I plead ignorance!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SmokinMom

I have 3 seeds that have germinated and are ready for some dirt. But I know I can't just plant them outside and expect them to grow into a lush MJ plant.

I don't know what to do! I guess I need to buy a light? The cheaper, the better cuz I can't spend a lot.

How big do these need to be before they can go into the ground outside???

Any of you want to take me under your wing? :p

(I know, I know. Lots of great growing on this site. I need to get busy reading)

For cheap lighting goto a place like Walmart (we dont have such a thing here) and buy like... 4 fluros to establish your growth.

Everyone will tell ya that walmart is a great place for cheap lighting and magnification lenses...

I myself got my student loan and promptly bought everything i need in one sitting. i even carried my hydro kit and lamp on the bus and i nearly broke my back carrying it up the hill to my house. Everyone mistook the big HPS box for a computer box hehe ;)

If you look at my grow journal, EVERYTHING in the first few pictures for the equipment was carried by little me, 4 bottles of nutes, the pump, everything.. was bundled into the hydro chamber and the light box sat on top. what a day :) Riz said i was stupid and i should of waited for him to help carry it all.

Hey Hot Mama, flourescent lights work really well for what you are doing. You could use compact flourescents which will screw into a regular light socket or you could also use tubes. Home Depot or Lowes have a lot better selection of flourescent lighting options. Make sure you keep your seeds moist and in the dark. Light kills roots.

hey smoken maybe u can put them in pots then put them out side and then bring them in at night till its warm enough out there for them. but then maybe that will be to much work lol. good luck on what ever way u go.

Haha, I never realized he was giving the finger! I better change it. :)

Okay, the 3 misty seeds sprouted as did the 3 durban poisons. So now I got 6 I need to plant...I hope my dad will still let me keep them at his house!

Today I will make a Wal-Mart run. Ekk, I hate that store...oh well, I'll **** it up.

I'll get 6 pots, some organic soil....I'll see about those lights. I am a girl here, and I am not very handy. LOL. Too bad I can't ask my handy hubby for help on this project. :(

788 posts and all that jo you should be a pro! Good luck, 55

So how'd it go at the store mom? Me and doc green ventured into the city today to get some groceries and a magnifyer for our trichoma heads. let us know what you bought hey?

Run into any problems SmokinMom just give a yell and like Under Dog i will be there to rescue Sweet Polly Purebred. :p

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Run into any problems SmokinMom just give a yell and like Under Dog i will be there to rescue Sweet Polly Purebred. :p

TBG You ole' smoothie lol

You can get a two foot fluro shop light at Wal-Mart for like 8 bucks, or a 4 foot for like 12 or so.

I didn't get to the store today. I had to make a last-minute Dr appt to get a lump cut out of my armpit. YUCK!!!

I hope to go tomorrow. These lil guys need dirt ASAP. I see a leaf or 2 trying to grow already...

Can I use little pots for now?

damn smokin mom hope everything is ok. little pots are fine

Should be okay, it just hurts like hell!

On a side note...

Think about me over the next few days. I am going cold-turkey off of my Effexor. Look up effexor withdrawl and read that ****! NOT looking forward to my next few days. In fact, I am a little scared...

Send me some good thoughts please.
:)

How long have you been taking Effexor? I read about "brain shivers". That sounds like fun.

damn yeah, that sounds pretty nasty.. well, mj's helped me with headaches, i dont know about brain shivers, but it might sort out your head jelly :(

SmokinMom said:
I didn't get to the store today. I had to make a last-minute Dr appt to get a lump cut out of my armpit. YUCK!!!

I hope to go tomorrow. These lil guys need dirt ASAP. I see a leaf or 2 trying to grow already...

Can I use little pots for now?
..wow!..our thoughts and prayers are with you 'mom. With the Effexor withdrawl, too. Sounds like real nasty stuff.

btw..I had a 'lump' removed from under my arm about 20 yrs ago. It cost me a substantial sum in alimony..AND 10 yrs of child support.
BUT..it was worth every penny..;)

Thanks guys for the kind thoughts. :) The lump was nothing, not a tumor or anything. ;) But today it is draining and sooo gross. Hurts too cuz my arm has to touch it. LOL.

On the effexor- I took it for 2 weeks back in 03. I remember the weekend I ran out. :( I remember lying on the floor and feeling like things were crawling all over me. Why I decided to try it again I'll never know. But I have started a new med (generic Wellbutrin XL) that the Dr said would help make withdrawl from Effexor more pleasant. I don't know if I believe it or not.

I woke this morning expecting to feel pretty lowsey. I feel a little 'off' but not too bad. We'll see what happens. If I go away for a little while you will know why. ;)

Maybe my dad can take me to Wal-Mart today to buy the stuff. I don't want to drive just in case I begin feeling really strange. I have my 2 yr old son with me today. :D

Stay tuned...lol.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=73400-1811-VB1-3CH&lpage=none Able to withstand 30 watts.

Wire that up with three of these: Only 6.44 a pack. Puts out 26 watts. These can be found at walmart.
6500k.jpg

9.87 + 12.88 (6.44 x2) = 22.75 + the cost of tearing the female end off an extension cord laying around the house to wire up and some twine or rope to suspend above the plant = Not to shabby.

If you have the means to wire this thing up and suspend it just laying around the house then this ends up giving you more bang for your buck than the other dome light suggested, but if you don't have the materials at home to do it and don't want to mess with the wiring than the dome light is the better option as it will be less of a stress factor and much easier to deal with.

Check out my grow journal if you want to see what I am using.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10591

Also I have some pretty decent information that I have compiled in there for reference if you need it.

And in just minutes, all my hope was dashed. :(

My dad re-nigged and said I couldn't grow at his house. In fact he says we never even talked about it. Ugh!!!

Now I guess I'll just try up in my attic. But the hard part is going to be telling my straight-laced, law-abiding husband. He probably won't be too pleased.

I still plan on running to the store in a bit. Don't know what will happen after that though. :(

Latest posts

Back