KDub's Grand Daddy Purple Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drfting07 said:
Theres a polite way....and then theres the other way.
Everyone here at MP has the best intentions, I can gather that much by being a member here for over 6 years. Over that time many people have cluttered out forum with mean, hateful and misinformed posts.It won't be tolerated. I wouldn't be here if it was. Be respectful and take others helpful advice/criticism. No one here is looking for a fight, believe me. If so, report them, dont make the situation worse.

Good luck with your GDP. Ill be watching if we can get this journal back on track.

My intentions are as forthcoming as anyone else here at MP. I started a grow journal, nothing else. I am more than open to any advice or information regarding growing marijuana because there is no such thing as knowing it all. I am not in anyway trying to pick fights with members, and I have asked members to not post garbage in my thread. I'd much rather talk about Tebow going to the Jets, or Manning going to the Broncos than debate the lineage of a particular strain.

I also hope that this thread can get back on track... For those that might be interested...

Good luck with your GDP grow, green mojo your way bro.

K Double said:
NorCalHal: I guess you don't get it... do you? Well, allow me to explain. For starters, we are not friends and you have not corrected any one. Your GDP history lesson has no factual merit, plus your arrogance is sickening.

Now, I'm sure that many people here at MP love your work and value your opinion. I can say that, after reviewing some of your threads I have come to the conclusion that you are a fraud.

To Any One reading this here is proof of NorcalHal's character, you be the judge. This quote comes from the horse's mouth (lol!) in his Seeds Suck thread...

Now whats really laughable is you have the nerve to give out lineage history to anyone considering you sold fake clones to the clubs in which you were a member.

Because of your own admissions, you don't deserve to be a member of any marijuana forum and this will be my last response to you. I hope that you take an opportunity to reflect and remember that I don't care about anything you have to say.

Now you have been corrected.... Phony....

*My GDP beans are from Ken Estes, any condescending comments will be met with the same aggression.*

Ahhh So you thinks u b educated.

I appreaciate you spending the time and looking into my past posts. Maybe you will learn something.

I speak only truths. I corrected you because you fell into the hype machine, and bought it hook line and sinker. It makes no difference to me, except you keep touting Ken as the father of GDP, which is a lie.

For all you ranting, you come up with calling me a fraud. Now that is laughable. You really have no idea son.

As far as selling clones mislabled. Heck ya, I did. It was the wild west. It wasn't even about strains back then, it was just about the ability to supply clone stock to the one club in Oakland that was ran by Rosenthal himself. He was the other clone vendor, who did the same thing as me, and everyone else who sold clones, and herb for that matter.
It took many years for the market to come clean.
I have absolutly no regrets at all. In fact, it helped me appreciate and seek out the truth behind many strains.

Mountain Man has it correct. Mendo purps started it all. It wasn't until the 209 blew it out that it became crazy popular. So laugh all you want. We are the ones laughing. I too am in the 209 Mountain man.

What it all comes down to is Estes is a fraud. Do your homework and you will see he was chased out of Berkely for being a clown, an unreputable clown who caused alot of Drama back in the Day. Now he has a new website conning more fools. Man, the sheeple will believe anything nowadays....

I am not hating on you bud. Quite the opposite. If you want to beleive Estes, that is your choice.

Here is some local info on your Boy Ken.
Hope you take the time to read it and you will see.

hXXp://www.eastbayexpress.com/ebx/when-pot-clubs-go-bad/Content?oid=1068009

i bought a flat of "KEN's GDP" once....it was crap. hal gifted 3 mothers of GDP that i had previously grown myself and got nothing but praise from all who sampled..HAL will not steer you wrong. he has helped me just about every step of the way since i moved to his city and has taught me more in the last year than i knew before. he may come off as kinda jerky sometimes but he DOES know what he's talkin about. out here, if you try to change a strain name you will get called out on it because folks around here know their stuff. KEN's is KRAP.

PUFF MONKEY said:
i bought a flat of "KEN's GDP" once....it was crap. hal gifted 3 mothers of GDP that i had previously grown myself and got nothing but praise from all who sampled..HAL will not steer you wrong. he has helped me just about every step of the way since i moved to his city and has taught me more in the last year than i knew before. he may come off as kinda jerky sometimes but he DOES know what he's talkin about. out here, if you try to change a strain name you will get called out on it because folks around here know their stuff. KEN's is KRAP.

QFT. Especially the jerky part :p

I guess KDub has left us. I see him lurking...but no posting. Some folks can't handle the truth.

Quick update...

Unfortunately, I had a 400w ballast go out in my veg tent... I had to replace it with a 250w temporarily. I got new pics from the grow and I will get them up this weekend. I'm waiting on a new ballasts.

Stay tuned...

PS...
If you are thinking of me, I'm truly flattered...

Another small update is upon us.

Despite an enormous amount of hate and negativity, this thread must go on.

Pics are from Mar. 28th, roughly 3 weeks, and since have been re-potted. I have also started to feed them as well.

Mar. 28 - 1 (21 Days).JPG

Mar. 28 - 2 (21 Days).JPG

Moving along...

Here are some pics (Apr 1st) since re-potting... I have started to train these early... According to the breeder pack they are 100% indica so I didn't want to waste any time letting them get to rigid... I'd like to get some nice growth from em'

So far, so good. They have a real dank smell and I will probably go 8-10 weeks on the veg for these...

Oh by the way, I'm keeping it real simple, 3 part soil mix containing HF, Coco & Perlite... and some FF nutes...

DSCI0792.JPG

DSCI0793.JPG

DSCI0794.JPG

DSCI0795.JPG

Plants are looking good, K Double.
Are you using the HF 5-5-5?

Coco is the way to go! :cool2:

Good lookin goilz (hopefully/fingers x'd) you got there. Will you keep some pollen from the healthiest males, too? That's be nice to make some more seeds for yourself. Just a thought. Can't wait to see those GDP budz, bud :aok:

Keeper dank,

:peace:,

7ge:)

Whats up people?

Its been a while but here is an update from a couple of weeks ago. I took some pics on Apr 11th (35 days veg) but I have been going through a lot of bull **** outside of growing and have had to direct my time towards straightening out those issues.

Moving along I have also flipped the switch on these as of Apr 27th. And there will be more info posted on the grow as soon as I can get time to do so.

Like I said earlier I have been having some unseen issues and I have not been able to tend to my garden as I would like. I will update this thread asap.

I will also say this, these plants have vegged til sex'd & I have 5 females / 2 males however, I had to take cuts from 2 of the females and scrap those 2 moms because of unseen issues that have prevented me from providing the type of care that I would have liked to give them. Never the less, the cuts from the 2 females have rooted and this thread will go on.

I am flowering under 1000hps in a 5x5x7 tent. Still, I am keeping things very simple & everything will be grown in a soil mix, 4 parts, FF, OF, Coco & Perlite as well FF nutes.

Please stay tuned...

Apr. 11th (35 Days) 1.JPG

Apr. 11th (35 Days) 2.JPG

Apr. 11th (35 Days) 3.JPG

Apr. 11th (35 Days) 4.JPG

Apr. 11th (35 Days) 6.JPG

Latest posts

Back