Keif

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemperFi

Reaction score
I stopped in at my local Hydro store yesterday, and my man there gave me a 120 micron bag. He instructed me to get some dry ice, toss it in the bag with some trim and shake. What I came up with is amazing.

I had a bit of a delima at first because there is absolutely no place on this boat to shake it out on -- had to get rid of the dining table to make room for my tent. I ended up shaking it out on an extra large Pizza pan that I laid on the carpet in my salon on top of a couple of plastic bags. It worked great. I ended up with almost a half pint of blond, beautiful Keif.

I was going to ask these questions last night, but I got so stoned it just didn't happen -- Do you have to press the Kief? Does it have to be cured? I just put it in a jar, and I like it just fine the way it is -- fluffy, blond, powerful. I haven't been so high on cannabis in years.

Will it stay nice in the jar?

I bought something called a "Humboldt Honey Extractor" at the same time. I haven't used it yet -- I'm waiting for my neighbors to go back home, so I can go out and do it on the deck. I don't want to spray all that butane in the boat.

Does anyone have a special way they use an extractor? How much butane will I need -- I picked up a couple of big cans of 5x -- will that be enough?

I'm thinking of using buds for the oil instead of sugar leaf, and then I was thinking of mixing some of the oil with some of the kief -- is that a good idea?

I'm real new (one day) at this hash making, but i can tell already that my personal smoke will be hash from now on.

Peace

My camera was only good for 1 picture -- I need a new one. Here is a shot of kief, pizza pan, bag, what was left in the bag, the new extractor, some scrapings from the inside of the bag and the little spatula which came in real handy. I was impressed with the clean-up -- easy peasy. What do you do with the left over shake?

100_1440.jpg

Cool. Our little hometown market has recently started carrying dry ice and I have been wanting to try some dry ice hash. I love hash, too. How big was the bag? How much dry ice did you use? How much trim?

Never used an extractor.

Goddess, the bag is 5 gal. -- a 1 gal. bag would have hit my pizza pan better, lol. I used about 4 oz of trim from the freezer. I let it sit out for a while and made sure it was all seperated, but it was pretty damp when I shook it down. I bought 4 pounds of dry ice, but left it in a cooler over night and about half of it had disipated, so I probably used 2 pounds or so. It was real easy, and I am real impressed with the end product. You are going to fall in love :)

Peace

very nice Hempfi..I love the dry ice method...what exactly do you use the extractor for?...I use a 1 gallon 220 micron bubble bag I put the trim in the freezer for an hour or so prior...The ice store here sells the tube dry ice as well..makes it easyier....I used a large moirror the first time..and now I baught some panda film to use like a table cloth and start shaking as I move around the table...the pile goes from yellow/tan...to green..I keep the tanner stuff and sell the lower quality..and I think it stores better than bubble...enjoy the smoke..heres a few shots of mine...

take care and be safe

P6240011.JPG

P6240019.JPG

P6240014.JPG

Very nice, 4u. Nice and light and tasty looking. Do you have to cure Keif? What happens to it if you don't press?

Also, if you know -- how long do you run butane through the extractor? How do you know when it is done?

peace

I know nothing about butain extraction..I think its dangerious for me and not interested...as for the storeing keif I use a jar and use the keif to top my bong weed..I start smoking right when I collect..I have pressed some but not sure if its better or not...but it stays nice and fluffy in the jar...

Thanks, Weed -- I feel like I have found what I was looking for in the first place.

I know it's a bit dangerous, 4u. I only began to consider doing it after hearing about a hash oil explosion in some cheap hotel somewhere. I'll do it outside and be very careful. If you hear that I blew myself up just remember that I did it in the happy pursuit of something I love :)

Peace

First ya need tell me where ya stash is..sos..I could claim of coarse:D

enjoy the persuit of Happiness

I have a friend coming over for lunch and other goodies. I think I will pick up some dry ice and make a bit of hash while she catches up on the Downton Abby episodes she has missed. Both of you did such a great job and your hash look so good I just gotta give it a try. I've probably got 3-4 ounces of trim in the freezer.

Hemper you be careful.

Please let us know how it turns out Godess...and enjoy your friends company

:48:

I take it that this method is easier then the wet ice way?

Weed, I have never done the wet ice thing, but I am sure of one thing that's easier -- and that is clean-up. The only mess you make with the dry ice method is a messy pile of dank hash -- I may have ruined a credit card scraping it all up :)

Peace

I paid 40 bucks for this pretty little "Humboldt Honey Extractor." I then went on utube trying to find out how to use the thing and watched a guy do the same thing I have in mind with a Mason jar and a coffee filter. I'll keep my little toy because it is way cool, but I'm thinking all I needed was the butane -- I have plenty of product and lots of Mason jars. I'll let you know how it works as soon as I work up the balls to run a batch :) I will be very careful.

Peace

WeedHopper said:
I take it that this method is easier then the wet ice way?

Way easier WEEDHopper....Ive done plenty of Bubble and ya need atleast the three Bags...mix ...than freeze///than mix and dump through the bags....than scrape out the goods...with dry ice its shake shake shake.....Shake shake shake...Shake ya booodie...lol...and scrap the goods up..Im tryn to design a dry ice setup that is one unit ...the shaker will be connected to a jar for collection..Im sure a funnel of sort will be needed...

another bonus with dry vers wet...you can smoke the dry after extracting as the wet needs to dry out a few days

the dry ice sounds difficut with all that shaking, does it all go together the dry ice andtrim in the micro bag then shake can you explain i want to try

skullcandy said:
the dry ice sounds difficut with all that shaking, does it all go together the dry ice andtrim in the micro bag then shake can you explain i want to try

Trust me, the shaking is much easier than the mixing for 20-30 minutes.

I made some yesterday. I did not grade mine, but mixed it all together. It is so much faster and easier than the regular ice method. Mine has more green that 4U's but it smoked great. However it does not seem to have the hashy taste to it that the bubble has. I think I may compress some of it.

Thanks to Hemper and 4U for the info on dry ice.

Latest posts

Back