Intro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they haven't started flowering yet you still should have time to salvage something nice. I should have researched, what is your daylight hours like currently? How many hours of sunlight currently? How soon until your cold season sets in? You may still have a ton of time. Do you have someplace to transplant those or do you have much bigger pots? You need to get those in some soil that you have worked and softened up. Why do you think you are late in the season?
Hey,
I'm managing to get them approx 12 hours a day by moving them around a bit.
February is the hottest month of the year here, then Autumn hits, but it's generally pretty mild through that period and the sun will start to mover into a better position based on my property.
I have much bigger pots for them.
The next few days is supposed to be really hot, followed by a few days of rain and cooler weather, so I plan to transplant on the night before the first cooler day.

Attachments

• PXL_20220130_213722515.jpg
    PXL_20220130_213722515.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 5
It would be nice to see some outdoor Australian pictures as they finish out these next few months. Do you have someplace you can permanently plant them? I would think you have to work the ground well because I would guess the soil there gets baked rock hard with all the heat. ??

It would be nice to see some outdoor Australian pictures as they finish out these next few months. Do you have someplace you can permanently plant them? I would think you have to work the ground well because I would guess the soil there gets baked rock hard with all the heat. ??
Yeah, soil would have to be worked.
These ones will go into bigger pots.

Yeah, soil would have to be worked.
These ones will go into bigger pots.
Do you know how to transplant?

(As Bigsur51 stated below also let the soil dry out so it remains intact on the roots (wet soil will fall off easier ,) added 02/01/22
Make sure you flip the plants over and gentle work the whole root ball down into one hand while holding the pot being transferred from with the other , Gentle work it down and out so all or most of the rootball is saved with plant, then repot in bigger pot with new soil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know how to transplant?
Make sure you flip the plants over and gentle work the whole root ball down into one hand while holding the pot being transferred from with the other , Gentle work it down and out so all or most of the rootball is saved with plant, then repot in bigger pot with new soil.
Thanks mate for the tip

I always let my plants that im going to re-pot dry out as much as possible without hurting them. That way its easier to take them out of the pot without them falling apart. If they are wet, they seem to fall apart to quick.
Although sometimes i take them out wet and wash as much soil off as i can and start over if i feel like i have a problem with the soil they are in.

All I know is when they are very young you must be gentle and easy. Any thing will stunt them and stop growth . Case in point ,when I was just one day old they gave me the operation they give boys at that age. Well ,I did not walk for 12 months afterwards and they definitely stunted something on me that didn't need stunting ,so to speak ... jmho

All I know is when they are very young you must be gentle and easy. Any thing will stunt them and stop growth . Case in point ,when I was just one day old they gave me the operation they give boys at that age. Well ,I did not walk for 12 months afterwards and they definitely stunted something on me that didn't need stunting ,so to speak ... jmho
1643724677378.png

Great to meet you all.
4 weeks into my first grow in 40 years. Things have come a long way. Doing it outside and starting a bit late in the season for Australia. Luckily I am in a sub-tropical area, so may still go ok. Doesn't really matter, just sorting out early issues to be ready for next season.
Welcome ,You came to the right place!
I loved Australia ,Manly Beach was the first place I found out I cant surf for shit ...

Not me way too much hair !!
I am dialing in a 50 watt reptile bulb and a humidifier and so far TITS !
Having a great morning Brother and a lot of fun with a expert such as yourself in bantering !
I appreciate it !
I see a lot of comradery in you and you have been around a lot of ball busters too

Latest posts

Back