I found a male, now what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dammit! ... i think i found another one... this one looks different though, what can i do with a hemaphro? i think my plant just basically screwed it self... will it polenate itself? i'll post a pic later

HippyInEngland said:
A hermaphrodite, or hermie, is a plant of one sex that develops the sexual organs of the other sex. Most commonly, a flowering female plant will develop staminate flowers, though the reverse is also true. Primarily male hermaphrodites are not as well recognised only because few growers let their males reach a point of flowering where the pistillate would be expressed.

Hermaphrodites are generally viewed with disfavour. First, they will release pollen and ruin a sinsemelia crop, pollinating themselves and all of the other females in the room. Second, the resulting seeds are worthless, because hermaphrodite parents tend to pass on the tendency to their offspring.

Please note that occassionally specious staminate flowers will appear in the last days of flowering of a female plant. These do not drop pollen and their appearance is not considered evidence of deleterious hermaphroditism.

? answered :) thanks HIE...

FourTwenty said:
But all joking aside lol :D

The Chosen One Males do not have seeds

They have pollen sacks that open up and pollinate female flowers (buds)

Which produce's seed in female Flowers (buds).

woops never had a male before thats y
and i hardly read about male plants ha

TheChosenOne said:
oh yes i dont have many friends:ignore: i thought males would be the ones making the seeds
sucks to be me ha

Hey The chosen one...well now you know...and you Have Made another friend:) ..Hope to see ya around the boards until then...

Take care and be safe

Latest posts

Back