iPhone safety?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAR.

Reaction score
how safe is a iPhones ip address? Thanks all a great site

LOL about as safe as any. Though I never heard a virus hitting a phone network. I'm sure the phone server has gotten one but the service providers server administrator fixes that before it ever hits the consumers individual lines.

-C@jun- said:
server administrator fixes that before it ever hits the consumers individual lines.

Correct, that is the phone companies job since the provide their service to millions of people - I do everything on my iPhone with no worries....

Phones need credit on them to work.

Phone companies see and record everything your phone does.

Send a pic using it and they have a copy, talk on it and both numbers are recorded.

Visit sites and sites are logged.

:peace:

So hippy there is recorded history of your actions. Just like everything else. "Bigbrother is always watching". Well here's a more direct question. If you were to go and log onto a public server and complete a transaction of sometype of seed purchase over the iPhone, Is it safer to purchase thru your own ip/computer or go off site to a public server, or does it really not matter. I can remember the old party lines when the little old lady was listening in on your conversation, can the same little old lady at the phone company be snooping around into iphone packets of data being ran thru there server. Can this be easily done? Excuse the typos I fat finger everything on the iphone.

I use my Black Berry Storm to read and occasionally post on here...I don't worry about it much...

I could care less honestly. I just got an iPhone and am typing this in on it. If they care then they can come knocking and I'll set the Leo's down and shown them my perscription. I follow the laws. If ur in a different state... I still don't think the local pd has the resources to catch you, and the feds don't relly care about small timers.

What you say on here could not be used as sufficient evidence to get a warrant anway, if they are looking at what you are typing here it is because they are already watching you for something anyway. I would really hope that our tax money does not go to pay a salary for the local, state, or federal agencies to sit behind a computer and try to figure out who each one of us are. I don't think they would spend the money on something like this, It's too much of a crap shoot...now if this were a site full of pedifiles maybe.

RAR. said:
So hippy there is recorded history of your actions. Just like everything else. "Bigbrother is always watching". Well here's a more direct question. If you were to go and log onto a public server and complete a transaction of sometype of seed purchase over the iPhone, Is it safer to purchase thru your own ip/computer or go off site to a public server, or does it really not matter. I can remember the old party lines when the little old lady was listening in on your conversation, can the same little old lady at the phone company be snooping around into iphone packets of data being ran thru there server. Can this be easily done? Excuse the typos I fat finger everything on the iphone.

Unless it is federal a police agency has to go to a judge to get a court order to tap your phone in that case you should get a notice from your phone company or court of this. Federal is the only time you can get tapped without a court order or being let know.

Honestly; I sooty more about getting the product I pay for more than I do LEO. I would have no problem buying my seeds from my iPhone or my home pc - both r on my network anyway.

Then again I live in CA. so that's easy for me to say

OGKushman said:
I could care less honestly. I just got an iPhone and am typing this in on it. If they care then they can come knocking and I'll set the Leo's down and shown them my perscription. I follow the laws. If ur in a different state... I still don't think the local pd has the resources to catch you, and the feds don't relly care about small timers.

I agree %100 with this statement. Why would they care about little old me?

Bottom line i think is if you are just Joe Shmoe buying some seeds and growing a handful of plants there is absolutely no need to worry...if you are some dealer and participate in other activities that cld get you on LEO's radar then maybe there might be a risk...

Hamster Lewis said:
Bottom line i think is if you are just Joe Shmoe buying some seeds and growing a handful of plants there is absolutely no need to worry...if you are some dealer and participate in other activities that cld get you on LEO's radar then maybe there might be a risk...

I agree with this.

Since I'm not growing it isnt even a concern for me anyways.

If anyone reading this has Sprint, you can get out of your contract with no fees this whole month of January due to a breach on Sprints part. Google it. ;)

With AT&T now and love my new toy.

Im in upper management for the largest cell phone company in the world each network has different security. Iphone in a wifi area is the worst be on ATT network when making such orders. Also many people fear LEO listening to conversations not going to happen unless federal warrant. They have to literaly go to the switch in order to do this now that we are on Digital service. Old analog was a different story. When on the internet all they see is the tower signal using there data network not the site you visit.

Hamster you are more secure on the blackberry. Verizon has one of the highest security measures out there.

Latest posts

Back