I found an outdoor grow while deer hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffin Afatty

Reaction score
:D

Now that the legal issue is resolved, I can tell a great tale...

back in the end of august, I was scouting for deer hunting and I came upon someones grow on my land, in my favorite buck-swamp...The grower had planted 15-16 plants on a high spot in the middle of the swamp...when I spoted them, they were already 6-7 feet tall, very bushy and well budded, but about 3-4 weeks from ripe and I left em alone...I thought about taking a sample, but they were just too young..

I came back often over the next few weeks, pissing on those plants every time and always in the dark with my trusty night vison...the plants were thriving and noone seemed to be tending them...the swamp comes within 100yards of my private dirt road, so I figgered the grower would use the road to access the plants come harvest...I chained the gate !!! I know that seemed mean, but I was just trying to find out who was using my land, knowing they would have to park at the gate and walk 1/2 mile in and I would have a chance to spot them...

Then I did an amazingly STUPID thing, even for me(not known to be the brightest bulb in the string of christmas tree lights)...My old lady asked me why I chained the gate??? I told my old lady I thought someone was trying to dump crap back in the swamp and to watch for any strange vehicles out by the gate... normally, you wouldnt think it strange to tell your old lady, but I knew better, and she became suspicious...

So what you say?? Well, my old lady has a brother, the local sheriff, and WITHOUT ME KNOWING she tells him that I am worried about someone dumping out in my swamp, so he comes over all cop-like to check into it...He goes down the road, spots the trail across the swamp and follows it to the plants...
Last year, he had been given some kinda grant from the feds and got all this remote surveilance equipment for catching growers and had been itching to try it out for some time...Now he had the chance!!! He sets up remote cameras with infra red imaging and all that and stakes out my swamp...

Remember, I dont know anything about this and I keep right on checking the plants and watching the road from my porch...about a week or so later, I go down to the swamp with my night vision and see someone moving thru the woods next to the road, so I back out and go to the gate to see who it is...

I find the sheriff and 4-5 deputies, and a local teenager, with a truckload full of beautiful plants...The kid is saying he found em growing there...My bro-in-law thinks I was involved, takes me with the kid to the county and questions me for possible complicity or some such...
I got to see myself on the videos sneaking up with night vision, smelling the buds and then pissin around the plants, oh joy!!

It took my lawyer and several thousand $$ to get me off the hook...I do think having my wife instigate the issue and then my Brother in-law being the senior arresting officer helped my credibility...In the end, the judge, the prosecutor, and my Brother in-law thought it all a hilarious joke...I think they knew I wasnt involved and were just yanking my chain...Really got me angry when they said I couldnt sue them for my legal fees...

I wasnt laughing at all and I coulda used that $$ to better ends...to make matter even worse, I get to have a family dinner with them all on New Years Eve, oh joy, oh joy!!! My bro in-law suggested I dress like a hippy, sheesh...

BTW, the kid was a juvenile and the prosecutor didnt even bother to file charges against him because they had me...lol...

Ya think I ought to ask my bro in-law if I could at least have the weed??? :hubba:

HAPPY NEW YEARS AND A MERRY HOLIDAY TO EVERYONE!!!!!

:joint:

o man what id give to see thoes video tapes lol of u creepin around in night vishon lol and smellin the buds sounds like somethin that would happen in the movies our somethin,,i take it u dont grow? cause im shure they would have found ur grow and then ud prolly be in trouble for real ,,and im shure that u wont be havein a grow no time soon since ur brother inlaw will prolly be snoopin around for some time to come so this hole story sounds pretty funny to me ,,the kid falls on ur land and starts a grow ,u find the grow ,u scout the grow out ,u piss on the grow lol,and now ur hear tellin the story ,,while the copers are smokin all the weed lol,,and u cant even have a grow lol ,,i feel for u

Tom-tom, I do grow, only I grow indoors, about 3/4-1/2 mile from the swamp as the raven flies...Noone but me knows about the shed grow...the Old lady suspects, but doesnt verbalize her suspicion for fear of shutting down her supplier...lol
My bro in-law even knows we get high...he's known me for 35 years, and his sister for longer...we used to get high in college together, but him being into criminal justice stuff we dont anymore, alas...
In retrospect, short-sighted as it may be, I should have sampled those plants, the day before he put up the cameras...lol
:ccc:

Man!!! that was the crumbiest story i ever heard!!!!!
For one if they are on your property you have every right to take em all.
Two, I woulda been ticked at my ole lady for gettin her bro involved without talking to you.
and at that party...I would tell em all they owe you some bucks for the trouble when they KNEW that you weren't involved.
I'd be passing that hat and say there better be a couple a grand in it when i get it back.

Ugh....thats a bunch of crap!!!!

Mutt said:
Man!!! that was the crumbiest story i ever heard!!!!!
For one if they are on your property you have every right to take em all.
Two, I woulda been ticked at my ole lady for gettin her bro involved without talking to you.
and at that party...I would tell em all they owe you some bucks for the trouble when they KNEW that you weren't involved.
I'd be passing that hat and say there better be a couple a grand in it when i get it back.

Ugh....thats a bunch of crap!!!!
i'm 200% with mutt on this one. i wouldn't be able to be in the same room with the bro in law...i'd have to have compensation for all that crap!!!

yeah, I know how you feel, (Mutt and Octobong) but bro in-law is family, it's only money...I'll make it back...I'm mad as hell, but the bottom line is that he's my old lady's older bro and that makes it very complicated...I must be very careful how I react...New Years is gonna be a party, NOT !!!

Man I'm gonna be telling that story to my children, and my childrens children hahah, im just glad you got out of it without any inprisonment man, thats a real chaotic twist of cirucumstances, some what like a well played nightmare!

thanks Ak !!

it's a very small county, population wise, I was a baaaaad boy about 20 yrs ago, soooo I'm a little extra careful nowadays...I probably would have gotten out of it without the lawyer (aka $$) but I had way too much to lose, his insider move was worth it for sure...

you shoulda heard em talking, I wish I had taped it ..." this can all go away, IF WE play it right"...wink wink...sheesh, it's all a big game to them, and they are the only ones getting paid for it...

well i hope all stays ok with ur outher grows ur lucky they did not converger on ur hause and find the grow in the shed then they would not have belived u and realy thought u was growin the outdoor plants 2 ..

my shed is fine, very well concealed...I'm cool with having the 1 plant, here it's only a minor misdemeanor for growing less than 10...no one ever comes close enuf to find the shed, not even family...but hey, bro in-law coulda been a real prick about it and actually arrested me...as it were, the lawyers got together and kept it all under the table, without charging anyone...
If it werent for the $$, I'd feel lucky...now I'm just angry....

Latest posts

Back