Just smoked some moldy weed: a report ITT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW...so he's still not back??? i hope 'ems doin' alright, i'd hate to hear of the first death from marijuana.?...but anyways i was wondering if mites/webs that occur from spider mite infestation is as harmful as mold and fungus..??? and what's the options if your harvest is cursed with these tiny mites and webs???

tn_toker420 said:
WOW...so he's still not back??? i hope 'ems doin' alright, i'd hate to hear of the first death from marijuana.?...but anyways i was wondering if mites/webs that occur from spider mite infestation is as harmful as mold and fungus..??? and what's the options if your harvest is cursed with these tiny mites and webs???

Thats good question bro might have to post a thread dedicated to it. So the pro green thumbers can help.

i wonder,
would making budder and eating it be very bad? (surely it couldn't be as bad as smoking it)

*i've never cooked with it personally.. always wanted to though.

ive had outdoor crops with them webs on them.i just pulled them off,ive had plants with the white spots all over the leaves also.i noticed that the buds that had them webs originally on them had more of a sour smell to them after i dryed and cured em..they were from bagseed but they smoked good and tasted good.i didnt get sick from smokin it or anything,but i wouldnt rate that anywhere near mold...molds a whole nother level. (i.m.o.) my uncles friend was growing mushrooms and had found some mold forming in one of his jars so he just tossed it in the corner of of a cabinet.6 months later he started getting very sick,well to make a long story short,he ended up opening up the cabinet and noticed he had left a contaminated jar in there from his "mycology project",after he disposed of it,his flu systems stopped and so far hes been good ever since,but either way..molds serious.-peace

Yeah mold can mess you up. You could possibly even die from being exposed to certain types of mold. And tn_toker420 his death wouldn't be attributed to smoking marijuana, but to injesting mold and being a..... I'll let you insert whichever word you like there :)

You're right tater...But i'm sure if word ever got out pertaining to this subject, It would be the weed's fault...I'm sure, but we all do know he's a watchamacallit...

tn_toker420 said:
You're right tater...But i'm sure if word ever got out pertaining to this subject, It would be the weed's fault...I'm sure, but we all do know he's a watchamacallit...

Your so right bro. They blame MJ as the main cause. lol

hey you still alive bro? Mold is very nasty stuff indeed, just breathing in spores can do so much damage, believe me. I lived in a house at uni that had a bathroom covered in mold and it took most of the year until the landlord did anything about it. Don't know how smoking it effects the spores, but ouch thats gotta be a harsh smoke!

lol guys, thanks for wondering if I was still breathing!

(scary story actually, was workin at the pool watching all these ******* little punks swim around and act like bitches to each other, from my POV anyway, and this one girl had to get pulled out cuz she was almost drowning! had to call EMS and everything. was intense cuz i was the first responder >.<)

yeah, after i blazed in my bubbler with the suspicious dank, ive been A OK. actually, was kinda thinkin about doin it tonight lol! :hitchair:

the many worried responses has changed my mind otherwise!

and it smoked fine! didnt taste shabby, one hit and i was mad lit. only smoked a very small bowl. but water curing away as i type. hmm... pics of mystery bud uploading tonight

hey i'm really glad to hear from ya...I had an entirely different picture in my head than that lol...But you're ok and that's all that matters, other than you staying away from the fungus!!!!

yo man good to hear you ok and all!!! After that water cure I woulda said it'd be fine so smoke away bro smoke away! As long as it don't taste bad and make your lungs sore. It doesn't sound like its too bad.

Was this street green or home grown?

but anyways i was wondering if mites/webs that occur from spider mite infestation is as harmful as mold and fungus..??? and what's the options if your harvest is cursed with these tiny mites and webs???

I would just pull em off, and I have heard that the silk in the web burns at a higher temp, and can damage your throat or lungs. Other than that I don't think it can be bad "chemically".

honeybear said:
lol guys, thanks for wondering if I was still breathing!

(scary story actually, was workin at the pool watching all these ******* little punks swim around and act like bitches to each other, from my POV anyway, and this one girl had to get pulled out cuz she was almost drowning! had to call EMS and everything. was intense cuz i was the first responder >.<)

yeah, after i blazed in my bubbler with the suspicious dank, ive been A OK. actually, was kinda thinkin about doin it tonight lol! :hitchair:

the many worried responses has changed my mind otherwise!

and it smoked fine! didnt taste shabby, one hit and i was mad lit. only smoked a very small bowl. but water curing away as i type. hmm... pics of mystery bud uploading tonight

It's alive . lol I so glad your ok bro.

back in the day i found the biggest bud i had ever seen in my moms room. i pinched that thing for months, literally. until she found it and made a big deal. she said she hadnt smoked it because it was moldy ,,, i thought it was just some bomb looking weed .... it got me higher than ever, but i always remember this weight in my lungs after smoking it. never affected me in the long run though.

Talk about back in the day. When I started smoking herb back in 67 or so basically it was either Mexican or Columbian that we bought by the pound. I believe the old days these pounds were pressed together with Coka Cola, or some sort of liquid. Plus very rarely did this "swag" have a nice smell. It was usually different variations of mold that made up the smell of these classic "dirt weeds". So with that in mind, I probably smoked some form of mold from 67 to about mid 70's. Then is when I first smoked Hawaiian grown cannabis too. Herbs with the names like "Golden Voice", "Elephant Weed", "Maui Wowie", "Kona Gold", "Puna Butter", "Kauai Electric".

I gotta laugh when I think back to the days of buying a pound of Columbian. It cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $400.00 US Dollars. Pretty cheap by today's standards, but a quarter pound of that Columbian pound is gonna be straight up seeds!!!! Just think, all those seeds and all that mold...and I'm still kicking!!!

Puna bud said:
Talk about back in the day. When I started smoking herb back in 67 or so basically it was either Mexican or Columbian that we bought by the pound. I believe the old days these pounds were pressed together with Coka Cola, or some sort of liquid. Plus very rarely did this "swag" have a nice smell. It was usually different variations of mold that made up the smell of these classic "dirt weeds". So with that in mind, I probably smoked some form of mold from 67 to about mid 70's. Then is when I first smoked Hawaiian grown cannabis too. Herbs with the names like "Golden Voice", "Elephant Weed", "Maui Wowie", "Kona Gold", "Puna Butter", "Kauai Electric".

I gotta laugh when I think back to the days of buying a pound of Columbian. It cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $400.00 US Dollars. Pretty cheap by today's standards, but a quarter pound of that Columbian pound is gonna be straight up seeds!!!! Just think, all those seeds and all that mold...and I'm still kicking!!!

haha thats legendary. im beginning to believe that mold isnt necessarily "bad" for you when smoked because the reaction of the burning plant material plus oxygen/kerosene should neutralize anything harmful at least in smoke form...

still wouldnt recommend smoking mold to anyone though

andy52 said:
this thread is kinda old.sorry

it is but i don't see why that should matter. if someone else has something to add then why not. personally i'd rather that than have about 100 threads on the same subject lol

Thorn said:
yo man good to hear you ok and all!!! After that water cure I woulda said it'd be fine so smoke away bro smoke away! As long as it don't taste bad and make your lungs sore. It doesn't sound like its too bad.

Was this street green or home grown?

hey missed this question, but it was street green picked up off a dealer i know.

soooo moral of my summer tale: remove product from the original crappy sandwich bag and place into a more airtight container to avoid icky MOLD

I tried some tonight. I vaporized it. And surely was set back on my butt. Don't know if it was oxygen deprivation or a buzz. But the hazardous mold part rings true thanks

Latest posts

Back