is pot good or bad for pets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esahc87

Reaction score
hey guys i'm not sure if this has been posted yet or not but does getting your pets high hurt them i'm thinking asbout getting my dog high but i was wondering if it would hurt him let me know

haha no i dont wanna be cruel thats why i'm asking has any one ever done it?

What if you were the dog... would you want to get messed up?

Esahc87 said:
has any one ever done it?

yes I did for a very old dog we lost a couple years back....treated her just like I treat my self medically...

she liked it in brownies and we never forced it on her like blow'n it in her face and the such....

we knew when she was in pain as well as when she wanted meds to help with pain :)

just to get an animal high to see it spaz out is wrong but if for med use like us and the pet consumes it on it's own so to speak then it's all good

our black lab was put down at 19 years old but lived a good life thanks to marijuana the last 4 years :)

peace

Ive tried to get my cats high a million times, if theyre in a room with me they get used to it and just let me blow it at them. I dunno if theyre feelin it or not, they can't tell me.

I have two pups... Both of them first got high their first times from second hand smoke. One of which "freaked out"... Being nervous and anxious while the other was very mellow and cuddly. Now the one that doesn't like to get high is put in another room when the pot comes out and they other jumps up and down for joy. He now puts his face directly in the line of fire now so he can get the full effect. He's such an interesting fella...:rolleyes:

Bubby said:
:(

I've heard of people getting their pets high, but it seems sort of cruel. Why would you want to do that?
Is it cruel when you smoke? I can see if you are forcing them to smoke than that is definately cruel, but if the dog/cat/lizard likes it than why not. My buddys dog loves to smoke, everytime we spark one up he comes and sits right in front of us and paws until we blow it in his face. This dog has actually bitten people because they wouldnt let it smoke.

hey hey hey....what is goin on here about dogs and gettin high. :cool:

Ive heard of people gettin their animals high before. Ive never fed my pup a laced brownie or blown smoke in their faces but they do like to sit in our get high room while we smoke. Now whether they like the smoke and feeling or just want to be by us I have no idea. But they do love keeping us company while we are up in the clouds. One of them ate a baggie of mine full of the herb and was acting weird. Dang dogs are always gettin into something.
Also I wanted to let everyone know the October issue of High Times will be running a story called Pot and Pets. It describes the article like this " Does rover really enjoy reefer? Before offering the kind to your canine or kitty, read this report on the effects of THC on animals. Matt Ellis explores the psychological, medical and ethical issues involved with gettingyour pet high."
So pick up next months High Times and get some facts on this subject before doing it.

i get my one cat high all the time.. he likes it, the other cat i have doesn't so she just plays while me and honey get high

I don't think gettin animals high is right. What it does to us and what it does to them might be totally different.
If ya want your cat high give it catnip
Dogs are high on life....they don't need any help. ;)

Don't do it either. We have been pet owners our whole lives and have been smoking for over 25 years. Not once have we ever gotten a pet high and here is the reason why. Are you listening? If your pet ask you for a hit fine give him one but i dought your pet is speaking english. ;) Get what i'm saying? It's like me taking someone who doesn't get high and holding them down and blowing smoke in their face. Not cool at all.
Esahc87 said:
haha no i dont wanna be cruel thats why i'm asking has any one ever done it?

I admit I've done it. I also gave my dog beer when I was 21 yrs old. My poor pup was throwing up and I never felt so bad. :(

Well i blow shotguns to my puppies and they love it.....I was wonderin that too tho cuz they always choke more than me is it safe or do they just be high as all outside

Ziggy, i dont think he likes it. But Marley on the other hand he likes it and you can tell, im smokeing now and he looking at me whinning. when i 1st got him he ate a couple leaves of my plant lol

Latest posts

Back