Im Here People

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MySwag

Reaction score
Sorry I took me so long but im finally here people. A year ago my girlfriend told me that I need a new hobby so I started smoking and she hasnt had a problem out of me yet.

Im new to all of this and I wouldnt know the first thing about growing. I guess the first question I should ask is, how much will it cost me to start growing my own bud and is it cheaper for me to just buy it like usual....

10 seeds cost $80, imagine all 10 germinate, imagine out of 10 seeds you get 6 girls, 6 girls x maturity weight of 2 ounce per plant of weed, tell me where you can buy 12 ounces for $80.

Ok you need to buy soil and a few nutrients the plant needs plus a lightbulb, adding $150 more, so in reality 12 ounces costing $230 = $19 per ounce :)

P.s. Welcome to the forum ;)

hello and welcome myswag
you c[ould allways try some bagseed first ,,but you still need everything else H,i,E pointed out
goodluck with your new adventure :48:

HippyInEngland said:
10 seeds cost $80, imagine all 10 germinate, imagine out of 10 seeds you get 6 girls, 6 girls x maturity weight of 2 ounce per plant of weed, tell me where you can buy 12 ounces for $80.

Ok you need to buy soil and a few nutrients the plant needs plus a lightbulb, adding $150 more, so in reality 12 ounces costing $230 = $19 per ounce :)

P.s. Welcome to the forum ;)

But the best thing is you know what has gone into your grow, nutes and so on, as these dealers nowa days they are putting all kinds rubbish in the finished product.

Also, welcome to the forum MySwag.

Welcome to MP. You've definitley made the right decision to grow your own, or your girlfriend made the right decision for you ;)

I personally wouldn't be able to afford to buy my own. Money saving is just one advantage.

You know exactly what you are putting into your body ... too much contaminated stuff going around at the moment.
No need to visit dodgy neighbourhoods, mix with unsavoury types ... or finance their violent, criminal lifestyles.
The satisfaction you get from smoking your own weed is unbeatable. I think you've definitley found the most rewarding hobby there is.

Just be warned .... once you start you won't be able to stop !

Welcome to MP. Glad to have ya here and hope to see ya around. Enjoy the site! ;)

Welcome aboard MySwag. Growing your own is definitely the only way to go! The enjoyment of smoking your first home grown bud will be all the proof you need that it's worth it. MJ may not be addictive, but growing sure is! Good luck.

Welcome to MP enjoy your self

Thanks all !!! But I have a really huge back yard and I have decided that I would start growing outdoors. Will I need all the potting soils and lights, etc.? Or culd i grab a bunch of female seeds from a good smoke that i had, dig a whole and....

theres no telling if a seed is a female until you germinate,grow,sex,and bud it.(bud it if its in fact a female) the best advice i could give you would be to do a good week or so of reading these forums.taking down notes an stuff as you learn it. outdoors growing is probably the eaqsiest due to the fact mother nature will help aid you.but if you live in the u.s. its a little late for being able to start an outdoors garden.so whatr you'd wanna do is keep your plants in 5 gal buckets,and when its time to bud them,i'd take them inside and put them under a hps growlights (12 hours on,12 hours off with the 12 hours off being in complete darkness..there can be NO leaks of light) i hope you enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us,but at this point.since you dont know much/anything about cultivating,just read,read,read,and read.good luck,you definitly picked the right forum.this is hands down the best of the best.

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
but if you live in the u.s. its a little late for being able to start an outdoors garden

:eek::afroweed:Whoa there guy, Im not looking to start a whole garden.... Im just me and I only want to supply mee. Two or three plants will be more than enough.

Oh, and what is germinate? I thought i just look for the little swiggly lines on the seeds and tadahhhhhh.....

OMG this is gunna take a whole lot more than I thought especially since there is not much step by step visual on this site..

its called reading my friend.we cant just give you all the answers.you need to read and learn.kinda like the way alot of us learned.if you want a successfull grow your gonna have to invest some time and a little money.its not like you just throw the seed in the pot,and 2 months wa la you have buds..its alot of work,but at the end..if you did everything right..youre rewarded w/ some good dank buds.if not,then you take what you learned from your first grow,and avvoid them mistakes your second grow and every grow you do should get better and better everytime,until you have a successful system down that works for you.i'd suggest not only reading here,but buying a good grow book.

p.s.
not every plant that you do up is gonna be a female,its usually a 50% ratio,so if you just do up 2 or 3 plants..chances are only 1..maybe 2 if your lucky will be female.and if its your first grow,and with as much experience as you have..you're probably gonna be lucky to get a 1/2 oz off it.i'd say to start off with 5-10 plants

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
its called reading my friend.we cant just give you all the answers.you need to read and learn.kinda like the way alot of us learned.if you want a successfull grow your gonna have to invest some time and a little money.its not like you just throw the seed in the pot,and 2 months wa la you have buds..its alot of work,but at the end..if you did everything right..youre rewarded w/ some good dank buds.if not,then you take what you learned from your first grow,and avvoid them mistakes your second grow and every grow you do should get better and better everytime,until you have a successful system down that works for you.i'd suggest not only reading here,but buying a good grow book.

Point taken and I cnt bring myself to argue or question an "EXPERT", BUT!!!:rolleyes:

:eek:If marijuana is so natural and just grows from the earth then why cnt I just grab a hand full of seeds and berry them... Like u said "Wa La" i have a plant.....?

again, not an argument, im just new as my two day old and very curious about this...:D

=) i totally understand my friend and i hope i didnt offend you,its just we try to tell all the new people comin in here the same thing.as far as reading and what not. it is a weed,but its a very picky weed,if you do the slightest thing to stress it out,it will hermie on ya..in other words end up with a bunch of useless seeds.

Hello there swag. I am glad you have came to our little home here. We have plenty of guides to help you out. Check out or resources link which is full of useful guides: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

We also have the Ready Set Grow video series to help you: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Readfy_Set_Grow.html

Also here is a thread i put together that has several other video grow guides: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26824

Hope this helps.

bigbudsbruddah said:
Hello there swag. I am glad you have came to our little home here. We have plenty of guides to help you out. Check out or resources link which is full of useful guides: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

We also have the Ready Set Grow video series to help you: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Readfy_Set_Grow.html

Also here is a thread i put together that has several other video grow guides: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26824

Hope this helps.

Jst what I was looking for, thanks a bunch!!!

... Weed, may well be a slang term for marijuanna, but a "weed" by definition, it is NOT.
1. a valueless plant growing wild, esp. one that grows on cultivated ground to the exclusion or injury of the desired crop.
2. any undesirable or troublesome plant, esp. one that grows profusely where it is not wanted:

A weed in a general sense is a plant that is considered by the user of the term to be a nuisance, and normally applied to unwanted plants in human-made settings

Latest posts

Back