Im new, their new and nearly dead help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxxeaglepilot

Reaction score
My inexperiance is starting to cost me. recieved some feminized amsterdams, did the wet paper towel germination, 5 took off 3 days later planted in mix of 2/5 merical grow garden soil,2/5 merical grow potting soil, 1/5 perlite, two came up so fast i bout fell over with in 2 days they fell over, experminting with lights, had a spotligh lamp grow n show and 2 -4 ft, grow bulbs, thought heat may be to much they were streatching real hard, very thin. so I removed spot light, and lowered 4 ft. bulbs to about 2 inches above pots. one is doing better, other is near death. 3 never came up. gonna keep trying, some hints please. im reading all i can, thanks and grow on my friends

Any pics? Hate to sound like a broken record LOL, also the MG does it have food? Sounds like you had a major stretching problem. How are you watering and what not, and how often?

those lights shouldnt be stretching that bad with those lamps, is the room normally a hot room? if the temps are not too bad outside i would put them outside for a couple of days if possible and get some superthrive and add it ASAP. Good Luck :aok:

MG is very bad stuff for MJ IMO...just a thought i have a plant that is going through a rough time because of MG...but good luck

Hugeslinky67 said:
MG is very bad stuff for MJ IMO...just a thought i have a plant that is going through a rough time because of MG...but good luck

anything with food is bad for seeds and seedlings. I think MG even says it on the bag.

snuggles said:
anything with food is bad for seeds and seedlings. I think MG even says it on the bag.
Is it still bad for seedlings if the food already in the soil is stuff like worm castings, bat gauno, and blood meal?

I think you should be OK. As long as you followed the directions...I know Guano is seedling friendly. Although how old are the seedlings, how big is the container and what is the mix? roughly like percentage wise. Blood might be a bit strong (12-0-0?). I have used worm castings and guano in my Coco mix, another thing does the soil already have food in it. Things like FF Ocean Forest have guanos and castings and what not in it and I had some seedlings in there. Always germed in Light Warrior though. Good question LOL.

Sorry I'm high and rambling, I guess you already have FF OM and that's why you asked. I never germed in it, I did a 75%/25% mix of LW/OF. Then about three weeks in I transplanted into 25%/75% LW/OF.

Hi there. Welcome to MP. This is a great place to learn/share your knowledge of growing mj like a pro. It's also filled with members that are more than willing to help you out in any way possible. I hope that you enjoy your stay and I hope to see you around the forums in the future.

What kind of light are you using? It has to be high pressure sodium, metal halide, florescent, or led to grow plant effectively. It sounds like you have the wrong type of light. The soil you chose is also a harder soil to work with. Pro mix would have been a much better choice. We need more information to help you. What are the dimensions of your grow area? What type of light and how much? Do you have any ventilation? How big are the containers? How often do you water them? Are you using any nutes? Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Lots of people know about FF already but htis stuff used to get used in all my soil grows. Light Warrior, I copied and pasted info

Light Warrior® is the ultimate grow medium for seed starting and transplanting. And it isn’t just a grow medium—we pack it with beneficial microbes to stimulate root growth and enhance fertilizer uptake, humic acid to help in seed germination, and earthworm castings to help plants thrive. Light Warrior® is the perfect fast-draining, lightweight seed germinator for your indoor jungle.

I'm using FF Ocean Forest mixed with Light Warrior... guess I should start seedlings in the 75% LW, 25% OF mix you suggested.

Read, read, read, read, read, read, read, read.....

It is so sad to have trouble when you have ordered quality beans. However, virtually all your initial growing problems can be avoided if you take the time to read the resources section and all the stickies in the forums. Do searches on the things you need to know regarding your special circumstances. There is such a wealth of info here!

Green thoughts for your sick girls.

:D
xxxeaglepilot said:
My inexperiance is starting to cost me. recieved some feminized amsterdams, did the wet paper towel germination, 5 took off 3 days later planted in mix of 2/5 merical grow garden soil,2/5 merical grow potting soil, 1/5 perlite, two came up so fast i bout fell over with in 2 days they fell over, experminting with lights, had a spotligh lamp grow n show and 2 -4 ft, grow bulbs, thought heat may be to much they were streatching real hard, very thin. so I removed spot light, and lowered 4 ft. bulbs to about 2 inches above pots. one is doing better, other is near death. 3 never came up. gonna keep trying, some hints please. im reading all i can, thanks and grow on my friends
THERE TOAST BUT THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK, JUST A LEARNING CURVE, LIGHTS WERE TO HIGH IN THE SKY, WRONG SOIL MG. :hairpull: BUT NEVER QUIT. JUST TRY TRY AGAIN THANKS EVERYONE. ILL KEEP U INFORMED OR BE ASKING AGAIN BAT GUANA AND WORM CASTINGS THINGS U NEVER THINK OF!!!

Firepower said:
those lights shouldnt be stretching that bad with those lamps, is the room normally a hot room? if the temps are not too bad outside i would put them outside for a couple of days if possible and get some superthrive and add it ASAP. Good Luck :aok:
xxxeaglepilot nearly 500 hrs of battle time hope to go whoopin abd blazin with ya some time!

welcome and better luck on the next go around..

Latest posts

Back