Is this bud rot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also try and find Strains that do better in those moist conditions. Sativa's do better in moist conditions. They are tall with narrow leaves.

Have you found any inch worms on the plant...sometimes the green worm will do that to a bud from the inside out.

I had a grow a few years back,everything was on track,plants were 6 to seven feet.A week of rain and a lax(and cocky)attitude about prevention,and the entire grow was toast,20 plants into the trash.A valuable lesson, albeit an expensive one.If you keep getting bud rot,maybe time to chop it,and save what you can.FYI auto's get various molds as well.

I was thinking the autos would be finished before our late summer/early fall damp cooler weather kicked in and avoid the conditions most favourable to the rot.

Have you found any inch worms on the plant...sometimes the green worm will do that to a bud from the inside out.

No, I haven’t seen any inchworms or other insects, except for some fruit flies stuck in the good sticky stuff. The inchworms I have seen on my property tend to like rose bushes and usually end up flatter than when I first see them.

Thanks for the encouragement peoples. I’m thinking an auto flower may be the way to go next year, what does everyone think? A small greenhouse to put them out of the rain may be an option too, although I have little room and the spot I have to put it may have too much stray light at night.
This is the place to learn all these folks here are wonderful help

If you inspect that bud or others with the bud rot, do you see any evidence of caterpillars? (holes, **** etc.) Some of your buds look fine and some are destroyed, usually a caterpillar has made a hole in the bud, it forms the bud rot but other buds are unaffected unless spores or the caterpillar reach them too.

I did not see any caterpillars, just rot.
I cut the 2 bubba kush down yesterday, what was left of them anyway. I inspected the buds closely on every branch before hanging them to dry. Found a few more bad buds.

Just today, I found a small amount of rot on the tip of the main cola and another prominent bud of my really healthy looking white widow. It was a runt in May and I was going to discard. I cut off the rot and will hope for the best.
Pics from Last Friday September 25

Attachments

• ACBCE583-2A7C-4D6C-A392-1A673422E18D.jpeg
    ACBCE583-2A7C-4D6C-A392-1A673422E18D.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 9
  • E502DE6E-0BA4-4D8C-830E-924169D2C284.jpeg
    E502DE6E-0BA4-4D8C-830E-924169D2C284.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 10
  • 19732105-EF1B-4109-8DCB-2400B80167C2.jpeg
    19732105-EF1B-4109-8DCB-2400B80167C2.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: