infra red?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rampage

Reaction score
hi everyone, i currently use a 400 watt hps and love it, i'm just curious if an infra red heat lamp 250 watts would be beneficial? i read somewhere that the red lights were good for flowering, and thats the stage i'm at soo.... if it would help, i will use, any info appreciated

the 400w hps is already putting out red light for you. That's why it's that orangish color. If you added another 250w that would probably help your plant even more because it's even more light for it to use. You'll probably get a bit of an increase in the yield and tight, dense buds. Just be sure you're ventilating the two systems adaquately because too much heat can cause problems. You want to be right aorund 70-75 degrees. Some people have trouble trying to control heat off 1 400w...If you don't have that problem and can add the 250w in there and maintain temps then go for it.

rampage said:
hi everyone, i currently use a 400 watt hps and love it, i'm just curious if an infra red heat lamp 250 watts would be beneficial? i read somewhere that the red lights were good for flowering, and thats the stage i'm at soo.... if it would help, i will use, any info appreciated
Infrared light does nothing to plants in most of it's spectrum. However, in several of it's spectrums, it causes harm to plants.

There you have it.

It does no good.

It can harm your plants.

If you want to add more light, an additional HPS would be a great idea. HPS lights put out wonderful light for flowering.

well alrighty then stoney bud, last thing i wanna do is harm my beauties!

oh...is this a heat lamp made just to put out heat? or is it another HPS? If it's another HPS definitely add it.

i never tried it i was going to, if you do and it works let me know man i'd like to try, im scared to.

rampage said:
well alrighty then stoney bud, last thing i wanna do is harm my beauties!
I hear ya rampage! These little ladies are too important to allow harm to come to them.

The best result of adding infrared light to a grow is that it would do nothing at all.

The worst result, if the light you have is of the part of the infrared spectrum that is harmful, is that it would kill all your plants.

Good luck to you man!

Latest posts

Back