I need help for sure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baggervance

Reaction score
I am a total new guy. I been looking around the web for few months loined a few forums read all I could this is my first post on a forum. I am a little old I guess im 40ish. I wish I found the forums sooner. I think I made some mistakes I have ordered A 1000 watt hps grow light it may be to big. I also ordered some buuba kush fem. seeds for Dr,green thumb paid to much but i was nervous and didnt know where to go. I have since ordered some ak-48 from nirvanna. As far as nutreints I ordered some fox farms stuff that the guy on the phone recomended. The seeds are they any good? I know nothing! I have gotten started on my grow room and am looking for my order this week I hope. Im still nervous that I will get ripped off. If anyone is willing to help an old new guy Thanks to you. Im in the US and I guess im pretty handy I can wire plumb do my on fabiing if need be and i have an idea of what to do. This is just a hobby for me I dont smoke. I am also a am. moonshiner I built my on whiskey still from scratgh.

Wow. Well I typed alot, hit Reply and got the busy server message and lost it all.
But Welcome around. I looked up the THC levels from this one site that shows what you will be getting. Didnt see Buuba Kush. But the other Kush's listed were all 15-20% which is about high as Ive seen. And havnt seen ak-48s, but 47s have been in that same range. So the beans are great.

The seeds you got are just fine. That light is big, you will need some good space for it (you wont be able to do a cabinet grow with it, rather something full out in the basement. You'll need an air cooled reflector for that light with a n line or centrifugal fan and ducting running to and from an outside source to keep the light cool. What you should really do is cruise around this sight and check the stickies (the posts on top of each section with the word sticky by them) in each forum section, they will give you most all the info you will need to know about growing.

:yeahthat: and :welcome: this is a first 4me...you want to grow but dont smoke? That light is good for a small room..i see a lot do in a basement bathroom. I use one in a 4x6x8...be sure to start those beans under a cfl of flourecent lights..That 1000 is way to intense ..IMO..but is a great light ..:aok: And you found the last site you will ever need..Thanks for Growing.Take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Thanks for the replies! Really didnt know if anyone would be willing to talk with me . I read over my post and thought I came off a little arrogant and didnt mean it that way. Where I was talkin bout fabbing know what to do I meant if I had a detailed plan because I sure dont know what to do. Just to answer a few questions. The light Yeah I bought it and the nutreints before I found any forums didnt know any you guys where on the forms. I dont smoke I just want to make a nice quality grow. I make some nice drink Im told I started making wine and whiskey long after I stopped drinking.I had a major drinking problem at one time and a nice pill problem. I guess I like to twist the dragons tail a little. If you guys ever want to make some wine or whiskey let me know I'll be glad to help you if I can. I am planing on having a 5x8 veg room and then a 5x8 flower room. I am enclosing it behind a wall making the door an air condiontioning vent with hidden access through the vent box. I will vent into my swiming pool equipment room too cover the noise and the power diffference. I am planning on doint hte wall two nights one weekend I have nosey nighbors. As far as not telling anyone broke that but need my brothers help with contstruction My back and heart want let e do as much as I wish. Brothers younger by 10 years but hes tightlipped as a ducks butt. Thanks agin wish I found yall sooner!

Guys I dont sleep much these days and been looking around a bunch please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm thinking of doing my grow in dwc buckets. I was wondering if yall suggest using a fogger i havent seen any on the sites but saw one on a you tube video. I am thinking of doing several buckets and using a main resorvoir with one water pump and one air pump. If I'm totally off base tell me now please. Have yall ever heard of the Doctor green thumbs site Ive heard from nirvana and Im on the 6 step of shipping but the seeds from the doctor have been on order two weeks today.

Welcome to the world of growing.

LOL--the 1000W is actually not enough light. A 1000W HPS is good for a max of about 28-30 sq ft--you are talking about 40 sq ft. I am running a 1000W in a 3 x 6.5' space. If your 1000W is not air cooled, it is going to put out some heat that you will need to deal with. It will most likely take more than a single fan.

I would not recommend running any kind of fogponics when you are starting out. Since you are handy, just make up some DWC buckets.

Sounds like you have a good handle on things man. Being a handy guy will go far when growing MJ. The essentials of a good grow room are: good cooling system for your lights, good ventilation and air exchange for your plants, and light tight rooms. DWC is a great choice to start in. And hey, I stopped smoking weed too, now I just grow for my wife and a friend or two, but growing brings such joy to me, I'm not gonna stop any time soon!

my room has central air with the themostat located in the room. It is a icf pool house so it has a r-factor of 50. I have some fans from a venta hood that are 600 cfms. i wired in a 220 plug and 5 110s in the celing last night. I hope i have thought of everything wish the seeds would arrive.

Can anyone recomend or share with me what nutreints they use in a dwc system and a good hydroponic shop. I was wondering when I first start if I use just plain distilled water. I have a good way to make my own distilled water lol. I have some fox farms organic coming and its big bloom and two other kinds with some ph up an down. I was also wonering if I need a ppm meter. I have a digital PH meter coming.

Hello there well i'm in uk and grow in coco so i fresh out of advice far as your intended system goes lol just wanted to say welcome and good luck.
Sounds like you got a grasp of what your doing and your happy to take advise so you will be fine trust me.
I knew less than nothing when i started and its going fine thanks to this lot.
I noticed you were building your veg and flower rooms the same size.
Unless you have an unforscene reason for this then i would go with a smaller veg room and bigger flower room as understandably you dont need nearly the same space for say 10 vegging girls as you do for 10 fully flowering ladies.
As i finding out those nice looking little plants soon start to grow.
Good luck

Newbud ,
Thank you I'll change my plans and cut the size of the veg room, Told you all I didnt know anything. I just assumed I would need the room. I look forward to the comments and gtting to know everyone. My first grow and I am nervous in everyway. Messing up doing something stupid I guess thats part of it though I seem to have always learned the hard way. I do thank everyone for the comments. I have another question I been reading about carbon dioxide generators and wonderd if they are worth it I have a mosquito magnet and that is basically what it is will it work for that pupose?

Believe me dont be nervouse with this site behind you mate and yeah i have a habbit of learning the hardway too lol.
Keep things simple first time round to get your green thumb dialled in, do plenty of research on your way of growing and ask lots of questions because people are more than happy to help out.
Start a grow journal too as it helps you to keep track of dates and your progression oh yeah and as you will have plenty of space consider keeping a plant of each strain you grow back as a mother plant to save you money on seeds in future.
As for c02 dunno mate i just make sure i got good air circulation but sure somone be here soon with an answer.
Best of luck

Hi Dollar,
Yeah lets hit it I love to play. I am not very good but I seldom throw my clubs any more LoL. Yhanks for the welcome.
I got four buckets made gonna do six more. They seem to be working as far as mecanically. I am gonna try and get my wall done this weekend. I am getting worried bout my first seed order think I may have been shafted. Guess that will be a lesson learned. I thought my lights and nutreints would be here today Oh well. Man I went to lowes to get some things jeez its like pulling teeth to get any qaulity help there I finally just left what I had in the basket came home and placed an order from a hydroponics shop online I rather put my money in some guys small biz as a non caring chain store anyway. Wal-marts and Lowes are killing the small town way of life support the small guy when you can. I was going by stopped an when I could get no help I rememberd why should they care its just the weekly check they are there for the online order was easy and they really wanted to help an please.

Latest posts

Back