I need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commish21

Reaction score
I have powdery white splotches on a lot of my leaves and a few whiteflies. Are they connected, and how do I get rid of the mold and flies

Please please help

Com

Might be powdery mildew, and it likes to live in wet neighborhoods. What is the humidity in the grow space?

Old_SSSC_Guy said:
Might be powdery mildew, and it likes to live in wet neighborhoods. What is the humidity in the grow space?

I think it is powdery mildew. It has been a bit humid lately, what is the best way to get rid of it and will it affect the buds and not just the leaves?

Thanks man,
Com

be quicker if we could see pics. cause 'i think', and 'may be' is all second guessing to us...

pics, pics, pics. or read, read, read...;) ...

Does it look like this?

Thrips
Thrips are really tiny, but can be seen by the naked eye. Some may have wings and some may not. Thrips reproduce rapidly, especially in tight places. That is what makes them hard to get rid of when using pesticides. The suck the sap right out of your plant with there piercing mouths, which makes the leaves look like they turned white. You can tell when you have thrips by taking a look at your leaves, the leaves will look as if there chlorophyll have been ripped right off the plant. Plants that are damaged can’t be healed thus making it harder for the plant to absorb light. SO if left untreated the thrips will kill the plants. Damage also can be seen by the greenish black specks of there **** they leave on leaves. Also the plants will show silver patchs from scar tissue. Depending on the severity at first, thrip damage might look like spider mite damage untill it increases in damage and then thrips case is for sure when you see the greenness replace with big parts of white.

One good way to repel thrips for those growing outside is to use garlic, this is a good way to keep them away before you get them. The color yellow attracts the thrips and should be advised not to have this color around your grow.. If you already have them using neem oil, and or lady bugs can get rid of them. If the infestation is bad then you need to use biological solution like, pyrethrin-like insecticides. Picture 8 shows thrips damage.
Other Products include:
Chemicals
Hot Pepper Wax,Safer Yard & Garden Insecticide (which can be used right to the day of harvest),GNATROL( used in hydro in the water as well as soil),Doc's Neem Pest Soap,Safer Sticky Stakes,TR-11000 Pyrethrum.

Thanks everyone, I need to get a new camera soon
I am spraying them with neem as we speak

commish21 said:
Thanks everyone, I need to get a new camera soon
I am spraying them with neem as we speak

So what was it?

it was powdery mildew
I am still spraying every few weeks with neem to keep it at bay

Thanks

Latest posts

Back