Just starting out....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have always, always wanted to grow my own harvest. I have been smoking a long time, but never attempted to do the growing. A couple of failures during my younger years have made me shy away from gowing my own. I could imagine the pride people have smoking the bud that they grew...and I want to have that feeling. Well, with all of the professionals that I have seen in here, I wanted to get some legit advise on where to start. I just want to start with a couple of plants to get the hang of it before going balls out like some of the pics I've seen in here. So, if anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. :aok:

Hey dude I got my first grow goin. And balls out comes with just the urge to grow. Do it up. There's no such thing as a loss. If your plant dies you still gain knowledge on what NOT to do. But we have just as much pride in your crop as you do. Keep the pics up and we will all grow your plants together! Dont shy away from a fail and fall down, you have to get back up again. I saw a dude on here with nice plants grown under a bathroom sink!!! He used lights he got from WalMart on the end of a lead. I'm using aquarium lights from WalMart. I never expected to get this out of hand and now I have like 15 plants and a hygrometer. So once the ball gets rolling you start thinking and adding. Do it up tho. We got your back 100% So my advice is you can start anywhere! If you want to start Hydro then try a Deep Water Culture. Easy to make and easy to take car of. I saw a decent plant grown in my friends closet from a regular 60w lightbulb and he got about almost an ounce of smoke. Thats a nice turnout for an investment of about nothing!

Celebrity Bob said:
Hey dude I got my first grow goin. And balls out comes with just the urge to grow. Do it up. There's no such thing as a loss. If your plant dies you still gain knowledge on what NOT to do. But we have just as much pride in your crop as you do. Keep the pics up and we will all grow your plants together! Dont shy away from a fail and fall down, you have to get back up again. I saw a dude on here with nice plants grown under a bathroom sink!!! He used lights he got from WalMart on the end of a lead. I'm using aquarium lights from WalMart. I never expected to get this out of hand and now I have like 15 plants and a hygrometer. So once the ball gets rolling you start thinking and adding. Do it up tho. We got your back 100%

Thanks man. I appreciate the support. I like that "All for one and one for all" mentality. That's why I joined this site. it seems like there are a lot of helpful people here. Where do I start? I read so much crap that after a while, I don't know whats true and whats false. I need to make a simple setup and learn the process.

Well the best thing to tell you, everyone has their own way to start. No way is the wrong way or the right way to start. People like hydro better than Dirt and some like Aero or NFC or DWC or SWC or Ebb and Flow. All or different preferences. But it also depends on whats available. Miracle Grow in a 5 gal bucket with CFL's will work excellent. Know what I mean? A good rule of thumb is 1 gal to 1 ft of hieght. So a 5 gal bucket can handle a 5 ft plant. So go to WalMart (in their lighting section) and grab the highest watt CFL you can find. A CFL is the little twistie flourescent energy saving light bulb. Grab a reflective dome (the kind you had on your iguana tank) from the Automotive sction and a light timer. You'll get started there. The more lights you have the better! Put your pics up and let us congratulate you. Thats the cheapest setup I could think of. It will cost you lest than $30. If you look at my setup it cost me less than $100. I have about 15 little girls (hopefully)!

Celebrity Bob. I checked out your first grow and it seems like you the man. I would have never had a setup that nice for my first time. Thanks for the info you have posted cause I'm ready to start to grow myself.

Latest posts

Back