in need of help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey everyone so im quite new at the whole growing business but im not shooting in the dark' i have some basic knowledge and have been reading up as much as i can on the many different threads here and thanks now to all who post back...such a help. anyways i have 3 plants all together, 2 of which were from some mid bagseeds tht i planted and prayed and they turned out being pretty strong. the taller one is about 5 and a half inches and has 5 nodes with the 6th starting to grow in, its starting to show very pointy pistols so im hoping for the best but the only prob is the bottom leaves are turning a scary yellow. the second of the bag seeds is jus below 4 inches and has 4 nodes with the 5th just showing up and has small pistols but to small to tell yet. both the bag seeds popped the surface at the same time on 9/17/09, they've been under what i believe is insufficient light sources but it seems to be carrying them well enough. i was given a 20w grow light from a buddy and threw 2 extra 13w cfls in there hoping to get anymore sources of light, i know its close to nothing but its better then nothing and im saving my money to get a 400w hps light. i figure ill be able to utilize more space of where i have a safe spot to grow. the space tht i could use is 2 feet from the opening looking in and 6 feet long with a height of 5 ft 3in tall. im debating using a grow box but that mite be on the sideline till my next grow. i know this is way to long, even for me but i just wanted to get everything out there and i have one last thing. just today i have gotten a clone tht i was told was taken on 9/22/09 and looks to have amazing root growth' it has 6 nodes with the 5th and 6th approaching at about the same time. i wanted to know if it needs any special attention of any sort because its also in coco planting soil of some sort and right now its running under my same setup except the area is blocked off into a 2ftx2ft space with reflective material on every side to utilize all the light i can. any tips are welcome and appreciated, im tired of paying for bud and wamt some flame nugs for myself, needs types on lighting for that space, how many plants i could keep, and the best plant food to add in water. thanks and peace

superstoner420 said:
hey everyone so im quite new at the whole growing business but im not shooting in the dark' i have some basic knowledge and have been reading up as much as i can on the many different threads here and thanks now to all who post back...such a help. anyways i have 3 plants all together, 2 of which were from some mid bagseeds tht i planted and prayed and they turned out being pretty strong. the taller one is about 5 and a half inches and has 5 nodes with the 6th starting to grow in, its starting to show very pointy pistols so im hoping for the best but the only prob is the bottom leaves are turning a scary yellow. the second of the bag seeds is jus below 4 inches and has 4 nodes with the 5th just showing up and has small pistols but to small to tell yet. both the bag seeds popped the surface at the same time on 9/17/09, they've been under what i believe is insufficient light sources but it seems to be carrying them well enough. i was given a 20w grow light from a buddy and threw 2 extra 13w cfls in there hoping to get anymore sources of light, i know its close to nothing but its better then nothing and im saving my money to get a 400w hps light. i figure ill be able to utilize more space of where i have a safe spot to grow. the space tht i could use is 2 feet from the opening looking in and 6 feet long with a height of 5 ft 3in tall. im debating using a grow box but that mite be on the sideline till my next grow. i know this is way to long, even for me but i just wanted to get everything out there and i have one last thing. just today i have gotten a clone tht i was told was taken on 9/22/09 and looks to have amazing root growth' it has 6 nodes with the 5th and 6th approaching at about the same time. i wanted to know if it needs any special attention of any sort because its also in coco planting soil of some sort and right now its running under my same setup except the area is blocked off into a 2ftx2ft space with reflective material on every side to utilize all the light i can. any tips are welcome and appreciated, im tired of paying for bud and wamt some flame nugs for myself, needs types on lighting for that space, how many plants i could keep, and the best plant food to add in water. thanks and peace

Hello Superstoner420 :)

Jesus!!!!

Have you any idea how difficult that is to read with no spaces?

It was bad enough reading it while sober, if I had had a smoke I would have passed it and not bothered reading it.

Yellowing will be your PH.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28984

Do you know what your PH is?

How large is your current grow area?

You need 5,000 lumens per square foot.

:peace:

yea thats my bad, im quite blazed and didnt know it was gonna show up like

that, it was actually my first thread i made but i thought it was the ph so i

invested in a digital ph tester that i ordered cuz i figured i needed to know it

for my next grows, and the area im using is 2ft by 2ft and like 5 and a half

feet tall, i have a bigger closet but i blocked it off to use the reflective

material easier

ill shortly be getting a new camera soon so ill be able to post up some more

pictures as well

haha i know i have little knowledge but im not any sort of dumb, alls i need is a lil help to get me started and i think i can do just fine, im starting to pick things up quicker and ive been taking good care of my 2 bagseed plants but i just wanted a recommendation on some good plant foods and i was curious about the clone because it was just put in my hand and i wanted to make sure it stays healthy because ive been told its a good strain with a large yield

and would a 400w hps light work well for my grow space of 2 ft deep 6 ft wide and 5 ft 8 in tall? i was figuring on keeping about 4-6 plants in there depending on how it looks when i set it all up with the light that ill be getting

Welcome to the forum :)

2 x 2 will need will need 20,000 lumens, you currently have just over 8,000.

A 400w will give 55,000 lumens.

With the lack of lumens you have you will start to get your plants stretching on you (growing too tall too quickly) they will be searching for more light.

Can you get any more cfl lighting in there until you get a bigger light?

What kind of reflective material are you using?

400 will just be enough for a 2 x 6 ;)

I dont do hydro, so I will leave the people with knowledge to sort you out in the nutrients direction.

Hate to give you a bad time about your posts, but.....if really makes it read easier if you also use punctuation. It is hard to tell where one sentence starts and another one starts. Those of us that are old have a hard time reading posts like this.

If you use a 400W in a 2 x 6 closet, the plants at the ends of the closet are not going to be getting enough light. I have a 1000W in a 3 x 6.5' closet and the plants at the ends of the closet do not get enough light. Twelve sq ft needs about 60000 lumens.

superstoner420 said:
haha i know i have little knowledge but im not any sort of dumb, alls i need is a lil help

Sentence structure FTW.

thanks hippy and goddess i really appreciate the help and im going to go buy some higher watt cfls and a couple more lamps in 3 days when i get a paycheck. then a little later down the road i believe im going to get the 400w hps, do you think if i closed off an area and grew 4 strong plants in the space, maybe 2 by 5 feet big that they would be getting enough light and the material has like bubble wrap on the back with a silver material on the other side which has a diamond pattern, found it at an old house

so i found out that im using mylar as my reflective material. i knew that i didnt

have enough light and didnt want to risk anything while i waited for my new

light so i went out and got 2 100w clfs which put out bout 1500 lumens each

so at least its more then before, i found a good store to get my 400w hps so i

hope all goes well until then

Latest posts

Back