largest tomato competition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kanehduhbuz

Reaction score
:ignore: hello growers - whos interested:rolleyes: in a competion to grow the biggest, bestest tomato? now that this seasons just about over, we could start now and get a tomato grow for everyone to start on the same date (i.e. - start your seed date - jan.31/08) biggest tomato wins:) . lots of time to think about it, set guidlines, etc. since i grow tomatos every year, count me in.:D :woohoo:

no garden this year, but sounds really cool. Good luck.

:hubba: o.k. - checked the in-door start up dates for a bunch of fruits, veggies + flowers - so yesterday, i started up some tomato beef steaks seeds + other items. they will all be going outside in late may. i will be putting 1 tomato plant into a container (pics to follow) + the rest will go into the garden.:D lets all grooooow healthy - :p :watchplant:

I started mine Feb 26th. Growing "Big Zack", 5 plants so far about 6 inches tall. Probably setting out in May also. I'll join the competition.... :hubba:
Pictures soon.

Oh, I will hop in for sure! I have some really cool tomato and lettuce seeds now that the misses says I am not allowed to have the reefer indoors anymore...

So, I guess I will start a few tomato seeds this week and hop on the bandwagon! Here is a pic of some hydroponic lettuce I just got done harvesting and there are more seedlings in the works as well...:cool:

PICT0148.jpg

Hey looks good DL..okay guys I started a few tamato plants a week ago and I too will be outside in may...Im in....pics later

I would start a garden but I'm about to relocate. I will be following the thread though. Good luck and keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Will try my hand at tomatoes this year and would love to join the grow off. Just purchased a strawberry plant too and plan on having about 12 more or so of different veggies and fruits.

Looks to be a cold night..this year is a bit slow..I still plan on keeping these inside until May maybe midmay..LOL..that was funny to type..Heres My Early Girl..

I'm still here, my "big zac's" are almost a foot tall now. I forgot to take pics while they were seedlings. They are outside right now, but bringing them in for the next 2 nights because of predicted cold weather.

Im in. I am picking up my seeds tonight and getting everything set up. I love gardening, this should be alot of fun.

my father and i finally got a garden in, i will have photos of it and the inground plants... all organic and i will give details when i get there. we just got 30 inground and might go for more. our record at the house was 200 and all got over 8 ft until they just grew out of the cages and back down.

My onions are up and doing well, just waiting on the peas. I am going to start my tomato plants this weekend. I am going with an local heirloom beefsteak. Should be great eating and make lots of sauce for the winter. My wife and I are putting in the recession garden this year!!

Oh what the hell...
Will post a pic up l8r...tossed some maters, cucumbers, and cayenne peppers into some poo n dirt to see what happens.
Everyones plants are lookin good :D Keep it green

Hey thanks for join in Mutt..this is fun..I plan on putN mine into its final spot ouside this weekend..

Latest posts

Back