I Lost a Companion Today

• Thread starter The Hemp Goddess
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel your sadness THG.

Accidents happen.

You have to look at it as you were the privileged one to share YOUR life with Stella, not the other way round :)

I had to have my Doberman of 13 years put to sleep, she stared into my eyes as she went, it was agony to see her look into my eyes with trust as I knew I was letting her life pass, still brings a tear to my eye.

:peace:

Hemp........wow... I don't even know what to say cause it wouldn't be enough..
Sorry for your loss and deepest sympothy...

Sorry for your loss, but on the brighter side, you're surrounded by friends who care.

So sorrry for your loss THG. You were the first to welcome me here to MP after my intro and I will keep you in my thoughts to the universe today. May you be blessed with the peace and comfort you desire. Find a way to smile when you feel down.

Deepest sympathies, wishing you peace..

So sorry to hear it THG, losing a family member is always tough. And yes animals are family too.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss THG. I was miserable for months when I had to put my best friend down - I can't even imagine the pain of losing your buddy suddenly.

my sorrows to you

thankful while she was here; now it's our burden to miss her

for your loss. I have lost 3 dogs in my life, two of which we euthanized due to age and health. I am virtually homebound due due paralysis(sp) so my dogs are very close to me. Just remember and smile.

THG- I wanted to post this for you the other night but my IE was giving me fits. I hope you're ok.

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I'm really sad to hear of your loss, you must have been looking forward to more years together. With each dog comes happiness and at the end, sadness, but joy in a life well lived with a trusted friend.

so sorry thg to hear of your loss i have recurring nightmares about my dog dying and its only 17 months old

just glad i stopped smokin weed and havnt had a nightmare since btw.

anyway as my doggie is a terrier and a small dog by all accounts but it/i annoyed my wife and daughter when someone with a big 70kg+ mastiff cross dog came upto my little doggie straining at its lead in a ferocious manner and the owner stating its ok it wont bite your dog to which i replied get your dog away cos if it gets my dog ill ******* hack its head off with a machete and ******* eat its head..

apologies for my language but you get pretty defensesive over your dog.

uk420maan

I am sorry for you THG, I myself have faced the loss of a couple faithful friends to the road in the past few years......

Deepest Sympathies.

wow i'm sorry to hear this, as a dog lover myself i know how this feels

My heart goes out to you Goddess. Stella looked like a real sweety.

Latest posts

Back