I'm Germinating My Seeds Right Now...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey , my question is for any northern California growers........do you think it's too late in the season to sprout seeds for an outside grow??? Thanks for your help.

Only 3/25 seeds have cracked that I'm germing, still no root. I checked my 11 plants outside tat I planted and no green, so I dug into a few of them and they have root. I talked to the person who I got them from and he/she said that it took he/she about a week to successfully germ them. So, I went to another person and she/he is getting some different seeds for me tonight, hopefully these germ quicker. I read that late "crackers" have crappy genetics.

MotaMomma said:
Hey , my question is for any northern California growers........do you think it's too late in the season to sprout seeds for an outside grow??? Thanks for your help.

it is getting a little late in the season to start, but no harm trying. if you've got seeds, you minus well try a few..
the way the summers going (up here in bc anyway) i think it's going to be a wonky grow year anyway.

hopefully if you can kick them into bud early, you may be able to harvest before they start to get moldy.

12 seeds germed, so I have a total of 23 plants in the "ground". 3 plants have actually shown leaves except for one a slug ate the leafs off (GRRRR) but I just put in the germed seeds last night.

I germinated my seeds in 36 hours, i used wet paper towels in between two plates, with a heating pad on top. Worked great, and fast!:shocked:

So mad the snails and slugs keep eating my plants!!! I'm about ready to throw down mounds of salt around my plants

FirstTimeGrow said:
So mad the snails and slugs keep eating my plants!!! I'm about ready to throw down mounds of salt around my plants

just buy some slug bait.. won't bother your plants as much as a bunch of salt could (i don't know if it would, but you wouldn't think a bunch of salt would be good for them)

I coulden't get that, I'm broke. I got some salt from my house and went around and surrounded the cups with a salt mound

Porridge oats is a natural way to kill slugs and snails and does not harm nature, the oats swell inside the snails and slugs and they pop a gut, not a nice way to go, but it works.

Birds do not get poisoned eating the dead gastropoda.

A friend of mine is setting up a nice garden 4' by 4' by 2' as recommended using a mixture of some soil from the hole which was dug, which was pretty rich, Black Velvet Black Kow Manure Compost 50lb., Earth's Finest Peat Humus, and Black Velvet Black Kow Premium Topsoil. He wants to also add some sand and fresh seaweed out of the Pacific Ocean, eggshells, organic mulch and whatever else in the soil mixture that may help these OG Kush seeds be the best that they can be that are germinating in wet sponges and rags on a plate which constantly has water. The plate is lying on a comforter roofed under a cardboard box with the rest of the comforter wrapped around the cardboard box. Room is kept closed and warm. Seeds are sprouting NOW. In which direction does my friend put the sprout into the ground???

What type of ratio should my friend use with this mixture, using 5 gallon buckets?
Should my friend layer the sand and soil mixture in 1/4" intervals or mix the sand into the soil mixture?
What brand of store bought nutrients EXCLUDING MiracleGro, should my friend use?
And how would he use the diatomaceous earth???
My friend says that he has researched that vermiculite has asbestos in it, what do you guys know about it?
By the way, my friend wants to keep this garden ORGANIC...

Latest posts

Back