or maybe ITS JUST STUPID to allow this on your home. I M O
they know when my sweepea uses her vibe and how long it takes her to get off..
can i say that??

Newbietoo,
don't get me wrong here bud, I'm with you, the less monitoring of ppl the better, so I completely agree with you on your main point, bud.

I completely agree with you regarding the fact that our freedoms are being impinged upon.

Now if THEIR eye lands on you in the first place, that's in YOUR court, not theirs.

7greeneyes said:
Newbietoo,
don't get me wrong here bud, I'm with you, the less monitoring of ppl the better, so I completely agree with you on your main point, bud.

I completely agree with you regarding the fact that our freedoms are being impinged upon.

Now if THEIR eye lands on you in the first place, that's in YOUR court, not theirs.

cool,sorry,blood press.rises way to easy these days...thanks

Usage boosts during the day when heat and a/c are turned higher. In fact nights many do not use their a/c unless there is a hot spell. That automatically means there are things that are going to be going 12 to 18 hours and things that won't (on the same time schedule as my plants roughly). Might make it hard to pinpoint on a tent or small closet grow seems to me.

imo,if you use a timer for 12/12,18/12,there is NOTHING,nothing in your residence to MATCH this.these meters can probably identify most every app. in your home.there was an article in florida papers about the connection between the many ,then recent raids and smart meters connection.wish i could find.i agree W/ 7 G Es in the point that the police would use MORE than 1 factor before obtaining a warrant.i think imo,many of us have ALREADY one strike,meaning in some way there has been a single report (rat) that we MAY be growing.this percentige may be quite high.DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THESE METERS or not its your freedom.do i believe these meters can tell the difference between a 400W HPS and an ac unit???be silly to think otherwise imo

What bothers me is the 1watt radio in the dang thing.... When I went to school to be certified in networking if a wireless router was amped up to 1W on it's wireless antenna then you'd be able to pick it up miles away given it was at night and not as much interference... If I could figure out the fq it uses I would just put something next to it to mess up the signal(just like a microwave messes up a phone call or your wireless internet because a microwave uses the same fq).

The Silver Bullet Special said:
... If I could figure out the fq it uses I would just put something next to it to mess up the signal(just like a microwave messes up a phone call or your wireless internet because a microwave uses the same fq).
But then, someone from the utility shows up to inspect the meter. Do you really want some stranger showing up asking a bunch of questions?

I have had a smart meter for 4 years, i havent touched my timers in 2-3 years, everyday same time on and off. I dont know the laws where you guys are from but having a thousand watts coming on and going off at the same time everyday does not equal probable cause. jmo

dman1234 said:
I have had a smart meter for 4 years, i havent touched my timers in 2-3 years, everyday same time on and off. I dont know the laws where you guys are from but having a thousand watts coming on and going off at the same time everyday does not equal probable cause. jmo

you may not be on the hit list YET,but i would bet ALOT the power co. knows and couldn't wait to get it off MY house..J M O

what is is they know? that somthing comes on and goes off that uses over 1000 watts? i dont see what they can do with that, it could be a million things couldnt it, power companies are as greedy as every other large company, if i pay my bill and on time, i am a good customer and thats all they care about.

Smart meters are here to stay and no matter what excuse you might use to opt out of having one you could cause undo suspicion just by making such a request.
I don't think that the power company really cares how much electricity you are using when or for what, as long as you are paying your bill.
Probable Cause, requires the LEO's to first go to a judge for permission to look at your electrical records, much the same as a wire tap order which must be obtained prior to listening in on phone conversations.
Tell nobody what you are doing & stay out of trouble
This is a great forum, I have learned much just by reading posts from friendly people who know what they are talking about.
Thanks and be safe....

I find this crazy..I've had a smart meter for 5 plus..more then 2 k..and if the police started raiding every body that had a cpl k..would be a whole lot of work for mostly probation and idk if this was adressed but ir can't see thru ur house they are looking for exaust..don't get it twisted I seen a yr ago the goverment has x ray vans I would find a link but I'm lazy. And don't Forget they about to start using drones ..a hell of a lot sneakier and cheaper then helicopters

Latest posts

Back