Increase or decrease in blood pressure?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ20

Super Sativa
Reaction score
Hey guys.Does your BP go up or down when you smoke weed?

I suffer from high blood pressure, went to the dr. over the summer, he said whatever your doing keep doing it, my blood pressure was normal, and i smoked pot twice a day everyday. Prob should help with your answer.

your blood pressure goes down but your heart rate goes up

^^ahhh..that's where I got confused...care to explain more?

I had high blood pressure issues for many years. I ate a lot of crappy food, and smoked a lot of cigs that contributed to it.......

Many times when I'd get high, (only one or two bong tokes) my heart rate would increase beyond belief, and I'd start to see spots like I was starting to pass out. I would be stuck in a bad trip for say 45 mins to an hour. This was a scary feeling, and happened many times. It was almost enough to get me to quit smoking dope, because I didn't like it........

Well, I quit eating crappy food, and canned the cigs several years ago. Excercise, and some BP meds have gotten my BP to textbook.

I no longer have those scary spells, and I can smoke all the dope and hash I want to.

To answer your question, I will have to do a BP reading before and after getting stoned. That would be neat to know.........

It would really be interesting to get a reading across the board on how smoking MJ affects your blood pressure. Could do it before wake and bake, then after.

I'll do mine in the morning and post................

PB:)

^^That's a good idea!I have a tester her myself, but I have to figure out how to use it.lol

All i know is that my wife is a nurse and she always seems to tell me when im high what goes on in my body. But i read with her in one of her med books that when you are high your blood pressure decreases and your heart rate increases. I myself have had spells of a huge increase in my heart rate and it is a bad feeling. Not as bad as pot belly though.

............4 big bong rips on good homegrown with a good mix of iso hash. Sit and stare at the wall kind of stone. Nice and thick........

BP before bong hits = 128/75. Pulse = 73
BP 15 minutes after = 120/87. Pulse = 117

PB:)

Pot raises my pulse and lowers my blood pressure. I have checked it many times and it always has the same affect on me with different stains.

Latest posts

Back