I saved nearly $600 a year on my cable!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadlakmike1

Reaction score
You might also be able to save money, here's how I did it.

So I have a bundle package for my phone, internet, and cable TV all through the same company. I have several premium channels and my bill was just over $180 a month. Money has gotten a little tight for me so I decided to shop around some other companies for a better price. Now I was able to find better prices but I really wanted to stay with the company I'm with because I have received good service over the years and I really enjoy the on demand feature with my cable. So I called my cable company and told them my dilemma, I explained that I didn't want to change companies but I wasn't willing to pay that much money anymore. I was very friendly throughout the entire conversation and they decided to lower my bill by $48.69 a month. That's a savings of $584.28 a year and I got to keep the exact same service and features I've enjoyed for years!!!

I would highly recommend everyone try this as well. Shop around first so you know how much it will cost through other companies. I think doing my homework first and being able to throw the other numbers out there really helped. Remember to stay friendly, people are much more willing to help you if you are friendly. Emphasize when you call that you want to stay with them but let them know you are aware of your other options.

I really hope this works out for some of you. Obviously this might not work out for everyone if you are already getting a good deal, but there's no harm in trying, and who knows, maybe you'll save nearly $600 a year!!!!

Good for you Cadlak!!

I did recenty call our provider and got a lower rate too, but only for 6 months. We shell out $115 for internet and basic cable. I hate it. In fact I could do away with cable TV but hubby disagrees. :p

Cadlak I did the same thing about a month ago my bill went from 210$ to 130$ a month a savings of 80$ a month! In this economic time they can't afford to lose customers especially ones that pay there bills!

Phatpharmer

phatpharmer said:
Cadlak I did the same thing about a month ago my bill went from 210$ to 130$ a month a savings of 80$ a month! In this economic time they can't afford to lose customers especially ones that pay there bills!

Phatpharmer

That's an awesome savings. Same for you smokinmom, (I wonder why yours is only for 6 months though). I think your right about paying the bills on time, I've never missed a payment or paid late and that probably gave me some leverage. I just hope this thread will help someone else out too. Saving money is great, especially lately.

hey mike. thats pretty cool. was thinking of doing the same just a few weeks ago. havent got around to it though yet.

presentation is the key here. if you go in half cocked, your sure to get shot down everytime. you show up for the interview in a suit , and tie, well you just won half the battle.;) .

thanks mike...bb...

Hey mike,

i know which one you mean. I have been with them for years also. excellent service throughout cable and internet.

This will work with your cellphone provider as well,,,like mentioned in previous posts....be informed, polite, and specific...and most likely they will work a deal out..Good customers are a priority with these companies.

we just tried the same thing and was gonna save like 40$ a month, but when we said how many T.V.'s we have and they're all HD they jacked it up a little more so the savings would only be 10$ a month and i wasn't worth the hassel. it would have been cable, phone and internet so we decided to stay with what we have. but its cool that the company's you guys have are willing to do those things. we live in a small town in the mountains and only have a local provider so no big name companies that offer good deals supply service here.

i signed a contract with our service when i found a great deal they were offering! and i was lucky to find the one i did. we get the fastest broadband, all the HD channels, on demand, hbo and showtime for $94.00 a month for a year contract! i wonder if they can even lower the amount if you signed a year contract since i can back out, probably not, right? :hubba:

overall, im happy with the price we pay though

...just had a buddy that had given his daughter a cell phone. She went off to college and his first two bills totaled over $500.. :eek: .. He just got laid off too.
He called the cell co. and just told them straight up, "I can't afford to pay it.".."I'll have to shut them off and pay for the early disconnect"
They dropped his bill to $49.... his bill this month was also $49.. :confused2:

On a similar note when you renew your insurance policy always shop around. I found a much better deal that saved by $500 a year.

-Trippy

I save tons of money and get all the Pay per view and Movie channels.

Do a search on FTA

Growdude said:
I save tons of money and get all the Pay per view and Movie channels.

Do a search on FTA

FTA - Free to Air
How do you get Pay Per View?

Those seem like opposites haha. PPV is encrypted right?

I'm new to FTA, btw

Latest posts

Back