In need of your input and help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jericho

Reaction score
Well as most of u knew i have been trying to start growing since January, i have been reading up on everything on the sight so I'm prepared, and i have ran into a big problem.
Hydro nutes are non existent were i live. The island i live on does not sell hydro equipment at all (an example of how far back in time we are: asked in every shop for hps lighting systems and no one even knew they were bulbs) . Nothing whats so ever. This is not me being lazy as have been around about 15 garden centers and god knows how many other random shops to find what i need and there is nothing.

To send nutes to me 3x 4Lt bottles it will cost me 80 quid sterling in shipping and then 60 for the actual nutes. and is no way worth it to do. All i have found is plant food for soil grows here.

Has anyone got any suggestions or have had the same problem as me?

I have the space to grow now, i have the equipment, and lights are on order my only problem is the nutes. :eek:

:D hey there pal! i had the exact ame problem for years, i have no hydro shops whatsoever around here. just a month ago i found the solution to my problem. i found an agricultural products company that sells chemicals in parts and in bulks. so i purchased 4 bags 25Kgs each that is 100Kg's of ferts! a lifetime supply for me. you need to find a place that sells ferts, dont mention hydro, only mention the chemicals. actually you would need to find 3 of them since the 4th part you could find at pharmacies. the parts are:
1-Calcium nitrate
2-Potassium nitrate
3-Mono-potassium phosphate (MPK)
4-Magnesium sulfate (you can find it as epsom salt in drugstores)
look for fert chemical companies around search on the internet or in your yellow pages for your island, petrochemical companies and so on. i am sure you would find them. if you see greenhouses around check from where they get their ferts, you'll probably find these components there. just ask for the chemicals, they come as powder chemicals in bags. you would also need some trace elements but are very easy to find in small sachets 100g and are cheap. if you got questions please ask :D cheers

Thanks allot zem. i was really starting to panic. It is crazy on this island. its full of outdoor farmers but the ones that live in little huts on there field. they dont find hydro a benefit because of the environment here. its perfect for growing things.
I just like the clean part of hydro. I'm a neat freak hehe.

Reactions: zem
you're welcome jericho ;) one more thing, if you find them make sure you dilute each in its own bottle. their solubility is 1200g/l for calcium nitrate, 330g/l for MPK and 360g/l potassium nitrate, and 710g/l magnesium sulfate. i dont dilute them to their full solubility since the more you add the more you need to stir lol oh and this solubitlity is at approx 20degrees C the MPK and potassium nitrate get freezing as they dissolve makin it harder. you can see them in my journal link below this post :D you would also need a weight scale, believe me once you get this done you would feel luckier than all people with hydro shops next door, these chemicals are crazy cheap, they cost me a total of 118.5$ + 4$ for the trace elements lol if you find them much more expensive get them theyr way WAAAY less money than brand hydro nutes you would start counting in cents of ferts per res lol, i would pay double their price but i'm lucky to live in a transit zone where everything gets shipped via here lol i saw them on the internet for like double what i payed

Im sure i will be talking to you again shortly to get your experties hehe. Thanks again.

Zem...I somehow knew that your dilemma would end up becoming a valuable resource.

Jericho if I were you I would study Zems GJ down to the last comma. Pick his brain, on how he is doing things. I hope you get things figured out!

Just wondering, if the island you live on is so good for growing, why grow inside?

kal el said:
Just wondering, if the island you live on is so good for growing, why grow inside?

Unfortunately i do not have any land outside to be able to grow or monitor plants. And growing inside is much more discreet and a safer way to keep things out of the eyes of the unwanted.

Latest posts

Back