Is there such a thing as to many flowers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amrcnbut

Reaction score
This is two white widows in a 4x4 room there's a 430 w HPS light. it got out of hand it's been flowering for 60 days. i cut off about 4 stems because i can't see these buds maturing. If someone here tells me they will mature i'll just let them be or should i trim it some more so there are fewer buds . please answer.
thank-you

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

it is maturing just slowly...are you giving any nutes? does it have the right light cycle of 12/12?

it's under 12/12 i give the plants Tiger Bloom. i follow the directions. But just today i watered them with just water, i thought i'd alternate. up till now i've
always watered them with tiger bloom. this is my 7th grow. i just never had this many flowers on a plant before. you say it's just maturing slowly OK i'll just keep it growing then. thanks for the advice.

that is tons of nutes...I give once a week. not daily lol...is it way diluted? the plant looks sativa/indica mix more sativa so it may take a while to finish.

almost looks like a reveg with those leaves...a huge reveg .

and thats a sativa Domant you are in for a while...what strain?

does it have enough light?? and is it dry when you water you may be over doing it..

Ya know after looking closer ...and reading 2Dog post...it does look like reveg...what do you use for reflective material cuzz ya aint got none in pic? and i see ya said white widow.:p i been smokeing my hash all day its my Birthday:yay: im 18 again:D

you have 2Dog here...ya dont need this clown in here:rofl:

It kind of looks like a healthy version of mgfcom's white widow! I'll see if I can find his picture of his plant :)

lol ya right...:spit: :giggle:

funky looking plants...

He was pulling leaves off the plants and smoking them :) He was too impatient to wait until it matured.

ahhh maybe that explains it....

HI,

:welcome: to MP~! You have quite a lot of wacky, dense growth going on there from the re-veg... Your plant must be suffering from some type of confusion if you've had your plant flowering for 60 days in 12/12 and the flowers are only getting started. I just grew a WW pheno indoors that finished recently at 12 weeks. Your buds have a very long way to go and while I don't like to trim after they start flowering it's probably a good idea for you to thin out 'sucker' branches in the lower 1/3 to half of the plant. The lower growth won't get much light, especially if you don't thin things out. If you do prune your plant, to minimize stress thin out a bit at a time every few days until things are opened up a bit more in the canopy.

Are you SURE that you don't have any light leaks causing confusion during the dark period? Can you get inside your bloom space during lights out to confirm that it's totally dark? Here's some GREEN MOJO for your flowering... It may take another 8+ weeks for the buds to mature at that rate...:confused: And I agree with 4u2smoke... you need to get some reflective material on those walls or at the very least paint the walls flat white... You're losing ALOT of your light's energy with very little if any reflective light coming off the walls to help the outer growth on your plants. If you get some heavy duty plastic 'Panda Film' that is light-proof, black on one side and white on the other, and line the inside of your grow space you'll be AMAZED at how brighter things will be in your room... :cool: You can also put a layer or double layer on the floor to protect against spills and it makes the floor reflective as well... GOOD stuff...

Peace~!:cool:

:yeahthat:

I am thinking light leaks, too. That plant looks like a plant that has been in 12/12 for only a couple of weeks and the reveg type growth is suspect.

Since you are underlit for the area you are flowering in, that reflective material on the walls is especially important.

thanks for all the replys i'll put up some reflective material, and already trimmed it. heck i got a few more veging just waiting to go 12/12

I love that picture Art. Do you think mfgcom would mind if I used that pic for my avatar? I laugh my *** of every time I even think of mfgcom. My girlfriend always wonders what Im laughing at over here on my laptop. I seriously cannot control myself.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Way too funny TFH!

Yeah, I'm down with the 'reveg' idea, 'cause after 60 days there is something majorly wrong there. Another possible idea is that though I have never personally seen it myself, I have heard about a plant that refuses to flower or 'misfires' somehow. Either way I wouldn't fuss with it any more. Especially if you have more on deck ready to go. All I know is your are being held hostage by that crazy,... Thing. Yank that poor sucker, get on with your life and don't look back!:cool:

Life's too short to waste it on weird crap like this:D

I to would ditch that thing...it's not right and if youve already had it in 60 days your lookin at another 8 weeks, unless it keeps doing whatever it is doing. It looks like a re-veg to me to, you have to have light issues.

I would toss them. Get your space in order with the flat white paint, mylar, panda...whatever but something. Get inside your space when lights out and make sure that there is no light coming from anywhere (cause I would bet you have it from somewhere) and move those ones you said you had on deck, on in. Good Luck to you.

Latest posts

Back