Kinda Sketched...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DLtoker

So I go into my hydro shop probably once every week or two. I **** chat, do my thing. Really am in never too much of a rush. But yesterday I saw this guy in there for a second time. And he was talking of how he was in Cali for a month 10 years ago and how everyone out there is baked 24 hours out of the day and we are only baked an hour. Just wierd stuff I guess. Stuff that is inappropriate for a grow shop in my mind. Since I have had a day to think about it, is it wierd for me to see the same guy there twice? Maybe I'm just paranoid but when I go to my little local deli I never see the same person in there more than once and I've been going there for years. What do you guys think? Should I just let it go or should I still worry that it could be something else?:confused:

Sounds to me that this person could be 1 of 2 things.

1. Just another grower who cant keep his mouth shut (i talk about Tomatoe plants at my grow shop and they know exactly what i am talking about).

or..

2. Someone who is trying to infiltrate your local 'grow network' as the authorities would call it as they seem to think that growers huddle together and form these groups (which i am sure they dont unless they are commercial). It almost sounds like he is trying to gain your confidence to tell him things. Tell him nothing, dont even talk to him if you have suspicions that he may be up to no good.

That was my thoughts on the matter

Where's that guy with the sig...."Even a fish wouldn't get caught, if it would just keep his mouth shut"..
Thank you Confucious!

Maybe there might be a little paranoia in ther.But now that guy is in your mind for a potenal problem or more,dont let it slip out of your mind.Cause we are paranoid people by weed nature,But with what we all do we all should have a little paranoia in us,and keep our eyes open for potenal problems like this guy.Good luck and stay safe brother.;)

hate to talk about legalisation here but..

Do you think the paranoid feeling we get from people like that is induced by the legal system? the fact that a grower could be sentenced to X amount of years in prison is something we are all afraid of. And to be perfectly honest, i would probably not have a great time in prison as i am not a hardened criminal/murderer/theif/rapist/extortionist/conman.. the list goes on. It seems unfair for those who grow this wonderful plant for their own needs to be imprisoned. In a lot of places in europe (this is a rumour, god knows if its true) you are allowed to legally grow 1 MJ plant for your own consumption.

Yes, i think they should bust those people who grow only to line their pockets as its a very expensive commodity in most places and i think its disgusting the prices people charge for a bit of herb that keeps people like me sane.

Our feelings about dealers are mutual all across the entire forum though, and it is the main reason why i decided to fork out a load of cash to grow my own. If i was to tell you how much i spent on my grow gear in terms of a dealers price it would be 1oz and 18th (30grams) of any normal bud you buy where i am from.

I dont find myself anymore paranoid being a smoker than i did before, only paranoid of things that people /should/ be paranoid about.. like getting caught! its the one thing i never want to happen. like hick quoted.. im a fish, and my mouth is shut.. but still the paranoia remains!

many views, many opinions."IMO" the guy you saw at the store was probably nothing,"probably". However keep your peepers open,be smart man.if i saw the same dude in the local garden centre twice, i wouldn`t be worried.if i saw some guy hanging around outside my home,on two occasions:stoned:,my eyes would be wide open.
and as has been mentioned,ALWAYS keep your mouth shut.:) :cop:
happy growing dudes.

DrGreenThumb said:
Sounds to me that this person could be 1 of 2 things.

1. Just another grower who cant keep his mouth shut (i talk about Tomatoe plants at my grow shop and they know exactly what i am talking about).

or..

2. Someone who is trying to infiltrate your local 'grow network' as the authorities would call it as they seem to think that growers huddle together and form these groups (which i am sure they dont unless they are commercial). It almost sounds like he is trying to gain your confidence to tell him things. Tell him nothing, dont even talk to him if you have suspicions that he may be up to no good.

That was my thoughts on the matter

agreed. :huh:

Thanks guys for all the input. My lease is up at the end of the month as it is so I may just bump over to the next state or something haha. He really didn't come off as the brightest crayon in the box so who knows. Either way, loose lips sink ships...

Your brain sends you a signal when you encounter this guy at the grow shop and tells you to be suspicous. You question it and ask yourself am I being paranoid? Why question it? Treat this guy like a cop, but keep it to yourself.

I got into so much trouble when I was young and I swear to God 98% of it was completely avoidable. My problem was my mouth. I let it run and I got into all sorts of trouble because of it. Listen to yourself and keep your own counsel. Trust your intuition with this guy, be smart, and keep your mouth shut. If your right, he won't get near you and if your wrong, oh well, he sounds like an ******* anyway. Good luck to you buddy.

Latest posts

Back