Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16CEE3D9-4E65-418B-B7BD-77BF51F5C688.jpeg

You must have some plans this summer that will take you away from the grow. Where are you going big?

pacific northwest

Swede was born and raised there , all her family is there , she has great grandchildren that she has not seen yet

plus she has some land up there that needs some work

so yeah , i have been holed up here going on 14 years now and it is time for Swede to enjoy her family and her childhood home

i will be playing golf , learning how to sail , pan for gold on her property where her great grampa struck it rich , and fishing!…
.lots of fishing

so yeah , that is the plan

and if it all goes well , here is a song that describes my dream

pacific northwest

Swede was born and raised there , all her family is there , she has great grandchildren that she has not seen yet

plus she has some land up there that needs some work

so yeah , i have been holed up here going on 14 years now and it is time for Swede to enjoy her family and her childhood home

i will be playing golf , learning how to sail , pan for gold on her property where her great grampa struck it rich , and fishing!…
.lots of fishing

so yeah , that is the plan

and if it all goes well , here is a song that describes my dream

Sounds like a fun adventure and next chapter in your life.🥰

those too

only thing in the ground is the garlic we planted last fall

but yeah , when i say no garden , that covers it all
So are you going to let ALL the volunteers that come up grow out? My best tomato plants last season were volunteers.

tomato tree.jpg

Unseasonably warm hear among the oaktrees. Get to fix exhaust leaks and rat damage on some trucks. Then oil leaks on a simi...

More coffee

its gonna take a herculean effort to pull it off and a lot of help from the Good Lord

we were gonna do this 2 years ago and then this covid B S threw a monkey wrench into our plans

we can see the future a little more clear now so we will pull the trigger

did i use enough clichés ?

So are you going to let ALL the volunteers that come up grow out? My best tomato plants last season were volunteers.

View attachment 317644

Unseasonably warm hear among the oaktrees. Get to fix exhaust leaks and rat damage on some trucks. Then oil leaks on a simi...

More coffee

hahahahahha!

funny you should mention that

the garden is at what i call my bunkhouse and Swede and i stay at her place for the time being

so my plan is to sell the bunkhouse and use that cash to buy the sailboat

so yeah , whoever buys the property gets the volunteers

like you , some of our volunteers have been a pleasant surprise

Pacific Northwest is a beautiful part of our country. I’ve been fortunate to have traveled there as we had a sister sub base on that side and I always took extra time to visit the differences there. The culture mix there is nice I think compared to most areas I’ve visited in the US. They do have their specific issues there as we all do but I think most folks would fit in there. I think this sounds like a great adventure. The seafood and other delicious food and sweets from all cultures are abundant there too so you will love that part. I’m so happy for you and Swede 💕

thanks for the kind words and yes it is spectacular up there!

was the sub base in Port Angeles cause that is where her property is which her great grandparents settled a long time ago

her property and her sisters own property on both sides of hers

the creek running through her land and where we will be panning for the shiney

C135321B-316B-4D72-BB3B-9E9BD3BE9001.jpeg

FB843CC0-F602-4F44-A721-2D9DCC78C24A.jpeg

A0AFB12F-9771-430B-8D50-946733BAC854.jpeg

Hoo Boy! I spent ten fargin hours straight yestiddy editing a novel. I am gonna do about the same today. Just blew about an hour here catching up with all that is going down.

This novel's title is "A Polished Arrow". One great difficulty in editing a really good novel: You slip unawares from editing to reading... and when you come to your senses, you realize you haveta go back and re-read it without "listening".
What's the book about Walt?

Pacific Northwest is a beautiful part of our country. I’ve been fortunate to have traveled there as we had a sister sub base on that side and I always took extra time to visit the differences there. The culture mix there is nice I think compared to most areas I’ve visited in the US. They do have their specific issues there as we all do but I think most folks would fit in there. I think this sounds like a great adventure. The seafood and other delicious food and sweets from all cultures are abundant there too so you will love that part. I’m so happy for you and Swede 💕
Still beautiful but not as nice as it was a decade ago, because of the unchecked crime and burgeoning homelessness population's trash clogging once pristine spaces.

thanks for the kind words and yes it is spectacular up there!

was the sub base in Port Angeles cause that is where her property is which her great grandparents settled a long time ago

Silverdale, Wa Trident Refit Facility, Bangor
her property and her sisters own property on both sides of hers

the creek running through her land and where we will be panning for the shiney

View attachment 317651

View attachment 317646

View attachment 317648

Latest posts

Back