Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Daddy built me a street racer. It was made with 2x4's, baby coach wheels, a wooden crate.

I steered it with reins (!) and my feet.

Now, before one of you starts thinkin' about "Hoohah! No motor, eh? Kid's toy."

Roses are red, violets are blue. I've got five fingers, the middle one's for you.

Try this: This was in the Forties. A motor was not needed: Gravity was cheap, and far more dependable. Helmets were not even worn by fighter pilots. The runway for my street racer was dubbed, "Suicide Hill".

Lemme describe Suicide Hill. Model T drivers had to get a run going to get up the hill. TINS. BTW: Old cars -- even old by our kid standards at the time -- were common at that time. Remember: No cars were manufactured during the war. I saw cars with wooden spokes.

Back to Suicide Hill: It took forever to pull the racer to the top (1/4 mile). But once there, I'd be eager to climb into the seat/crate, carefully raise one foot at a time to the steering bar, and sorta lean forward...

...And off I'd go. It was important to stay in one "lane" <-- Not a paved road. The "lanes" were where the left/right tires of all vehicles went.

Within five seconds, the wind would cause tears to stream back. The world became a shaking blur***

***A good way to picture it is to look at WWII strafing films, where they vibrate and blur.

I dunno what speed the racer got to... fast enough to get kilt, fer sure -- but it was livin' on the edge, no error!

My record was three turns. Most of the time it was one and done. Even at that tender age, I knew I wuz casting dice.
lilrascalsani.gif

Good morning everyone. 😊
I bet you say that to all the boys .....
On second thought I meant it in a funny way and by no means want you to misconstrue you into thinking it was meant as a derogatory comment !
I saw a sub get commissioned if that helps you to find it in your heart to forgive me .;) The dos si do done me in !

Last edited:
On second thought I meant it in a funny way and by no means want you to misconstrue you into thinking it was meant as a derogatory comment !
I saw a sub get commissioned if that helps you to find it in your heart to forgive me .;) The dos si do done me in !
1649338894199.png

Sure ya did

Im so glad to hear it was the dosidos. That just happens to be my new strain for this season and I hope it will soon do me in too 😜
CBC7E800-9E95-4C97-A836-4174ED7BA2F8.jpeg

Thank you big. Yes they all are looking pretty good except I may have to kill my mischievous black cat who has suddenly taken a liking to reefer leaves. I’m thinking about another two x four tent. I found room in my laundry room for one (just have to put some blackout curtains up) I could zip up and run fans in but have no means of ventilation exit except for maybe tieing into my current dryer vent. I’ve been considering an additional veg tent for a while now my cat Cleo just upped the priority. I only plan to veg in the tent so maybe I can get away with it without a vent system as long as my lights are cool.

Thank you big. Yes they all are looking pretty good except I may have to kill my mischievous black cat who has suddenly taken a liking to reefer leaves. I’m thinking about another two x four tent. I found room in my laundry room for one (just have to put some blackout curtains up) I could zip up and run fans in but have no means of ventilation exit except for maybe tieing into my current dryer vent. I’ve been considering an additional veg tent for a while now my cat Cleo just upped the priority. I only plan to veg in the tent so maybe I can get away with it without a vent system as long as my lights are cool.
I would personally not try to tie into your dryer vent IMHO. You may introduce lint in places you may not want lint ( unlikely) but short change your dryers ability to blast out the humid dryer air .This is my opinion and not necessarily the opinion of this group and as always your mileage will vary ....
edit #1 you did not ask for my opinion . just cant help my self ....

Dang my black cat Cleo is taking a liking to the gorilla glue plant. She knows better but is a sneaky ***** View attachment 293293

Alas sweet Melissa eats my cannabis plants, so I can no longer grow in the rear courtyard/catio. The rest of the yard is visible to the public, so I had to finish my last grow at a friends house and give him half.

Always wanted a mini bike when I was a kid. Dad wouldn't buy us one. He was afraid that we would cause him to pay med bills. Tight B turd... I showed my boys how to build things. We built gasbikes and go carts. Guess what??? Not a single med bill.

View attachment 293344View attachment 293345

Dad wouldn't let me buy one, so I built my own scooter and go carts. He cited the same concerns and forced me to dismantle and sell my scooter in parts after the friend I was riding with head-on-ed a 57 Chevy with his Cushman Eagle and died a few days later from brain hemorrhaging.

My first go cart was out of wood with a two-cylinder Maytag washing machine engine powering it. My first scooter was a Briggs and Straton engine from a power concrete trowel and second was a 5 hp Cushman engine.

That lady has thighs like Herschel Walker from the Dallas Cowboys.

Careful how you talk about Roster's mother pops....................

41F @ 85% RH, rain with 7 mph winds and predicted to reach 44F.

I received the 3/4" marine plywood I needed and installed the mounting pads for the flower box braces. Today I'll seal them with paint and install the braces themselves.

The trim I picked up won't work, so I'll pick up a stick of treated 2 X 4 and will make my own with a table saw and router. Probably not today because of the rain and my dislike of lying on the cold wet ground to clear out the old, rotted trim and fit in a new one. Even in foul weather gear it is cold and clammy.

A close friend is in a bad space and is seeing a therapist as well as getting lots of physical exercise, so is doing all the right things, but yesterday after wrecking his new electric trike, he quit answering calls, so I put him on suicide watch and showed up at his door. An apology email from him this morning, but I continue to worry about him.

I would personally not try to tie into your dryer vent IMHO. You may introduce lint in places you may not want lint ( unlikely) but short change your dryers ability to blast out the humid dryer air .This is my opinion and not neccarily the opinion of this group and as always your mileage will vary ....
I really didnt plan to and hope that I won’t need to vent. Just need a place for them to veg out until my flower tent or outdoor timing is right. Right now my veg area is a open area with a pole four head led light. The plants are ok with vegging under it but now I have double the plants imagine that…and need more room as I find myself sorta hoarding plants and wanting to try new species. I know I gotta get a hold of myself and face reality… I just know I will soon have an orphanage here…I just got these girl crush seeds just after reading boos luck with them. See I’m a sucker in this new hobby and maybe a bit of a reefer addict if you believe in such a thing…
68BFDF3E-F1C6-4158-81A7-F902624D60B6.jpeg

Alas sweet Melissa eats my cannabis plants, so I can no longer grow in the rear courtyard/catio. The rest of the yard is visible to the public, so I had to finish my last grow at a friends house and give him half.

Dad wouldn't let me buy one, so I built my own scooter and go carts. He cited the same concerns and forced me to dismantle and sell my scooter in parts after the friend I was riding with head-on-ed a 57 Chevy with his Cushman Eagle and died a few days later from brain hemorrhaging.

My first go cart was out of wood with a two-cylinder Maytag washing machine engine powering it. My first scooter was a Briggs and Straton engine from a power concrete trowel and second was a 5 hp Cushman engine.

41F @ 85% RH, rain with 7 mph winds and predicted to reach 44F.

I received the 3/4" marine plywood I needed and installed the mounting pads for the flower box braces. Today I'll seal them with paint and install the braces themselves.

The trim I picked up won't work, so I'll pick up a stick of treated 2 X 4 and will make my own with a table saw and router. Probably not today because of the rain and my dislike of lying on the cold wet ground to clear out the old, rotted trim and fit in a new one. Even in foul weather gear it is cold and clammy.

A close friend is in a bad space and is seeing a therapist as well as getting lots of physical exercise, so is doing all the right things, but yesterday after wrecking his new electric trike, he quit answering calls, so I put him on suicide watch and showed up at his door. An apology email from him this morning, but I continue to worry about him.
My Mama would have popped his head like a grape if she wanted LOL

7771BA50-790A-4531-96B9-6728AE04E163.jpeg

my temporary fix but she’s already got her own ideas

Latest posts

Back