Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need help with a food thing, and don't know where to put this. It's not weed related and we don't have a non-weed food forum. But everybody here eats, and weed gives some folks the munchies, so I'm asking the opinions of you stoners' palates. ;)

Sunday, I made pork tenderloin and roasted potatoes on the grill. This is about the potatoes. Cubed them up, tossed them in avocado oil, stirred in a package of French's Dried Onion Soup mix and put them in a baking pan.

Well, I was having trouble keeping the heat up high enough (windy/chilly) without keeping them over direct heat, so it was a bit of a juggling act, stirring them and keeping them at optimal temp. The 'taters took forever, and never did get really well done...but in the process of shuffling the pan around and stirring the potatoes multiple times, a whole bunch of the dried onion got really well browned. So I salvaged it. I got a full 1/3 C of crispy crunchy fried onion pieces that were smoked in apple and citrus smoke for a little over an hour. Those things are freaking DELICIOUS! Mouth. Watering.

I need ideas for using them. Anybody? I know it's silly, but humor me, please. Ya' can't buy crunchies that taste like these things do, and I don't wanna waste them. Thanks! Or...nevermind if you don't want to respond. :p
I'd toss some salt on 'em and eat 'em as they are!

Next time you make 'em on the grill, put oil or a pad of butter on some aluminum foil, triple wrap the 'taters after adding diced up onions, and toss the foil on the grill. It's kinda like a hobo dinner.

I need help with a food thing, and don't know where to put this. It's not weed related and we don't have a non-weed food forum. But everybody here eats, and weed gives some folks the munchies, so I'm asking the opinions of you stoners' palates. ;)

Sunday, I made pork tenderloin and roasted potatoes on the grill. This is about the potatoes. Cubed them up, tossed them in avocado oil, stirred in a package of French's Dried Onion Soup mix and put them in a baking pan.

Well, I was having trouble keeping the heat up high enough (windy/chilly) without keeping them over direct heat, so it was a bit of a juggling act, stirring them and keeping them at optimal temp. The 'taters took forever, and never did get really well done...but in the process of shuffling the pan around and stirring the potatoes multiple times, a whole bunch of the dried onion got really well browned. So I salvaged it. I got a full 1/3 C of crispy crunchy fried onion pieces that were smoked in apple and citrus smoke for a little over an hour. Those things are freaking DELICIOUS! Mouth. Watering.

I need ideas for using them. Anybody? I know it's silly, but humor me, please. Ya' can't buy crunchies that taste like these things do, and I don't wanna waste them. Thanks! Or...nevermind if you don't want to respond. :p
If they are that good you might consider having them for desert.

1702423389994.png

Latest posts

Back