Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got sleepy early last night. Both of us were in bed (Herself reading) by 8:30. That meant, I knew, that I would be up at 3:00.

Yup. Do the arithmetic: 6.5 hours <-- Thass the average time I sleep at night.

So... here I yam. And the last guy outa here left the door open.

It rained all day yestiddy. This is a good thing, becuz things were getting dry as a popcorm fart around here. But as a corallary, my wild/tame peacock brothers decided to lay down on the cool concrete floor of my garage as they stayed out of the rain.

The Fabled PC saw this first and called me to take a look. Two fabulous giant wild birdies sorta nesting on my garage floor, awake -- but clearly drowsy. Now how many folks get the privilege of completely non-threatening, beautiful wildies trusting you so much?

Ah. The privilege... of noting upon their wandering out after the rain stopped that both of them had taken two enormous dumps right next to the driver's side of the car. !!@#%!

Good morning Island denizens!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
dog3.gif
german-shepherd.gif
dogwalk.gif
dcat.gif

Cloudy with rain today, starting at 41F and predicted to reach 50F.

Got the new Jeep GCL through DEQ and made an appointment Thursday to get through DMV for the title and tags.

Reservations for Turkey dinner out at Huber's with friends tonight, celebrating Thanksgiving early as Thanksgiving Day has long been reserved and sold out.

This will be the first year in over 40, that we haven't served Thanksgiving dinner at our house for family. This year no one is in good enough shape to attend.........

Good morning Island denizens!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
dog3.gif
german-shepherd.gif
dogwalk.gif
dcat.gif

Cloudy with rain today, starting at 41F and predicted to reach 50F.

Got the new Jeep GCL through DEQ and made an appointment Thursday to get through DMV for the title and tags.

Reservations for Turkey dinner out at Huber's with friends tonight, celebrating Thanksgiving early as Thanksgiving Day has long been reserved and sold out.

This will be the first year in over 40, that we haven't served Thanksgiving dinner at our house for family. This year no one is in good enough shape to attend.........
What is DEQ, an inspection station? Morning

We got sleepy early last night. Both of us were in bed (Herself reading) by 8:30. That meant, I knew, that I would be up at 3:00.

Yup. Do the arithmetic: 6.5 hours <-- Thass the average time I sleep at night.

So... here I yam. And the last guy outa here left the door open.

It rained all day yestiddy. This is a good thing, becuz things were getting dry as a popcorm fart around here. But as a corallary, my wild/tame peacock brothers decided to lay down on the cool concrete floor of my garage as they stayed out of the rain.

The Fabled PC saw this first and called me to take a look. Two fabulous giant wild birdies sorta nesting on my garage floor, awake -- but clearly drowsy. Now how many folks get the privilege of completely non-threatening, beautiful wildies trusting you so much?

Ah. The privilege... of noting upon their wandering out after the rain stopped that both of them had taken two enormous dumps right next to the driver's side of the car. !!@#%!
A little pile of shit now and then is a small price to pay for all the love and comradery those birds bring ya, IMHO. Having wildies enjoy your company is kinda heartwarming and soothing to the soul. :)

I don’t normally do very well with naps, but I’m going to give it a try this afternoon. I went to the gym and had a good work out but I just feel drained and I’m not going to fight it today… I got my neck popped by the chiropractor after gym and now I’m going to rest my mind

Well, we do not leave the conn unmanned.

Here I yam at Oh Three Sumpin. We have a crazy wind going right now. I pulled up the Ventusky site; winds gusting to 51 MPH. Jeez.

I noticed the light on my flagpole was out. But it wasn't -- the flagpole is BENT.

And I have a big 3' gong at the front door with a sign: "For Walt and Betty, ring the doorbell. To summon the Dragon, use the gong."

Anyway, it is in a sorta alcove... but that is not stopping the crazy wind from getting in there enough to make the gong go "bong" at odd intervals as it gets blown into its holding frame.

Looks like I will haveta get a new flagpole.
my street.jpg

The one that just got bent is in the same place as this pic, but is 5' longer. But the wind direction is straight down the road, so the flag is sorta across my driveway right now. Rats ass.

Last edited:

Here I yam at Oh Three Sumpin. We have a crazy wind going right now. I pulled up the Ventusky site; winds gusting to 51 MPH. Jeez.

I noticed the light on my flagpole was out. But it wasn't -- the flagpole is BENT.

And I have a big 3' gong at the front door with a sign: "For Walt and Betty, ring the doorbell. To summon the Dragon, use the gong."

Anyway, it is in a sorta alcove... but that is not stopping the crazy wind from getting in there enough to make the gong go "bong" at odd intervals as it gets blown into its holding frame.

View attachment 346850
The one that just got bent is in the same place as this pic, but is 5' longer. But the wind direction is straight down the road, so the flag is sorta across my driveway right now. Rats ass.
Pisses me off that I can count the amt of flags flown on my block on one hand.
Some fly others "its whatever season flag".
Dont care what they fly , should only be second to the American flag.
That goes for any flag

Merry Thor's Day brothers and sisters of the Island! All hail Thor, lord of the realm!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A double gaugus clear day predicted here, starting at 39F and predicted to soar to 53F.

Turkey dinner with trimmings out at Huber's was not as tasty as I dreamed of, but the company was good, and we had a good time. Miss Layla and Melissa were both more than willing to gleefully polish off turkey and dressing leftovers, adding the perfect finish to a lovely evening.

Off to DMV today to get the title transferred and new tags for our latest Jeep.

Portland teachers strike still in full swing across the street in the park, replete with drums, shouts, and car horns. Praying for settlement or rain................

Thor.jpg

View attachment 346850
You gettin' any of that rain, Unca?

Latest posts

Back