Increasing THC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicore

Reaction score
Brought this up on another thread and really wanted some input on it.

What about bringing the plant into flower and then once it has started flowering, increase to 13 or 14 on or more, thus increasing the plants potential to create THC. Has anyone ever done that.

the plants need at least 11 hours of darkness to make thc if they are female...therefor what your saying will not work.

i saw a growing video (THC labs) they say its good to give the plants 13-14h of light during the last 2 weeks of flowering cycle!! they say it give you more yield and potent.. but ididnt try it my self

I have my plants on 14 hours and the production of THC at this level is more than I have ever seen. I had them on 12/12 for a week and the last two weeks I have had them on 14 on. The growth has been great, and the trichs are even forming on the large fan leaves and it has only been a couple weeks of flowering. Just an experiment I guess.

This is two weeks into flower.

Mar 8 2008.jpg

thats pretty interesting man and good to see your trying it out! so are they on 14 hours lights on and 10 hours dark?? That flower looks great! What strain is it and how is it going compared to the same strain on normal 12/12?

hey fam whats going on . i ve been reading up your ? and theres a why to increase yeild but as for thc. no the only why to increase thc is to start with good gentincs. thats why the guys you buy your seeds form are always cross ing diffrent plants so that they might make a more stable and poent. plant this is just what i came up with after doing some reseach. i hope that this will help you fam

Thorn said:
thats pretty interesting man and good to see your trying it out! so are they on 14 hours lights on and 10 hours dark?? That flower looks great! What strain is it and how is it going compared to the same strain on normal 12/12?

Yeah 14 on 10 off. It is a no name from cali, and I haven't grown it before so I don't know what it would be like on 12/12. It has great genetics to begin with and it probably would have looked this good even if I had it on 12/12, I don't know. I will have to just see what it produces and then measure it up with my buddies.

You don't wanna mess with the light cycle! Go with the tried and true method. If you are doing this with one plant outside of your crop then go for it, I wouldn't reccomend doing this with the whole crop because I have done some reading into light cycles and have found that the common belief is that by changing the light cycle drastically away from 12/12 you will find more hermies popping up and have lower yields. Good luck though, and here is some MOJO for ya.

Latest posts

Back