Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pacman_multi_agent.png

I for one have never played a video game...:eek:
Me too, they have never kept my interest we didn’t have them as kids and I was into other stuff when I got older. My youngest grandson (10) wants so bad for me to be interested in his Nintendo switch game too. He explains it to me in such detail too…

Some of my favorite video games there....thanks for the memories. I could get through all 9 keys on pac man. Just had to know the pattern. Donkey Kong and misstle comand we're on the list as well.

Still do the hand and eye thing....9-ball and ling pong.

Remember Ping Pong? The first video game.

In October 1958, Physicist William Higinbotham created what is thought to be the first video game. It was a very simple tennis game, similar to the classic 1970s video game Pong, and it was quite a hit at a Brookhaven National Laboratory open house.

The Magnavox Odyssey, known as the first console video game system, was released in 1972 and offered a game of table tennis, or Ping-Pong. Atari founder Nolan Bushnell created Pong, his version of this concept, as an arcade game

View attachment 302342
The game was called, "Pong". I had one.

I for one have never played a video game...:eek:
Now that susprises the heck outa me. Although I 'spect you missed something you'da liked.

One of the benefits to the game player was greatly increased hand-eye coordination. Even logical thinking <-- for that was the primary part of many of the non-arcade games.

One game I had that my son Puck and I played as a team was so complex and fun and often timed segments we got so drawn in, we had a fargin school notebook recording known data <-- Constantly referred-to. It took us about a month to get to the end.

So we got the next one -- same result: Logic, attention to detail, excitement, adrenaline, planning, and mostly flat-out fun.

Morning Islanders. Laying here checking my messages before I gets my ass up and ready for work. Lazy bastards,,,get your asses to work.
No time for video games.😁
I like playing spin the bottle but I had to quit because Roster kept showing up with his eyes closed and lips puckered up wanting to play.
🤪😂😂😂

Remember Ping Pong? The first video game.

In October 1958, Physicist William Higinbotham created what is thought to be the first video game. It was a very simple tennis game, similar to the classic 1970s video game Pong, and it was quite a hit at a Brookhaven National Laboratory open house.

The Magnavox Odyssey, known as the first console video game system, was released in 1972 and offered a game of table tennis, or Ping-Pong. Atari founder Nolan Bushnell created Pong, his version of this concept, as an arcade game

View attachment 302342

I played Pong a couple times and a bike racing game once with grandsons, but I've never had any real interest in video games. I did good at Pong and my grandsons cleaned my clock racing...................... Next day I whipped all three grandsons fencing foil, and taught them to knap obsidian blades and valentines, so I figure we're even.

I wonder what their grandsons will be teaching them and vice versa........................??

Gooode morning brothers and sisters! 62F @ 86% RH, partially cloudy and predicted to reach 67F.

Breakfast out this morning at Gravy with Grayfox and friends.

Invited to a roundtable discussion of Mystery Oil and the Medusa Stone in Eugene Sunday, so reviewing old records. A party afterwards with good folks, good food and a sampling of concentrates provided by various labs in attendance.

good morning all you Cool Cats

lots of rain yesterday and day before , an anomaly around here

will be spraying the plants this morning as a preventative

and then it’s over to the county seat to meet up with some more seniors and eat some orange chicken

off to the Salt Mines!

good morning all you Cool Cats

lots of rain yesterday and day before , an anomaly around here

will be spraying the plants this morning as a preventative

and then it’s over to the county seat to meet up with some more seniors and eat some orange chicken

off to the Salt Mines!
Sounds like a good day plan. The plants loved the rain I’m sure. 💕

Latest posts

Back