Inexpensive bud trimmer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m doing that all the time… so I guess the blades last a while? I can see where neglectful cleaning would not help either. Seems that they would have gotten dull on that last sticky batch I grew. Maybe would have broke it. If it has a washer to hold the blade on, you could try a recessed washer to bring it up a bit more…

a long time unless it is cranked to high speed and hits a hard stem and pop!….they break pretty easy at high speed , at least the ones we used…there may be better quality blades out there now , we used tose salad spinners about 10 yrs ago

so yeah , i will wager the technology is better now
They seem to do a pretty good job. Still, I only have about 4-6 plants ready for harvest at once and would kinda miss the painful pleasure of finishing them by hand trimming. I usually try to break it up to one plant at a time sometimes two a day so I don’t start getting sloppy. There is something about holding each bud that seemed to take forever to grow and give it that last little bit of love before putting it in the jar. Kind of romantic in a weird sort of way... Now if the plant limit goes up in my state I’m gonna wish I would have accepted that SpiderFarmer trimmer they offered me to try 🤪.

They seem to do a pretty good job. Still, I only have about 4-6 plants ready for harvest at once and would kinda miss the painful pleasure of finishing them by hand trimming. I usually try to break it up to one plant at a time sometimes two a day so I don’t start getting sloppy. There is something about holding each bud that seemed to take forever to grow and give it that last little bit of love before putting it in the jar. Kind of romantic in a weird sort of way... Now if the plant limit goes up in my state I’m gonna wish I would have accepted that SpiderFarmer trimmer they offered me to try 🤪.

exactly how i feel

we only used the salad spinners a couple of seasons and it saved us from going completely insane , only 3 of us to hand trim 20-40 lbs

4 salad trimmers made quick work of it all

now i use the bowls for water bowls for the chickens

I’m doing that all the time… so I guess the blades last a while? I can see where neglectful cleaning would not help either. Seems that they would have gotten dull on that last sticky batch I grew. Maybe would have broke it. If it has a washer to hold the blade on, you could try a recessed washer to bring it up a bit more…
The blades are pretty cheap, but they do last a while.

IMG_3131.jpeg

It’s starting to get dark out here.
IMG_3133.jpeg

Ahhhhhhhhhh.

exactly how i feel

we only used the salad spinners a couple of seasons and it saved us from going completely insane , only 3 of us to hand trim 20-40 lbs

4 salad trimmers made quick work of it all

now i use the bowls for water bowls for the chickens
I would probably welcome the salad spinner if I had 40 lbs to trim 🤣

I would probably welcome the salad spinner if I had 40 lbs to trim 🤣

for sure

it is a real grind to hand trim 10-20 lbs by hand with only two people..30-40 days of Fiskars of Fury and Insanity

here i was late october and still trimming……those are 17 gal totes filled with 100% Perlite and they finished good , nice yields too

E4F72CF1-C80A-4A2A-9F8E-51F394841FD8.jpeg

358E287B-AD25-42D4-8107-A5E0E66B322F.jpeg

2B9A42E4-FBBE-4A55-844F-A4B4D23F9EED.jpeg

A friend of mine said he did it part time for extra money in Colorado and it’s the worst job ever. No joking around guys walking by watching you and no radio even. Must have been a hard core place. I’m sure he didn’t do it long. Depending how bad one needs the money. I would definitely not enjoy that for a full time job

A friend of mine said he did it part time for extra money in Colorado and it’s the worst job ever. No joking around guys walking by watching you and no radio even. Must have been a hard core place. I’m sure he didn’t do it long. Depending how bad one needs the money. I would definitely not enjoy that for a full time job

oh it gets crazy

i know some growers up in the Mendo area and this one grower open carries a sidearm when he is supervising trimmers/tweekers

some of thise trimmers would make a years salary in a couple of months if they were good , most would get paid by how many pounds they trimmed versus by the hour

oh it gets crazy

i know some growers up in the Mendo area and this one grower open carries a sidearm when he is supervising trimmers/tweekers

some of thise trimmers would make a years salary in a couple of months if they were good , most would get paid by how many pounds they trimmed versus by the hour
I never thought much about it until I listened to him tell stories about it but I can see having to guard your goods as you do have a lot invested in it at that point. well maybe I could stand it for a couple months if the pay was good and I didn’t have the hands attach to my body as of now 🤣

for sure

it is a real grind to hand trim 10-20 lbs by hand with only two people..30-40 days of Fiskars of Fury and Insanity

here i was late october and still trimming……those are 17 gal totes filled with 100% Perlite and they finished good , nice yields too

View attachment 328611

View attachment 328612

View attachment 328613
Big, what holds the plant up so nice in that perlite? Those bamboo cane poles? What holds the poles in? Seems like they would be loose in that tote. Was this last year? I don’t remember the perlite grow.

Big, what holds the plant up so nice in that perlite? Those bamboo cane poles? What holds the poles in? Seems like they would be loose in that tote. Was this last year? I don’t remember the perlite grow.
Roots kept my tomato plants up last year. The stakes anchored in the roots as well. Getting the perlite back after the plants were gone was a real chore.

a combination of things , mostly held up by the roots , bamboo , and string

mostly the root ball

people are surprised at how well Perlite will do to hold a plant in place

crash magnet knows , bingo!

12B9AFAB-6B59-4CB4-BBBB-B4A7792EB759.jpeg

a combination of things , mostly held up by the roots , bamboo , and string

mostly the root ball

people are surprised at how well Perlite will do to hold a plant in place

crash magnet knows , bingo!

View attachment 328625
That’s a healthy plant and definitely seems to be digging the perlite. Do you think growing in perlite is better or just different?

did your tomato plants do better in perlite than they do in dirt?

everything we have planted in Perlite did better than in dirt

100% Perlite is basically a passive hydroponics system , it is all in the nutrients

we always used GH Micro and Bloom , cal mag , and Bloom Boosters on a regimented feeding program

did your tomato plants do better in perlite than they do in dirt?
I'm growing the same plants this year in 5 gallon fabric pots. They seem to be doing about as well as the ones in the perlite, maybe a little better. I had too many plants in the perlite, though, six plants in a 27 gallon tote. The crowding caused all sorts of problems.

Latest posts

Back