i think its a hermie :(. help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tetrahydro grower

Reaction score
I have 2 plants and they are on day 12 of flowering, and they are in a cabinant, and its my first grow, just some bag seed, and i know ones a female, but i think the other one is a hermie, but im not forsure, and i was wondering if it will still produce buds that will be smokeable, instead of some backyard boogie..here the pics.

herm.jpg

herm2.jpg

herm3.jpg

I can't see anything that looks like a male flower yet

I got nothing....looks female but it is a bit blurry.

where the other plant?....Im stoned...But I see the same plant

hey tetra. I can't really tell from the pics, sorry.

The light looks really purple by the way. What kind of light do you have them under?
-SSF-

Its just a regular fluorescent, jus a bad pic..and yea that's only one, the other ones deff. A female, already got small buds on it..but ill take some more better pics, sorry.

tetrahydro grower said:
Its just a regular fluorescent, jus a bad pic..and yea that's only one, the other ones deff. A female, already got small buds on it..but ill take some more better pics, sorry.

You do understand that a hermie is a female plant that grows male flowers? Just because your one plant has buds does not mean that it will not hermie. It is usually further along in flowering when hermies start throwing male flowers. If this is bagseed, keep a close eye on them.

I would still keep 'em.

That could be new growth comin out there and not a pollen sack.

No, that does not look like a male flower to me. However, your plant looks really quite stretched. What size/type of light are you using in how much space? Do you have adequate ventilation?

Those are definately female flowers that you have indicated.

circled the "for certain" pistils in red.
What 'you' have circled in black, looks like new growth 'to me'... not male/staminate flowers. :)

2-20c.jpg

I see new growth as well.....if your plant was to hermie early on in flower in my opinion it wld be quite easy to tell....you will see ball sacks....it is when they throw those single bannanas late in flower that can hide that are most troublesome...very easy to not catch and you won't know it till you are breaking up your cured bud and you start finding a seed here and there.

Jmo

Yea man, thats a bud of new growth, congrats on your growing female!

Just keep an eye out for Nanners late in Flower. I have grown Bagseed,,and most the time they will Hermie late in flower because the seeds are from a Hermie. Thats not to say the weed wasnt much better then when I bought it cause I gave it lots of TLC and harvested it at the correct time. But if it does Hermie and you let it go,,be ready to clean the crap outta yur grow room.
OH yeah,,Like HG said you gotta lot of stretch goen on. Might wanna get better lights or get them closer to the canopy.

Thanks..and yea I am tryin to get another light..I'm wanting a 400 watt HPS/MH light...but the ballast is like 100 bucks, and I'm tryin to save up before too late..I'm on a tight budget.

What kinda lights are you using. If Floras,,ya need to get them closer to the canopy.

tetrahydro grower said:
Thanks..and yea I am tryin to get another light..I'm wanting a 400 watt HPS/MH light...but the ballast is like 100 bucks, and I'm tryin to save up before too late..I'm on a tight budget.

Remember that you are attempting to grow something that sells for $300-500 and up an ounce. You are simply going to have to be able to invest some money or you are not going to get anything out of it. Plants have needs that must be met. And number one is adequate light.

Tell us about the space you have set up now--size lights, ventilation, etc. Maybe we can offer some suggestions to help optimize what you have.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Remember that you are attempting to grow something that sells for $300-500 and up an ounce. You are simply going to have to be able to invest some money or you are not going to get anything out of it. Plants have needs that must be met. And number one is adequate light.

Tell us about the space you have set up now--size lights, ventilation, etc. Maybe we can offer some suggestions to help optimize what you have.

i need to sell meds where you live.

Latest posts

Back