Is there any UP state New Yorkers here in our MP family?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktownlegend

Col. Red Eyes
Reaction score
I'm actually going to be moving to up state New York near canada for a new job, traveling back and forth from New york to canada. And seeing as how im going to be moving some where, where i'll know only one person and thats gonna be my boss. I was hoping there might be an up state new yorker here in our MP family, so as to possibly be a new friend to a person living in a new and strange place.

Well, I live in "upstate" NY. But not nearly as upstate as being close to Canada. I'm around Yonkers NY, which is close to the City, but is still known as "upstate".

im gonna be moving somewhere in or around Ogdensburg.

Nice up that way, very flat though, different than the rest of the state.

Sure are, just type in "upstate ny" using the search function. In fact, here's one thread dedicated to upstate NY growers.

:fly: Mal C :fly:

Oh Ogdensburg? That's about 6 1/2 hours upstate from where I am....

But hey, if you ever take a trip to NYC, LMK.

It gets a tit bit nipply up there during the winter ;) . If you get bored and want a nice day trip cut through the Adirondacks to Port Kent and then take the Ferry over to Burlington VT. Very nice there!!

well considering im coming from MI it can't be any colder or worse weather than it is here. Good to hear theres a few members of the family out that way. Cuz i gotta feeling im gonna end up the new guy in a new place with no one that i know or anything. so i figure i'd check around ahead of time to see if i might be able to make a new friend or 2 after i move there.

What ya movin so far away from home for? It's probably just as cold or colder. Where I live in Western NY, we get all the lake effect from erie so it kind of sucks.

For a job making 28k - 30k the first year and then a 3k raise every year for the next 5 years. then i get a review to see if i get a promotion and another raise or stay in the same position and get another raise. either way, its going to be well worth the move, not to mention i'll get to travel all over the country and world. The best part though, its a salary based job, so i do the work on my time when i choose as long as it meets deadlines. so i don't have to get out of bed early for anything typically, unless of course theres something that needs to be done. That and i'll be living damn near on the border of canada and the US so i'll be setting up some grows in both.

Im pretty sure i'll be able to do much larger grows in canada outside as well as inside due to the much more laid back views and legal actions toward it. and in the new york i'll be up near the mountains and thats just perfect for outdoor.

Latest posts

Back