Jacks classic with micro nutes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, I wasn't calling you stupid, that's just the acronym.

I would stick with the Jack's, since all you will need to add is the Blossom Booster for flower and perhaps some Epsom Salts or cal/mag.

For the organics, I am already at 6 different things and still need more as I learn. They are: Worm Castings (my own worm bin), Alfalfa meal, bone meal, blood meal, fish emulsion and kelp meal.

With where your plants are at now, the Jack's seems to be the simplest FOR THIS GROW.

I would take clones and start with the organics using them. The NH is a good start, but seems to be only that, a start. See how it works out, perhaps a whole grow is good with liquid organic nutes.

Also have heard good things about Blue Mountain Organics.

My direction is slightly different, wanting to use slow release organics in my mix with only the addition of teas as needed ah la Subcools soil mix.

Or, perhaps a combo of the two? I really don't know and am learning as I go along.

Once you have this grow going well, and moms and clones, then you have the luxury to experiment.

DD

Droopy...if you have access to all that at your feed & seed, you won't have any use for the FF stuff I spoke of...what you described haveing access to is the same thing in the FF Peace of Mind minus the guano...you'd probably be better off just ordering it on line.

I did get my own guano one yr. A buddy of mine's dad had an old barn with hundreds of bats in it, the crap was 6" deep on the floor of the loft. The only problem with this was I didn't know what this guano was rich in...you know, wether it was high (N) or (P)...but I still used it in a tea form, and worked great on my outdoor plants. You can't beat FREE...lol.

There's a very experienced grower on the rollitup forum that goes by Uncle Ben, he recommends Jack's and he goes into a great deal of detail about why. Very interesting reading if you have some time.

Thanks droopy, its a done deal, i only gave a qtr jacks nutes and think im burnin them already i didnt give them a full water with any drainage because the soil was still pretty moist should i have?...or im paranoid, i dont know we'll see.......

Trophy1- I cant find this forum im looking!!!! Thanks though nice first grow too man did well with MG, i cant get around thinking im gonna burn them since ive had those issues with it.

stinkyelements said:
Thanks droopy, its a done deal, i only gave a qtr jacks nutes and think im burnin them already i didnt give them a full water with any drainage because the soil was still pretty moist should i have?...or im paranoid, i dont know we'll see.......

Trophy1- I cant find this forum im looking!!!! Thanks though nice first grow too man did well with MG, i cant get around thinking im gonna burn them since ive had those issues with it.

1st off, always give them a good watering before the nutes. If the roots aren't good and wet, even 1/4 strength will burn and not just Jack's.

I'm of the heavy watering (like 30% runoff), and let them dry school. Almost like a mini flush with each watering. If you don't know it yet, learn the wet bucket/dry bucket method instead of a schedule.

Outside was easy, I would do a heavy watering and then do my nutes the following day.

Inside has been more problematic since it seems I only need to water once a week. So now I do sort of a combo deal.

What I do first is water well, runoff and all. Then I let the plants drain for several hours, then do my nutes also to runoff. Get that stuff in there so all the medium gets some.

For me anyway, I've found that a gallon of 1/4 strength solution (say in a 5 gallon bucket), works better than a qt of 1/2 strength or full strength in the same bucket. Whatever it takes to get a good runoff and the nutes all the way to the bottom of the mix.

This is something you are going to have to tailor to your situation and set up. You also don't have to be religious about nutes weekly. If it takes your plants 10 days to dry, then water and nute on a 10 day schedule.

Do things as your plants need them, not what the calendar or the label says. The girls will let you know what they want and when they want it. Listen to them.

I agree with trophy_1, Uncle Ben is a very experienced grower and he and I are on the same page in most things. Probably a commercial greenhouse operator or the like and really good info. It's rollitup.org Be also advised though, that some of the worst, misguided, and just plain wrong information I have ever seen is also on that site.:ignore:

Above all, have fun.

DD

trophy1- thank you i found it good info.

Droopy- thanks again man on the watering advice.

I just checked on them and im giving them a little flush but this is neverending, the roots are coming out through the bottom of the pot its in a 3gal.....they look really healthy but i cant transplant again....
:confused:

I agree Droopy tons of good info and alot of bad on the RIU forum. Just have to learn how to sift thru it all. Lots a lot of good info to get started in hydro....

Latest posts

Back