is pot good or bad for pets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont intentionaly get my dog high but i can not leave a bud or stalk within his reach without him eating it. If you put a stalk near his nose he will wake from a dead sleep, grab the stalk eat it and pass out again. I dont know weather or not he likes to get "high" or even if he does, but he does sit right beside me everytime i light up, and he eats bud or stalk every chance he gets.

Homemadegravity said:
Dogs can eat chocolate, just not cooking chocolate.

My good friend's dog died just a few months ago after eating a whole bag of hershey kisses...

i had like a little over a quarter of this sack one time... i went to the store and baught a blunt skin... i started breaking the weed up... and then i rolled it up... i had dropped a nice nug on the ground... (this is brick weed..) and my dog ate it up in the blink of an eye.. i didnt notice what she ate yet.. but when i started looking for my bud.. i was like ***.. i look over and she ate all her food and was passed out.. i was so pissed when i realized what she did..

besides that.. my dog always sits in the corner when we smoke.. i think she likes it... she hasnt ate my plant yet.. but i know she knows what it is.. she goes up and smells it all the time..

also i herd isnt cat nip like weed for pets?

I wish we had all the answers,
But we can use our brains. I have watched my cat react to catnip, and I swear if he could roll it and smoke it he would. I mean I give him a small pile of it and he chows it, rolls in it, and then slams into walls-no joke.
Don't try to tell me that it isn't natural for critters to desire MJ. Maybe you forget how fast a deer will munch your grow. I've seen squirrels ripped on the stuff, and got to admit I never laughed so hard in my life.
BUT, I would never force it on a critter period. That would be cruel and to repeat what was so wisely said, If your critter asks up front than that's a different story.
Dogs and cats are often given meds that are the same as what we use, only in smaller portions. I learned that my cat is diabetic, but before that, when I didn't know, he was telling me in his way that he needed help. Sounds weird I know, but he kept licking my hands and arms. It would really get on my nerves. Then when I mentioned it to my vet, he said my cat was diabetic and going for the medication that would come through my skin since I'm diabetic also and take insulin. Animals are not that stupid, I mean some are goofy like humans and some seem so very smart it blows you away.
I say if your critter snarfs it by his own choice, then he just made it pretty clear that he wanted it.
Lastly, critters got enough problems with just keeping their butts clean, and living with the fact that they got to use their tongues for that is more than enough to probably push them over the edge a tad, leave them alone.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

DLtoker said:
My good friend's dog died just a few months ago after eating a whole bag of hershey kisses...

I guess I should of explained more. I tried saying, if you would have quoted the whole sentence that dogs can eat chocolate and not die, unless in big quantities such as a whole bag of kisses. Im sure the giant ball of foil that the dog ate to played a part in him dieing. But every dog is different, I use to work with a 150 dogs a day and Ive seen alot of dogs eat chocolate in small amounts without getting sick or dieing, Ive also seen dogs get sick from eating it to. Just like humans their stomachs act like ours they can get very sick from eating a whole bag of herseys kisses as we would probably get a tiny bit of a tummy ache if we ate a whole bag. My old boxers use to eat chocolate everyday and never once got sick, my pits I have now eat it once in awhile and dont get sick. They also make chocolate doggy snacks now to.

KingKahuuna said:
Lastly, critters got enough problems with just keeping their butts clean, and living with the fact that they got to use their tongues for that is more than enough to probably push them over the edge a tad, leave them alone.

:spit:

Muahahahahahahhaha!

I have to add something....when I now look back at it through memories then maybe I was not being kind....I had a buddy pop round mine with some Mary and as we sat in my living room smoking it he noticed I had a budgie, he said did you know if you blow the smoke on a budgie it will get it stoned, so being only 18 at the time and ripped, I started giving my budgie blow backs, nothing happened at all.....as we sat watching TV my buddy started laughing, I said whats up with you, he pointed to my budgie....my budgie was still clasped to its perch but hanging upside down fast asleep lmao, I know it isnt funny, but then again it is funny, ive grown a lot wiser and being 18 seems such a long time ago now, I wouldnt do it again lol

My friend had this dog that I just loathed. Don't ask why but this dog would F with me and I just couldnt stand it. So one day I bought a 1/2lb chocolate bar and I come into the room and the basta'd ate it all, the little silver foil was on the ground with teeth marks in it. But he lived :cool:

Here is a good article on dogs + chocolate:

http://www.dogownersdigest.com/news/library/chocolate-dog-poisoning.shtml

Like the article says, small amounts are not lethal but it's still a bad idea. I personally wouldn't want to feed my dog chocolate because of the known health hazard any more than I would want to start drinking rubbing alchohol to see how much I can ingest without going blind.

My cat loves weed. If I leaving it sitting out, he'll chew on dried buds. I've noticed he doesnt like fire or sparks from lighters, kinda freaks him out. Think he was abused before, bc we picked him up at an animal shelter, so he was really mean, scared and timid for a while. I never forced him to get high tho. That's a little mean, imo.

I blow in his face lightly sometimes tho- he likes it. He comes out of hiding to come sit with me if he smells it burning. So.. I'm inclined to say my cat likes the weed. He even sleeps by my growing plants in the closet sometimes =)

i know many animals that like some reef and i know some that don't.

i think they are like us in a way... some of us smoke... some of us don't..

besides aren't we just big animals anyway

The way I see it is that you are comparing your genetic make up to that of something that you really know nothing about. True you can tell when your animal is happy and when it is not, But can you actually distinguish when your animal is uncomfortable? I hear people say "My dog loves to get high" all of the time.

The fact is, that you do not know what your pet thinks and I think that it is irresponsible to assume that you know.

Ok....Here I go. I just had this thought. All organisms on this planet have a self defense mechanism of or to a sort, right? I do not see animals tearing down marijuana plants to feed.

You might takr this in to consideration when thinking your pet LOVES to get high. It might actrually be toxic to your pet and the mellow acting animal is suffering from some sort of toxicity.

Do some reaserch on plants and see what you came up with....I don't know for a fact but this is an opinion I will stick by. Like it was said in an earlier post "Why would you make someone / something do something against thier will"

You can not tell me that you know your animal loves to smoke weed becouse you don't actually know!

Give your pets a break and let them live their own lives considering that it is so restricted as it is. You would not try to force some one else to smoke weed then why would you force your animal to smoke weed?

I have seen people do thid before and you know what the dog does? He shutters and shakes his head trying to get away from it.....If you force your pet to get high, then I think you are no better then some one who sells crack!

Thats just my 2 cents (stricktly my own opinion). Sorry I kinda had to vent for a sec:cool:

To put it in laymen terms, my dog has never looked me in the eyes and said "can I hit that shirt?".

Latest posts

Back