keeping rez at 68

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Just wondering if this a Good or Not.? thinking of buying a Tote that big enough to put 2 - 5 gal bucket into and put ice in around the buckets and put a few 1- gal ice milk jug into the water daily to try to keep water temp down..

Ifin yual mean "rez" short fur reservation and "tote" short fur totempoll keepin only 68 around could still get yual quick gift of hair removal system ifin yual start pokin to theyre spiritual things pilgrem. Just cause there only be 68 hangin round dont think fur one second they aint to hundreds comin ifin just one sends signal ;) Keep yur hair pilgrem aint worth it

BWD

why not freeze 2 liter soda full of water and drop them in your res? its what i do...

TokeyMcWeedy said:
why not freeze 2 liter soda full of water and drop them in your res? its what i do...

sometimes it just doesn't work well enough or long enough. i actually like the idea of 2 5gals in a tote with ice. very smart idea, i say go for it

At 68° all nutrient salts are soluble, water holds more dissolved oxygen and it also helps to keep anarobic beasties in check while allowing good ones to thrive.

kal el said:
At 68° all nutrient salts are soluble, water holds more dissolved oxygen and it also helps to keep anarobic beasties in check while allowing good ones to thrive.

99.9% of all people who run hydro, do so using synthetic nutrients. micro beasties can't survive in a synthetic solution.

if it sounds earer that putting frozen bottles in you water every few hours why not let the people here at MP know if it actually works

ShOrTbUs said:
99.9% of all people who run hydro, do so using synthetic nutrients. micro beasties can't survive in a synthetic solution.

Wrong!
I've been doing hydro since 2000 and I mainly run bio buckets using beneficials.
There are actually a lot of microbes and bacterias that can handle the high salinity of the water when using synthetics. I use AN Connoisseur or Flora Nova mainly.

When I first started having the problems that high rez temps cause I used the frozen bottles but could not keep up with them thawing due to work and then I broke down and bought a chiller. I love my chiller, I set it on 70 F in the winter and when it gets hot I turn it down to 65 F to help with the 80 F that my closet gets up to.

I am hydro and I use synthetic nutes but I do add a beneficial tea that I know the nutes start killing as soon as I put it in there but I add a little more every other day to keep it going.

I have been growing for 4 years and as I am still learning and this is just my opinion but I can say without a doubt that I would no longer be growing if I had not figured out the tea and the chiller. Once I started using these 2 things plus lots of good nutes my room started to dial in.

My last harvest netted me .81 grams per watt, I am trying to get the allusive 1 gram per watt.

Latest posts

Back