KGBSkunky's terrible experiments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally figured it out as to why the new growth over the tops of the White Widow and a few new growth spurts on the Gorilla Zkittlez. Happening at the same time and you can see it the best on the WW. When I left the top fan off for 24 hours it changed the environmental factors enough to force the plant to grow. Both of these strains list 11 weeks and I am 2 weeks from that timeframe now. I read up on this issue and fans can do it. So next round I start programming my fans to stimulate growth.

1689082318510.jpeg

As the plant takes in less water they now struggle to be at the humidity my tent requires for my light to run at 100%. I have a choice of adding a vaporizer at this late a stage or dropping my light to 90%. I decided to cut the light back to 90% so my VPD will clock in at about 145 which is where I want it. My fear is a vaporizer, just two weeks out, would increase my chances of bud rot.

If my theory is correct keeping inside the VPD range right now may be the most critical part. If the plants don’t perspire properly they can’t produce properly.

I am considering harvesting in three groups. The lowest smaller buds the second I see amber. The larger buds at 30% amber and the remaining thin middle layer at 70% amber. Any thoughts on this?

So I made a decision to pull some of the buds below the scrog net off the Gorilla Zkittlez and White Widow dry for 3-5 days then freeze before completely dry for an experiment. So I hooked up the exhaust from low on the 2x2 drying tent to the bottom intake of my grow tent as I previously explained. It will now dry while spinning slowly for an even drying experience. When I do the slow 14 day dry I will hook up my AC Infinity humidifier but this is different. I will be adding bits of this over time to my vaporizer. Just a small amount of early trichomes appears to revive older stash for me using a vaporizer. And those were tiny samples from two weeks ago.

I should note the buds are extremely hard as per it's Gorilla Glue heritage. White Widow also tight just not as rock hard as the GS.

Last edited:
Lets smoke. Light it up.
The buds I cut today can’t be for smoking cause with a five day dry it would taste terrible due to chlorophyll. I have some three year old Gorilla Glue that has spent it’s life in a ziplock bag in my freezer. Not vacuum sealed and I pulled small amounts of bud from it then close it up and back in the freezer. It’s lost almost all of its terpenes and has no smell. The effect when vaporized is minimal. I got like an eighth left and was going to toss it then I put a tiny amount of fresh bud dried laying on my desk for like 4 days. Woke that tired bud right up.

So that’s what this is destined to do. Plus I get to observe my spinning drying process and see if the smell is contained. I need to cut more but I realize I need nitrile gloves. Man this really is glue

Day 54 of flower. I keep taking pictures of the best cola here is the second best cola. You can tell the trichomes have mostly turned from clear to frosty still waiting on amber. I have discovered a way to use the AC Infinity clip on tent fans to promote growth even at this late stage. I had to drop my light, which is 240 watts at the plug, down from 10 to 8 to make my VPD fall into proper flowering range. VPD, in my opinion, is key at this stage.

1689440277547.jpeg

I have been mostly displaying the plant with the best colas. The White Widow has some impressive buds too and the Northern Lights is just stunted and will maybe produce about 1/2 ounce of bud. But it still should be super impressive. As of now I start checking all three plants for trichomes. Take a look at the WW and NL with the NL being the last. It's stunted but still has a good trichome ratio I think. The NL will maybe go two weeks more than the other two.

1689445795932.png

1689445844891.png

Looking amazing kgb! My last grow was white widow. Harvested at day 70 of flowering. Could easily go one more week.
Got my eyes on that gorilla zkittlez strain. Looking very strong and promising but a lot of reports of hermies because mother gorilla came out of a hermie . Im not sure yet. Lost all of my grow 2 grows ago cus of hermie so..

Looking amazing kgb! My last grow was white widow. Harvested at day 70 of flowering. Could easily go one more week.
Got my eyes on that gorilla zkittlez strain. Looking very strong and promising but a lot of reports of hermies because mother gorilla came out of a hermie . Im not sure yet. Lost all of my grow 2 grows ago cus of hermie so..
Yet another reason I used the earthbox. I grew tomatoes for years in them and they are hands down guaranteed to produce huge amounts of delicious tomatoes. Other processes can make bigger tomatoes but not tastier tomatoes.

And I never had a plant herme in one. But starting off is harder up front. Working on that and will incorporate the information in my next grow. Then we will see if it works

Amy goal is to make it simple to grow incredible cannabis

I believe this is referred to as “Fox tailing”? Could be from when I super stressed them as seedlings or it may be a genetic trait since it’s happening on all the White Widow plant buds not just the top ones. It’s not heat and it doesn’t bother me. Buds are very hard and dense

1689599563037.jpeg

As long as the buds are dense, I love the foxtail look 💕. I don’t know why it gets such a bad wrap…
As long as it doesn’t affect the final product I find it interesting. In fact I made some changes that I believe are causing it. I think I may try to get all my buds to do this if I like the final product. I just have to remember to always check trichomes on the old parts of the bud and never the foxtails.

This is why I love a controller. I make a change then I can observe it. I even put a one hour fan ripple where the top fan drops from a 5 out of 10 to a 1 out of ten once an hour for 10 minutes. I believe this is what’s causing the genetics on the WW to foxtail. Notice how tight my heat and humidity is by using a controller over a 5 hour period.

1689628907358.png

So I have been spin drying some early bud from both the GZ and the WW plants for eight days. I didn’t realize just how much big buds shrink but the interesting thing is they have, as individual buds hanging and spinning in a net basket, dried very evenly. None are dried to the point the sugar leaves are crumbly and the centers have a small amount of moisture. I can’t see how you can get any mold this way. I don’t think it’s possible.

Just an update

Latest posts

Back