Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree , did I miss that?
Front and rear pads can wear different, but the lines will all clog if one is starting to do so withing a short time.
If a customer insisted that I only repair one side, I'd refuse the job and send them packing. Pads, rotors, drums, hardware, calipers and wheel cylinders, always in pairs. If I couldn't do a thorough job, I'd refuse it. Brake repair ain't a guessing game.

If Mr. Customer is too cheap to fix it right, I'll let Half-Assed Harry's Half-Assed Auto Repair down the road deal with the eventual headaches of returns and complaints for issues not addressed properly - not to mention the potential for liability in case of a component failure - even if it wasn't replaced (or even touched), the chorus song will be "But you were the last one that worked on it!"

In court, mechanics are not in a place of high favor. I never had to go to court, but I knew a couple guys that did - even when they've done nothing wrong or illegal, courts will decide against a mechanic.

If a customer insisted that I only repair one side, I'd refuse the job and send them packing. Pads, rotors, drums, hardware, calipers and wheel cylinders, always in pairs. If I couldn't do a thorough job, I'd refuse it. Brake repair ain't a guessing game.

If Mr. Customer is too cheap to fix it right, I'll let Half-Assed Harry's Half-Assed Auto Repair down the road deal with the eventual headaches of returns and complaints for issues not addressed properly - not to mention the potential for liability in case of a component failure - even if it wasn't replaced (or even touched), the chorus song will be "But you were the last one that worked on it!"

In court, mechanics are not in a place of high favor. I never had to go to court, but I knew a couple guys that did - even when they've done nothing wrong or illegal, courts will decide against a mechanic.
One side is diff than one axle front or rear, I have done my fronts more than my rears
Disc wear fater than drums Is what I have found . (on trucks anyway)

One issue with replacing just one side is uneven braking. The last thing you want is to jerk one way or the other under hard braking.

Last edited:
1702573937670.png

Latest posts

Back