I missed out on trying G13 last night.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Bourbon

Guitar pickin' man
Reaction score
Was at a party last night at a band mate's apartment and these guys were talking about smoking, and my ears perked up. I came over and asked what's up and the guy said he had some G13 on him, his girlfriend's parents do home-grows and order seeds online, so it was the real deal. Said it was a one-hit knocout, and I remembered seeing the name of that strain mentioned here with pleasant results, so I was eager to try it out. We headed outside to go out to the guy's car and toke one up, we look across the street and the cops are there, across the street parked facing the apartment. We freaked, thought about running back inside, but thought better of it and lit up cigarettes instead, talked for a while, dropped the smokes and dumped the G13 out onto the ground and walked back inside. I was bummed. :(

Turns out the cops weren't even the slightest bit interested in us. They were running radar because a few minutes later, they went zipping after some guy. :p

We thought about looking for the weed, but it was dark and we were kinda rattled and said forget it. But then I left the party, came back and did a few grav hits of this nasty outdoor creepweed I got with a friend and then we headed out to the bar to laugh at people. So all's well that ends well I guess. :D

So what is the high like on G13? I'm curious to what I missed out on. I'm gonna try to get ahold of this guy again and try it out. I got to open the bag up and take a look at it and smell it. It smelled like weed, but completely different from anything I've smoked. Had a sweet flavor to it.

i LoVE g13

its was when i had it a piney taste and got me higher than a kite.. it was a high sorta like do nething u wanted and be ripped...

G-13 is a strain of Cannabis that is the subject of many urban legends.
Fact: This strain (originally a single clone) was probably of Afghani origin, and provided a very potent smoke.
Fiction: According to one fanciful account, the CIA, FBI, and other agencies procured the best strains of marijuana from breeders all over the world. At an installation at the University of Mississippi, they bred many new hybrids. Putting these together, they created a strain that was more powerfully intoxicating than any of the original hybrids.
Fact: Although Cannabis researchers at "Ole Miss" assembled a world class Cannabis collection during the late 1960's and early 1970's, there is no evidence that these researchers were ever involved in breeding high quality marijuana.[1] The standard drug strain that is available to qualified researchers in the U.S.A. was originally from Mexico.
Fiction: Apocryphally, G-13 contains 28% THC by weight, about double the average percentage in most high-grade sinsemilla grown commercially. It has been claimed that some strains of marijuana grown in Amsterdam have met or surpassed this percentage, but accurate, verified results have not been produced.
Fact: Cannabis researchers identify G-13 as an Afghani "indica" (or 'Afghanica') cultivar, high in THC (though not as high as the 'apocryphal' estimate above).
Reports of THC/cannabinoid content exceeding 20% are invariably from sellers of Cannabis or Cannabis seeds, or from anti-Cannabis crusaders.
Reliable testing has placed the most potent examples of Cannabis plant matter ever tested at around 18% or 19% (based on Dutch government testing of medicinal grade Cannabis)
Unsubstantiated Rumors: Allegedly, a single cutting of this potent strain was "liberated" from the government facility in Mississippi [2]. Other rumors say G-13 was developed by the University of Washington's Cannabis testing facility for medical testing during the 1970s, but this too has not been verified.
In the early 90's, the name G-13 was said to have come from the number of [backcross] generations it took to produce an almost perfect plant - however, this view has absolutely no basis in reality.
The name G-13 is more likely to be derived from the term Government Marijuana, the 13 used as M is the thirteenth letter of the alphabet.
The most common story about the naming of G-13 is that it was stolen from 'grow-room 13' and simply retained its lab ID code.
Another fantasy-based rumour is that the name 'G-13' derives from the 'genotype' having been created to express 'the 13 most desirable qualities'. Again, this is just idle (and poorly thought out) rumour.
Some seed banks (which are very unlikely to have genetic material from the original clone) describe this strain as the highest THC content ever. Other seed banks that are known to have actually worked with the clone since the mid-Eighties describe it as one of the strongest "indicas" ever discovered.

commpliements from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-13

**** man unlucky, i used to know a guy who grew g-13 all the time, it was heavy stuff lol..

Jim Bourbon said:
his girlfriend's parents do home-grows and order seeds online, so it was the real deal.

i hate to point this out....but true uncrossed G13 seeds are NOT available anywhere...this is strictly a clone based product

its possible that your pal either a) was lied to or b) had a cross

anyway....if it had been a cross, i am certain it would have a great stone

real G13 (grown from clone) is VERY potent...will knock a seasoned smoker into narcotic head spinning stones....a definite must try if you can get your hands on it

the buds are VERY heavy and will need staking to hold them up when you get close to harvest....i found the finished product to be very dark in comparison to other pots...almost a brown tinge

maybe you can go back now that its light and find that lost bud? ;)

heres a few shots of Quadra Island G13 ladies just before harvest

G13-020 (Medium).jpg

G13- 022 (Medium).jpg

G13  Dried 026.jpg

Wow, from clone only huh...

WHy is it unstable in seeds? Can't ya just hermie one of them with some acid and make seeds from it's genes? Or are the traits in the genes so unstable that it would just result in retarded plant

i LoVE g13

its was when i had it a piney taste and got me higher than a kite.. it was a high sorta like do nething u wanted and be ripped...

G-13 is a strain of Cannabis that is the subject of many urban legends.
Fact: This strain (originally a single clone) was probably of Afghani origin, and provided a very potent smoke.

Latest posts

Back