Ideal set up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenDover

Reaction score
If you were able to set up a grow room with your current conditions (i.e. closet grow, or stealth cabinet, or even commercial.), and money weren't really an issue, what type of set up would you have?

I'm still fairly new with growing, so I don't have much personal trial and error on equipment or mediums. But, this is how I would set mine up...

I would have a stealthy cabinet that looks like your normal basement work bench that would be about 12 feet long by 3 feet deep, and one section that would look like a pantry or something and a refrigerator on the end.

It would be grow boxes in the cabinets from left to right, one chamber for holding clones or seedlings with a drip system in rockwool cubes sitting in a small plastic tub (maybe a bus tub). So, pretty small chamber, maybe 3'W at the most. This would use a few CFL's for lighting.

Then the next chamber would be a veg/mother room. This would be about six feet wide. This would house the mothers and/or anything to veg. The lighting would be two 250w metal halide lamps, set on 18/6. The irrigation system would be a drip system in rockwool. The rockwool cubes (4" or bigger), would be setting on a bed of hydroton in a sturdy fiberglas tub that has a drain system to collect any runoff and send it back to the reservoir.

Then, I would have the one taller cabinet left for the flower room. Along with a "kegerator" on the end. The kegerator would have a tap and a large CO2 tank on the side, and a beefy padlock holding it shut. I would always be out of beer. :D So, in essence I would have two flower rooms, or one flower room and one curing room. The lighting in these would be a 1000w HPS in each, with the inner walls lined with mylar. The irrigation system in the cabinet would be an ebb and flow system with the reservoir under the tub. The "kegerator" would basically be set up for curing, or I could set any plant (or maybe two) in a custom 5 gallon DWC or Ebb and Flow.

Tying these all together via the ventilation system would be narrow chambers, about 1.5"-2" wide stuffed with some type of filtration media (either a furnace filter, or a custom charcoal insert). Starting from the left in the smallest chamber, I would have my air system like the attached drawing. And use fans as needed.

What do you think?

12 X 12 Grow room with walk-in closet in the basement (helps with a constant temperature and is out of the way). There would be a hallway when you walk in the door to the back where the walk-in is located. The walk-in would be used for hanging plants to dry and hold jars for curing. It would also have shelves to keep keep soils, nutrients, spare bulbs, etc. It would be equipped with an exhaust fan to **** all of the air and odor outside. The room will be divided into two section, a Veg section that would be on 24/0 at all times and a flower section that would be kept on 12/12 at all times. Each section would have a high powered exhaust fan to filter the air and odor out. As well as having a couple overhead fans to keep the air circulating over them. The Veg section would have 3-1000 watt MH and the Flower section would have 3-1000 watt HPS lights. I would have plants in each chamber at all times. Creating a harvest about every 8 weeks.

sounds good Ben..if you build it they will GROW!!!

I just want some wharhouse space say 100x100 set up proper al the goodies and have it controlled by way of PC for lights, waterings,mistings,etc :hubba: then i could start my mission of free buds for all :bong2:

Latest posts

Back